Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skim said:
Norwegian proverb:

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing."

Almost as rubbish as that fucking hippy pile of bollocks 'there's no rain, only liquid sunshine' ... :mad: :rolleyes:

Which reminds me I have to go and buy a poncho from that rude bloke in Walworth this afternoon :eek:

I'll be getting some more Nikwax from him ... but probably earlier.

aqua said:
by kicking a shoe last night walking to the kitchen :oops:

what an idiot :oops:

Should have replied to this before ...

Hope it's not a break and that you get better ... :(

But even if it is, you'll just have to call on the shoulders of strong young** men to help support you as you stumble about through the mud ...

**That's me exempted then. Phew!! :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My man (woman rather) with the dogs could only get me a quarter :( :( :(

WTF DO I DO?!?!?! :mad:

I got my tickets by Royal Mail Special Delivery on Friday. I just got a text message saying that
SMS plan delivery of tickets ref 57xxxxxx on 19/06/2007 between 8am-6pm. Signature required If inconvenient please contact www.securemail.co.uk

I'm intrigued as to what tickets they're delivering.....

I got a most excellent oversized pint tankard at the weekend. :D

No stumbling round spilling a squashy plastic pint for me. :cool:

[/fucking hippie]

I don't mind if it's raining when I put my tent up, it's not just an outside-goes-up-first, it's an all-in-one, just put the poles in et voila! jobbie. Nice.

Lazy Llama said:
I got my tickets by Royal Mail Special Delivery on Friday. I just got a text message saying that

I'm intrigued as to what tickets they're delivering.....

it's probably editors's press passes!

bluestreak said:
it's probably editors's press passes!
They've told me that they're sending the replacements by recorded delivery today and they should be here tomorrow morning.

*Prays to the great god of the Post Office.

I'm keeping an eye on ebay to see if my original tickets show up although the buyer will be fucked if they try and use them.

editor said:
They've told me that they're sending the replacements by recorded delivery today and they should be here tomorrow morning.

*Prays to the great god of the Post Office.

I'm keeping an eye on ebay to see if my original tickets show up although the buyer will be fucked if they try and use them.
Fingers crossed they actually turn up then!

Stig said:
I got a most excellent oversized pint tankard at the weekend. :D

Grow yerself a beard, wear white socks with jesus sandles and you'll have just about made to the self actualised into the upper class real ale society.

:D :p :D

I'm taking an umbrella. I didn't pack 4 lots of fancy dress just to cover them with a poncho all weekend! :D

Have a great time, everyone. :)

It's a pity it's such a big deal getting a ticket these days - I'd love to be getting ready to go now.

Have a good un. :)

DrRingDing said:
Grow yerself a beard, wear white socks with jesus sandles and you'll have just about made to the self actualised into the upper class real ale society.

:D :p :D

so good you posted it three times. :cool:

I don't have a beard, but I know a man who does. Unfortunately though, It's not an ale beard, it's an evil wizard beard. :D

I'm not botheting with an umberella.

Waterproof coat, leather trousers so I can sit straight down in a puddle no bother, a tarp to create a small shelter for rich! and I to walk around under, and the last minite stroke of genius: one of those plastic pet food can lids, to cover the pint so it doesn't get diluted. :cool:

Are waterproof pants that worthwhile? I'll have shorts and good quality trackys with me that I'm usually fine with. Completely waterproof trousers do sound tempting though...

they might sound tempting but the ones that go over your trousers can make you sweat loads (even if they are breathable) and the ones you wear instead of, well what happens if it stops raining for a bit and the sun comes out? :)

I don't have any, bees doesn't have any

aqua said:
they might sound tempting but the ones that go over your trousers can make you sweat loads (even if they are breathable) and the ones you wear instead of, well what happens if it stops raining for a bit and the sun comes out? :)
You either get stupdily unpleasantly hot or fuck around taking the off only for the rain to inevitably start again the moment you're sorted? I bitch and moan about humidity enough anyway so these are probably not for me.

nosos said:
Are waterproof pants that worthwhile? I'll have shorts and good quality trackys with me that I'm usually fine with. Completely waterproof trousers do sound tempting though...

shorts sound good.

Nothing more waterproof and easier to dry than skin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom