Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Proper chain of command needs to be followed.
It seems Son Q already knows, Pollyanna told him this morning when she came in off nights, yet another tick in the 'What a Wonderful Girl' column as far his mother is concerned.
Mrs Q has told Eldest and delegated telling SiL to her, chivvying Paddy has been delegated to Middle Q.
Chain of command 🤣:facepalm: or getting someone else to do something you could easily do yourself?

Eta Sorry, I just find that really weird.

Shit something we might agree on! :p There is a slight element of fear of legal action and/or being in trouble within the NHS that drives a few things, so sometimes simple ideas like that you would think are common sense to do aren't as someone's (usually anxious manager) has gone "Yeah, but what if...". And the fear is that 'what if?' turns out to be the illiterate person that then has an anaphylaxis shock to something you didn't ask them specifically about (shit example but you get what I mean hopefully). There are also a few legal people that will try and sue the NHS any chance they get, and even if they don't win it can be stressful and time consuming for staff.
Yeah - the person doing my booster vaccine had to go back to the reception person (one of many desks in a big vaccination centre) as they'd not ticked the answer to one question. They did ask it but must have missed it in error. They wouldn't do the vaccine without this being sorted - which makes sense from a risk management point of view I suppose, and only delayed things by a minute or two.

Has anyone who has received three doses of Pfizer had a worse reaction to the booster than to the two primary doses? I’ve had 2 x Pfizers in the summer without any great reaction apart from slightly sore arm, and soon hopefully can get the booster dose and just wondering what the chances are of having anything worse from the booster?

One last check in here - I'm pulling out of a birthday party on Friday cos I'm only having my booster tomorrow morning, and everything I've read says it takes 1 - 2 weeks to fully protect me. Is 72 hours dicey, or safe? What do we think?

One last check in here - I'm pulling out of a birthday party on Friday cos I'm only having my booster tomorrow morning, and everything I've read says it takes 1 - 2 weeks to fully protect me. Is 72 hours dicey, or safe? What do we think?

Stuff I've seen says booster generates a good immune response much quicker than the previous 2 doses, days rather than 2-3 weeks, but don't have the study to hand, think also 2hats posted something along those lines on here maybe?

Has anyone who has received three doses of Pfizer had a worse reaction to the booster than to the two primary doses? I’ve had 2 x Pfizers in the summer without any great reaction apart from slightly sore arm, and soon hopefully can get the booster dose and just wondering what the chances are of having anything worse from the booster?

Don't think any anecdote will mean anything to your own chances of side effects tbh.

So would 3 days be enough?

I don't think anyone can answer that TBH.

How long does the booster take to be effective?​

Studies have shown very high protection after one or two weeks after the booster jab. A recent trial by Pfizer suggests that from seven days onwards, a booster dose of Pfizer is extremely effective at preventing illness from Covid-19.

The first UK real-world study, also looking at the Pfizer vaccine as a booster, only started to measure protection levels against Covid-19 illness from two weeks after the booster - again, protection levels were very high at this point.

I had three Pfizers and had even less reaction with the third than for the first two (which were very mild, bit tired, bit jaded feeling, slightly sore head).

So would 3 days be enough?
They had some scientists answering questions about this on R4 this morning and the time for the booster to kick in was one of them. I think they said there wasn't yet enough data but possibly a little bit quicker than 14 days, so maybe 10 was reasonable but 🤷‍♀️. (You can listen to it on catch up -- discussion probably started about 8:40ish on the Today programme.)

Had three Pfizers and didn't have any noticable reaction apart from a bit of a sore arm for a day or so, along with sleeping heavily the first night with weird dreams. No difference between the booster and the first two.

Booster & other doses ...

LINK : Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination

Info was updated following the announcement yesterday [12 Dec 2021] but the system is still lagging ...

Use this service to book a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or booster dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine or manage an appointment.

Latest JCVI guidance

The NHS is working on plans to offer:
  • a booster dose to everyone aged 18 to 29 years old
  • a booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
  • a 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note that these are not yet available to book using this service.
We'll update this page once the service is updated. Please wait to be contacted by the NHS.

Here's hoping that the update works quickly, and that the extra staff & facilities can swing into operation as soon as possible [if not quicker !]
I wonder how many of the currently hesitant will be swayed into accepting jags.

My colleague at work came down with Covid just over a week after his booster - although he had prolonged exposure over a few days.

So based on that I'd say no, protection hasn't built up much after a week, but if it was me, I'd also factor in how much contact you're really likely to have at your party.

eta I've had no booster, same degree of contact & only have it mildly, another colleague seems to have escaped completely although is much younger so 2nd jab more recent
1639396008423.png

Just been modernated at a big vaccination centre. Very well organised, the queue to await vaccination was indoors on numbered seats next to a row of open windows. The post-vax 15 min waiting area was administered by a volunteer with a clipboard who noted everyone’s name and came back and told them exactly when they could leave.

The outdoor separate walk-in queue was massive though, thankful I managed to book an appointment.

I got a leaflet and a stamped card but no sticker.

My colleague at work came down with Covid just over a week after his booster - although he had prolonged exposure over a few days.

So based on that I'd say no, protection hasn't built up much after a week, but if it was me, I'd also factor in how much contact you're really likely to have at your party.

eta I've had no booster, same degree of contact & only have it mildly, another colleague seems to have escaped completely although is much younger so 2nd jab more recent
View attachment 300626
Cheers.

I've no idea who else is gonna be there tbh, don't know his other mates, and that alone was giving me ants in my pants.

The randomness of it makes me want to scream too. My brother got really ill with it, his son with barely a symptom, and his wife was absolutely fine :confused:
That complete lack of predictability is one of the biggest headfucks, for me.

sojourner - that apparent randomness does my head in, too.

When the damn plague got into my Sis-i-L's three generation household ...
case zero was the youngest sprog - no symptoms. sprog's father & my niece were quite bad and the other sprog wasn't too bad. As far as I Know Sis-i-L escaped, having been in receipt of early vaccinations & booster jag due to being a radiographer & having her own health issues.

IIRC correctly, there was some suggestion that there might be a genetic factor in susceptibility to both initial infection and subsequent severity eg the cykostine [sp?] storm that was killing so many in the first wave.

I had my booster last week in a Hindu Temple. Which made it more interesting.

As I walked in there were two women smoking right outside the entrance, I had to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter. As an ex-smoker this is a treat to me.

As I queued inside I heard them enter, and one of them said "Me and my sister are in our 80s". I was like 😲 fair play, they must be stronger than the virus itself lol. Risk averse enough to get booster, but smoking? Whatevs.

As for the 15 minute wait, it was quality time, no work hassles, no childcare considerations. Just a few moments to sit quietly and read a book. Bliss.

Cheers.

I've no idea who else is gonna be there tbh, don't know his other mates, and that alone was giving me ants in my pants.

The randomness of it makes me want to scream too. My brother got really ill with it, his son with barely a symptom, and his wife was absolutely fine :confused:
That complete lack of predictability is one of the biggest headfucks, for me.

Yeah, it's discombobulating. Earlier on last year a friend's older parents in their late 70s had it with barely any symptoms, while a fit-as-you-like person I knew who was 27 years old was in ICU at about the same time.

Back
Top Bottom