Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grave robbing suspected in unregulated UK trade in human bones

JimW

支那暗杀团
Lots of Scottish cemeteries have a watchtower like this from when Burke and Hare were digging people up to sell for medical dissections

St-Cuthberts-church-in-Edinburg-701330.jpg
36387589e82e53d895c27d7749bf560d--edinburgh-scotland.jpgDalkeith_town_cemetery_watchtower.jpeg

Maybe we should be manning them again. Actually there's been some weird gravestone thefts going on around here recently too:

"To some these are awesome, to others, they ask why. But why not? Why should we not use what's available to us when no one else is using it, why should we let worms, bugs and micro organisms feast on this perfectly good flesh when it can be used to create appreciated objects."

ER. no. Just no.

Story here: Desecrated human skulls are being sold on social media in UK's unregulated bone trade
As one of the people interviewed says, seems odd we ban the desecration of monuments but not human remains. Think I tend towards the ban this sick filth side here.
i'm pretty sure it is already an offence to rob a grave.

Once and only thing I stole from a grave was a few decorative green glass chips, when on a school trip circa 11 YO. We thought they were worth something, maybe were emralds. :rolleyes:

I nicked some of those frosty green stones too. I took them home and showed my mum who knew instantly what they were and promptly marched me to the churchyard by the ear to put them back. I also got a lecture about "robbing graves". When I got older and found out what actual grave robbing was and realised that's not what I'd done, I was pretty miffed!

If my bones (and any other bits) were to pay for a care home in my late life, I'm all for selling them to the highest bidder. They can do whatever the fuck they want with them, for all I'd care.

reminded me of this from a few years back:

sample quote:
“Over the course of the internship, I stripped subcutaneous fat from the vertebrae of a cervical spine, practiced performing cricothyrotomies (incisions to the throat), sutured dismembered legs using an oversized needle and twine, and decapitated an elderly woman with what looked and sounded like a chainsaw from Home Depot,” Glynn wrote in her thesis. “Not once did I receive formal training or instruction.”

reminded me of this from a few years back:

sample quote:
“Over the course of the internship, I stripped subcutaneous fat from the vertebrae of a cervical spine, practiced performing cricothyrotomies (incisions to the throat), sutured dismembered legs using an oversized needle and twine, and decapitated an elderly woman with what looked and sounded like a chainsaw from Home Depot,” Glynn wrote in her thesis. “Not once did I receive formal training or instruction.”
Well that's uplifting 🙃

There, agents discovered 10 tons of frozen human remains – 1,755 total body parts that included 281 heads, 241 shoulders, 337 legs and 97 spines.

They would of made a fortune on facebook and ebay

The origins of the modern chainsaw are debated. The first chainsaw was designed by German orthopaedist Bernhard Heine in 1830. He called it the osteotome, from the Greek osteo (bone) and tome or tomi (cut); literally, the bonecutter. This chainsaw, as well as many that followed, were used for medical purposes.

Back
Top Bottom