Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm on ur boardz, wasting ur 2024 election bandwidthz

ahh ta - so it only stays the same if you rotate it which you wouldn't actually do :)

eta: how the fuck are we supposed to remember that?
There's a thin white reinforcing strip on the side that goes against the flagstaff. Most, if not all, flags have this reinforced part. So, with this taken as the flagstaff, the thicker stripe on the Union Flag should be at the top, on that side of the flag. Zapp Brannigan illustrates the correct way perfectly.

Nicked from b3ta.com
ForMrToast.jpg

Sure I've said this before. But what the fuck is a toolmaker anyway?

I think he misunderstood his dad when he said he made a tool.
Toolmaker - in engineering - is someone who makes the machine tools other workers use to produce widgets. They also work to very much tighter tolerances.
{that's what my late father was doing as a toolmaker in WW2 - mainly aircraft and then munitions - before 1939 he had actually been working on steam locomotives and post WW2 he moved into the drawing offices to do designs and calculations, with slide rules and log tables}

Toolmaker - in engineering - is someone who makes the machine tools other workers use to produce widgets. They also work to very much tighter tolerances.
{that's what my late father was doing as a toolmaker in WW2 - mainly aircraft and then munitions - before 1939 he had actually been working on steam locomotives and post WW2 he moved into the drawing offices to do designs and calculations, with slide rules and log tables}
Side rules were used for longer than you would think, I used one when I was working in civil engineering in the early 70s.

Side rules were used for longer than you would think, I used one when I was working in civil engineering in the early 1700s.

You're right, I certainly didn't realise how long they'd been around for

English mathematician and clergyman Reverend William Oughtred and others developed the slide rule in the 17th century based on the emerging work on logarithms by John Napier.

Back
Top Bottom