Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

E2a there is also an as of yet, unsubstantiated rumour on Twitter that a civilian airline has agreed to the contract

Got sent this in an email from Freedom from Torture this morning:

Right now, it's being reported that the airline AirTanker are in talks with the government to fly refugees to Rwanda as part of their cruel cash for humans scheme.

This government's Rwanda scheme flies in the face of international law, the UK Supreme Court and common human decency. It's cruel, and it's wrong. We see the terror it's inflicting on survivors of torture every day in our therapy rooms.

In 2022, AirTanker ruled themselves out of being part of this scheme.

It's time for them to do the right thing again.

Tell AirTanker to rule themselves out NOW

https://secure.freedomfromtorture.org/page/147528/action/1

AirTanker

Registered address at RAF Brize Norton. Nature of business includes non-scheduled passenger air transport.

The two AirTanker "surge" A330s are already on lease to Jet2 for the summer so the a/c will probably be G-VYGK which is operated by AT on the BZZ - MPA route for the RAF. They could find another operator for the Falklands run easier than they can for the Kigali adventures.

Well there's a thing. The Rwanda flights are not actually going to solve the small boats issue. Who knew?

Reckon I've come up with something better than hanging for mps, namely confiscating all electronic devices and putting them in small boats at dungeness and sending them over to France. And on the beaches at France sending them over - in the same boats - back to dungeness. Repeat as required.

If this were ever to succeed as a deterrent, it would have done so by now. In fact, for years refugees have been treated like shit. We all know it; yarl's wood anyone? These already extant conditions are no deterrent, so why would a ticket to another country?

If this were ever to succeed as a deterrent, it would have done so by now. In fact, for years refugees have been treated like shit. We all know it; yarl's wood anyone? These already extant conditions are no deterrent, so why would a ticket to another country?
if an overcrowded dinghy across the channel at freezing temps is no a deterrent, maybe we should take a very stern look at our foreign policies.

he says 'Rwandan' but he'd land the plane in Tanzania and tell them to make their own way for the last bit.
Not that I wouldn't put it past him to have the plane land in an adjacent country but nowhere in the piece does he say 'Rwandan'. I did a search.

Last edited:
"The UK government hasn’t approached Ryanair to carry out the flights" - they're utter cunts, but even the Home Office's cruelty has limits.

What an absolute plum; the few £m they might make from rat-boy could be massively off-set by an effective boycott campaign
only problem there is, I suspect almost everyone who might boycott already avoids the buggers like the plague

only problem there is, I suspect almost everyone who might boycott already avoids the buggers like the plague
Maybe, but I know quite a few youngsters who've used them; folk who'd likely not take too kind a view of any collaborator corporation.

Could a 737 make it to Rwanda without a fuel stop? It doesn’t matter, this is just Oleary getting some more free publicity

Shame there isn't a clause that says if a Tory would cause serioues and irreversible harm he wouldn't be sent to Parliament. But there isn't. They are all this out of touch. Sunak's answer would have been even wrose given his distant relationship to even basic contrivances like debit cards.

Back
Top Bottom