Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hotel housing asylum seekers attacked in Knowsley

I feel like I'm being subtweeted here seeing as I was one of the first to say I wasn't convinced the video in question showed real events. I'd just like to point out that I never said 'this never happens', in fact my whole point was that this happens all the fucking time to teenage girls and that even if asylum seekers are doing it then that's no reason to call out the pitchfork posse when those communities don't react that way when it's a white man doing the harassing. It's being used as an excuse for racism.

I don't know if the video is genuine or not. I agree that the harassment, actual or confected, is being used and manipulated to whip up communities.

However, I also think that given the mass rape of poor vulnerable working class girls on an industrial scale in Rotherham, Telford, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, Halifax, Derby, Peterborough, Bristol, Huddersfield, Oldham etc communities are right to be concerned, vigilant and angry and our starting point has to be to believe those reporting harassment or worse.

I don't know if the video is genuine or not. I agree that the harassment, actual or confected, is being used and manipulated to whip up communities.

However, I also think that given the mass rape of poor vulnerable working class girls on an industrial scale in Rotherham, Telford, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, Halifax, Derby, Peterborough, Bristol, Huddersfield, Oldham etc communities are right to be concerned, vigilant and angry and our starting point has to be to believe those reporting harassment or worse.
Indeed, and the key point of those cases is not the race of the men, but the fact that they girls where ignored and not listened to and just were not given any thought at all it seems.

I remember on of the victims mentioning how the police where always tying to find something they could charge one of her abusers with, but not once did they think about the fact he would be with an underage girls when they stopped him.

I feel like I'm being subtweeted here seeing as I was one of the first to say I wasn't convinced the video in question showed real events. I'd just like to point out that I never said 'this never happens', in fact my whole point was that this happens all the fucking time to teenage girls and that even if asylum seekers are doing it then that's no reason to call out the pitchfork posse when those communities don't react that way when it's a white man doing the harassing. It's being used as an excuse for racism.
I have no idea what subtweeted means :D

If people want to speculate if it is real or not that is up to them, but I'm uncomfortable with it for the reasons I have given.

And unless you are going to try and argue it nevers happens I don't see the point of it? And if done somewhere more public than here could be counterproductive in my opinion.

If it could be proven to be deliberate fake created by a far right organisation that would be something worth making a point out of, but I don't see anything positive coming from idle speculation.

Not that I have let that stop me with somethings in the past.

I have no idea what subtweeted means :D

If people want to speculate if it is real or not that is up to them, but I'm uncomfortable with it for the reasons I have given.

And unless you are going to try and argue it nevers happens I don't see the point of it? And if done somewhere more public than here could be counterproductive in my opinion.

If it could be proven to be deliberate fake created by a far right organisation that would be something worth making a point out of, but I don't see anything positive coming from idle speculation.

Not that I have let that stop me with somethings in the past.
The point of it is that if far right organisations are creating fake videos suggesting 'our girls' are being predated by foreigners and using them to whip up mobs then that's fucking offensive on all sorts of levels. How dare they casually weaponise the real abuse of women and girls and use it for their own political ends. Where are they when schoolgirls are harassed or assaulted by the white guys they work with or drink down the pub with? They don't care. It's only interesting or useful if a foreign man's doing it. Fuck the women who get abuse from British men.

Indeed, and the key point of those cases is not the race of the men, but the fact that they girls where ignored and not listened to and just were not given any thought at all it seems.

Precisely. That sense of being seen as sub-human (if seen at all) percolates deep into the types of communities where asylum seekers are being disproportionately located. Add in the cost of living crisis and grinding inequality and poverty and it doesn’t take a genius to see how Knowsley happened and how similar places could follow.

A starting point for any effective intervention in these communities on our side has to be simply to listen and learn. It won’t be though: ‘we’ know best.

Name wasn't familiar to me either, but apparently she's a "migrant hunter" with a youtube channel called Yorkshire Rose.
Profiled in this article:
Not posting this as an endorsement of HNH, but they're often useful for intel, here's their write-up, which mentions Smith as having helped promote the Knowsley demo:
Shame that that network 23 link now appears to be down. That was a pretty good resource.

Trying to keep up with demos by searching the place on twitter is always an interesting experience, just learned about the low quality of avocado toast at Rotherham Morrisons:

Also a nice bit of fascist whining to the police here:

Obviously doesn't do anything to address the underlying issues, but good that today seems to have gone a lot less badly than I was expecting.

I think the bloke with the glasses thinks the other bloke is a wanker.

He's probably right tbf.

That looks like St George's Hall opposite Lime St in the background used to walk past that when I worked in Liverpool from 1980 to 1990.
You can't hear what the off camera guy said first so you don't know really know what they're arguing about but that is so typically Scouse it makes me nostalgic.
"Fuck Off"
"No You Fuck Off"
No You Fuck Off You Fucker"

That looks like St George's Hall opposite Lime St in the background used to walk past that when I worked in Liverpool from 1980 to 1990.
You can't hear what the off camera guy said first so you don't know really know what they're arguing about but that is so typically Scouse it makes me nostalgic.
"Fuck Off"
"No You Fuck Off"
No You Fuck Off You Fucker"
Could've been happening in any city with a large working class demographic to be fair. I don't think Scousers are particularly unique in the telling divs to fuck off, being told fuck off back cycle.

I just had a drunken conversation with two groovy “we are social media motivators” and they played the obvious shite racist narrative with no sense of irony whatsoever

I’m coming to the realisation that this country is full of horrible little pricks

Last edited:
Here's what Leeds AFN reckon about the day:

Yesterday Leeds AFN joined the newly formed coalition "Yorkshire Against Hate" in opposing a rally organised by "Mick" (English Bulldog) who is a part of the migrant hunter grift. Unfortunately migrant hunters received minimal attention from antifascists while Patriotic Alternative had the spotlight. This allowed them to tap into public opinion and direct anger towards migrants instead of the neoliberal economic policies and degradation of public services that led to people becoming poorer.
Prior to the demo concerns were already arising with Alek Yerbury already expressing concerns that the police weren't alerted and not much prior planning had occurred.
On the day Yorkshire Against Hate took the space early on outside the hotel before the far right could create much of a relevant presence and receptive messages from asylum seekers inside the hotel.
As numbers were slowly increasing Alan Leggett (Active Patriot) showed up on the other side of the fence. He became quickly agitated and tried to get towards antifascists before being stopped by police and some of his own friends. Not very sure why he was so upset was it because he indicated that wanted to inappropriately touch dogs? Or perhaps it was because antifascists knew he's based at 20B Breret... actually nevermind
🤫

Despite the heavy police presence and fenced off zones, antifascists managed to break the kettle and meet the far right where a few scuffles had unfolded.
The far right crowd had a couple of noticeable figures including a Walter Mitty type and a Proud Boys Britannia member Warren Gilly.
A major barrier to organizing was the SWP that attempted to police the YAH bloc.
Overall the day went well with no arrests on our side and far right being outnumbered.
Yorkshire Against Hate is a newer coalition and did quite well in spite of that.

This is worth a watch. not at all specific to Knowsley but covers the situation in general:

On the social media page the reporter's looking at for the fash Rotherham event, it says "STOP THE MIGRANT INVASION" - exactly the language that our home secretary was using.
Worth noting that.

social media page on reporter's phone as described above

Interesting how locality is affecting locals of a left persuasion.

Having it literally on your doorstep is both motivating and worrying most the people I know looking at counter protesting. The underlying emotion is nervousness and the question “is it right to bring the attention to the hotel”

Some are waivering. The local refugee support network are promoting non attendance.

If no one counters it, the idiots will be back next week

I’m hoping the police hold the line between the two groups and egg artillery comes into best effect.

Messy as fuck

I am pleased to report that the Hotels housing illegals FB group has been taken down (I for one reported it when I became aware of it) however they have a back up group. Could people please report this as well?

Disappointing that News Agency guy Lewis Goodhall only spoke to counter-protestors who sounded middle-class though. Really sick of the idea that racists are "thick working class people."
It's the ruling classes that are encouraging this, and it's being jumped on by pretty privileged fash types who take advantage of people who are some of the poorest in society.

Back
Top Bottom