Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Wow this guy is not messing around. Partner Bindimans LLC:

worth quoting in full:

' Warning to UK Members of Parliament.We warned you that Israel was committing war crimes. We put you on notice that if you were complicit we would seek to prosecute you. It is probably too late for most British MPs as the ink of history on your potential complicity is almost dry and you already made your decision whether or not to support war crimes. We warned you that the ICC issuing arrest warrants for war crimes was real. So is complicity in those war crimes.It is time for each individual MP to make their position perfectly clear. If you remain complicit in war crimes by providing political cover or material support we will work to hold you personally accountable in accordance with the Rome Statute and the International Criminal Court Act right here in the UK. We pledged to make MPs accountable in court for their actions.Accountability has begun. We will add to it this week. Justice is coming….'

"these horrible inhuman animals who have done the worst atrocities that this century has seen."

Well that's two at least four outright lies in the one sentence.

Last edited:
I see that, predictably, there are some social media leftists outraged that Hamas is being targeted by ICC too. They truly believe that those resisting oppression can do no wrong. Morally bankrupt, but also strategically stupid, as any idiot could see the ICC wouldn't try to arrest Netanyahu without going after Hamas too.

This idea that the ICC is invalid because of moral equivalence is pernicious. That's like saying we can't issue an arrest warrant for a shoplifter because we arrest murderers and thus there is no equivalence there.

Never mind their showing their hand by, again, smearing their opponent as antisemitic.

Wow this guy is not messing around. Partner Bindimans LLC:

worth quoting in full:

' Warning to UK Members of Parliament.We warned you that Israel was committing war crimes. We put you on notice that if you were complicit we would seek to prosecute you. It is probably too late for most British MPs as the ink of history on your potential complicity is almost dry and you already made your decision whether or not to support war crimes. We warned you that the ICC issuing arrest warrants for war crimes was real. So is complicity in those war crimes.It is time for each individual MP to make their position perfectly clear. If you remain complicit in war crimes by providing political cover or material support we will work to hold you personally accountable in accordance with the Rome Statute and the International Criminal Court Act right here in the UK. We pledged to make MPs accountable in court for their actions.Accountability has begun. We will add to it this week. Justice is coming….'

Unhelpful implies that 'threatening' israel with the law further jeopardises the lives of civilians. Rather proves the ICC's case no?

The response of the 'liberal' and 'left' zionists to these arrest warrants was so predictable. You'd think they'd be happy that both Hamas leaders and the far right in Israel are being held accountable for the atrocities they prepetrated. But no, they are all outraged that the fascist maniac Netanyahu is being held to account, because... you know... zionist brainrot.

The warrants have to be issued first.

This is the full statement:

Starts with the charges against Hamas leadership, the charges against Israel are from around 4:50.

Also the stonefaces of the lawyers behind him are impressive.

I was watching excerpts from this on Al Jazeera last night.

At beginning he has long preamble saying if him or ICC officials get any more pressure put on them to stop these investigations he will take action against states that do.

So reading between the lines its been clear to people like Netanyahu that ICC was seriously looking at getting arrest warrants and pressure has been put on court.

Which to my suprise has not worked. I did think the ICC would string this out for months and not take action.

Also this press conference is not about actual warrants but about ICC seeking them,

I did think the ICC would not stick its head above the parapet in this way.

The head of ICC makes clear that ICC is part of international justice built on international agreements. That it works independently of states. But those who are signed up should uphold its findings.

USA and Israel are not signed up to the relevant international agreements.

Palestine is. So what happens in Gaza the ICC considers under its remit.

The Rules based Order versus international law developed over last century.

Be interesting to see if the western RBO eventually overcomes the more fragile politically international law that has taken decades to develop.

Appears Israel is appealing to the RBO as argument to weaken ICC

Here is example of difference between advocates of a western Rules Based Order and advocates for an international legal system to protect civilians.

Lord Cameron said a while back on the South Africa / ICJ case:

"But even if you take a different view to my view, to look at Israel, a democracy, a country with the rule of law, a country with armed forces that are committed to obeying the rule of law, to say that that country, that leadership, that armed forces, that they have intent to commit genocide, I think that is nonsense, I think that is wrong."

Basically what he is saying is the international law does not apply to Western style democracies.

Dana Erlich, the Israeli ambassador to Ireland is on the RTE news now, giving the usual party line - but she's already been driven to make noises consistent with a two-state solution, even while she's saying "what is this now, a three-state solution"? (or words to that effect).

Now she's saying she's been getting letters from Irish people saying that they support the Palestinian cause but that this is not the solution!

Simon Harris - "Hamas is not the Palestinian people". And he condemns Oct. 7. Recognises "Israel's right to exist", and demands return of the hostages: but he also describes the killing of children in Gaza as "unconscionable". Unapologetic about recognizing Palestine - "we recognize states and not governments."

Back
Top Bottom