Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

Triggered by this fuckery, but not exclusive to it, I've been pondering something about this heartless, knee-jerk right wing populism: When does shame kick in?

Shame is a fundamental part of being a human being in a social context. Are they that divorced from 'normal' people that feelings of shame just don't crop up? Did Jenrick feel shame about ordering those cartoons painted over in that reception centre? Does Starmer feel any shame when an associate says they may carry out the Rwanda plan if Sunak carres it off?

Although I'm not at any way connected with these barbaric actions, I still feel a degree of shame by association by living in the UK. Maybe that's unjustified, but the feeling is there nonetheless. And I'm a dual Australian/British national, which may explain it....

It's gonna be a total farce and completely backfire in the elections. I don't know what will go wrong, but it will, because they're trying to do something that seems at least slightly complicated.

Triggered by this fuckery, but not exclusive to it, I've been pondering something about this heartless, knee-jerk right wing populism: When does shame kick in?

Shame is a fundamental part of being a human being in a social context. Are they that divorced from 'normal' people that feelings of shame just don't crop up? Did Jenrick feel shame about ordering those cartoons painted over in that reception centre? Does Starmer feel any shame when an associate says they may carry out the Rwanda plan if Sunak carres it off?

Although I'm not at any way connected with these barbaric actions, I still feel a degree of shame by association by living in the UK. Maybe that's unjustified, but the feeling is there nonetheless. And I'm a dual Australian/British national, which may explain it....
Jenrick and the rest are villains with no redeeming features. If they were written into a work of fiction, they'd be badly drawn characters, but in real life, they really have shrugged off every last vestige of humanity and any sense of human decency.

So the first one's gone, albeit a 'voluntary' one. He gets a 3k lump sum in cash and free accommodation in what looks like a fairly decent hotel in the centre of Kigali.

Bonkers. I'm thinking of applying myself.

So the first one's gone, albeit a 'voluntary' one. He gets a 3k lump sum in cash and free accommodation in what looks like a fairly decent hotel in the centre of Kigali.

Bonkers. I'm thinking of applying myself.
Take off the cost of a Kigali-Paris flight and it looks like the vermin may have incentivised repeat crossings and created a new ‘career’ opportunity.

When I was in Calais I spoke to an Afghan man who was trying to get to the UK for the third time. He was first here as a child but got sent back to Afghanistan at 18 because it was 'safe' and he was no longer a child. He arrived at kabul, a city he didn't know, with no one to return to. I can't remember why he was sent back a 2nd time, probably failed in his asylum claim. So he had made his way to calais again to try again.

It is marginally amusing though, the way the Irish suddenly become very British about refugees as soon as they realise that they're not all white folk from Ukraine.

tbf the situation in Ireland regarding refugees and immigrants had been getting pretty fucking dark for ages .. Ireland one of the most expensive places to live in.. so easy prey to right wing Agitators playing the blame game

some of them being voice from England to boot

did we not lose a long term poster in here a few years ago as they had jumped down the right wing rabbit hole after moving to Ireland

tbf the situation in Ireland regarding refugees and immigrants had been getting pretty fucking dark for ages .. Ireland one of the most expensive places to live in.. so easy prey to right wing Agitators playing the blame game

some of them being voice from England to boot

did we not lose a long term poster in here a few years ago as they had jumped down the right wing rabbit hole after moving to Ireland
Witnessed it in Limerick late 90s. 2 young women, one pushing a ram were old to go, upon entering a cafe. Both were non white.

• Sad
Reactions: Ax^
ah just watched it deteriorating over the years myself.. but it a country without a history of immigration into the country but these day some of the shite you hear from people back home

plus if you try to point out that half of this shite is coming from evangelist Christian types who want to drag Ireland back to 1970 and 1980 with anti abortion and shite about the anti LGBTQ shite they cannie even see it

sorting out housing in Ireland might resolve some of it but the running deep now

hmm one thing that Irish government could do is give everyone effective by the crisis Irish citizenship and then point out about the cta that came into existence along with the free state

"live were you prefer"

Saw a post on X , and I had been thinking the same way . What's to stop someone who is happily living in Rwanda , heading over to the UK , applying for Asylum, being refused , and flying back to Rwanda to 5 years rent free & all the other stuff ?

Saw a post on X , and I had been thinking the same way . What's to stop someone who is happily living in Rwanda , heading over to the UK , applying for Asylum, being refused , and flying back to Rwanda to 5 years rent free & all the other stuff ?
I suspect it doesn't actually apply to Rwandan citizens or someone already granted refugee status in Rwanda, even our government isn't daft enough to have not thought of that (though I wouldn't lay money on it)
hmm one thing that Irish government could do is give everyone effective by the crisis Irish citizenship and then point out about the cta that came into existence along with the free state

"live were you prefer"
It wouldn't surprise me if there was the odd chucklehead in the Dail who has thought of that as a way to stick 2 fingers up to Westminster but there are just so many ways that might backfire on them.

the retoric from Westminster is pretty bad about this so it could be a way to go

the Tory party willing to cause a diplomatic incident with Ireland because of their weak as fuck pm

and their inability to reach a comprising with paris

"Protestors have stopped a bus in Peckham that's trying to transport asylum seekers to the Bibby Barge since early this morning. Now police vans with arrested protestors are also being stopped but they need more support. If anyone can, please head down to Peckham (near Peckham Pelican, SE15 5PY)." Just received via signal chat I'm on.

Back
Top Bottom