Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
nosos said:
Are waterproof pants that worthwhile? I'll have shorts and good quality trackys with me that I'm usually fine with. Completely waterproof trousers do sound tempting though...
they look a bit gimpish imo...

aqua said:
they might sound tempting but the ones that go over your trousers can make you sweat loads (even if they are breathable) and the ones you wear instead of, well what happens if it stops raining for a bit and the sun comes out? :)

I don't have any, bees doesn't have any

I appreciate your experience is different, but I don't have those problems with my Goretex trousers, in fact I am SO not leaving without them!

My new swiss army knife just arrived :D :D :D

I lost the old one at strawberry fair.

But this one is newer and bigger and better. It's got a pin! and a pen! And a wrench!

*plays with new toy*

William of Walworth said:
Where can you get them from?

Have you any spare?? (This offer guarentees you MORE FREE BEER!)

Um, well, I haven't actually picked one up yet. :oops:

I'm assuming they hang about in supermarkets. I'll go through one tonight on the way home, and if I see them I'll get spares.

More free beer? What was the first free beer for? Hope it's not something I've forgotten I should have done/got. :oops:

Latest updates :

GlastoFestivalForecast site, updated 7:20 this morning.

Somewhat -- but onky somewhat!! -- reassuring article in today's Guardian about Music without mud : Festival's bold pledge

Michael Eavis said:
"I think it's just possibly a few spots of very light rain. There's no heavy rain at all."

Mr Optimistic! :rolleyes:

Guardian got a year wrong in that article btw, at the bottom.

There was no festival, and no fencejumpers, in 2001 ... ;)

I never buy you beer ;) but I just might later this week :D

Stig said:
More free beer? What was the first free beer for? Hope it's not something I've forgotten I should have done/got. :oops:

I'm going to look out for lids too, but if I fail, and if you bring a spare, you'll get at least one ;) free pint above what I'll buy yoiu anyway ... :p

What locations are on high ground on the map? Ive been told that there is a hill north of the main stage that doesnt get water logged? Can't say I'm keen on being near the main stage though, there is only a few people I want to see on it.

Macabre said:
What locations are on high ground on the map? Ive been told that there is a hill north of the main stage that doesnt get water logged? Can't say I'm keen on being near the main stage though, there is only a few people I want to see on it.
The dragon field, site of "camp urban" is pretty high, and certainly didn't get bad/flooded last time...

Shit the weather looks bad.

The west country weather has been clammy and thick for about three weeks now, as if a storm is always about to happen. But there's sunny patches and it's warm, I've been getting away with no coat at night time. Don't know if that offers any hope to anyone!!

My vote is for bare legs, fat socks and wellies. Maybe us and the waterproof trouser school of thought could do an endurance test to see who is the best.

Right off to by fat socks and extra back up Handy Andys.

One more sleeps!!!!
:) :) :)

beesonthewhatnow said:
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of packing mine :oops:

Might have to be added to the bag...
thats cos yours are so old and knackered they stink to high heaven and the chances of them being waterproof is now quite limited

unless of course water has a sense of smell then it won't come anywhere near you :p

Macabre said:
The site is basically a valley, so the north and south edges are the highest points.
galstomapheight.JPG

aqua said:
thats cos yours are so old and knackered they stink to high heaven and the chances of them being waterproof is now quite limited

unless of course water has a sense of smell then it won't come anywhere near you :p
:(

I'm definately bringing them now :p

cakes, i hope to meet you this time around. but i have to point out that crispy made one of them weeks ago... and that particular one has been posted weeks ago too!

Mr Smin said:
Nice quote in that article about how there are no hills left in somerset cos they've put down so much hardcore (stone not music) - puts the ecological message to bed i reckon.

i know, they've actually ground the tor and the tower into powder which they've used to provide a solid base for the she-pees. how can we live with ourselves :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom