Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got wellies a kagoul and a poncho. Not taking waterproof trousers, I've got a couple of old pairs of combats which will dry fine over night and can be chucked away on the monday.

Got to get my folding bucket/washbowl tomorrow and another memory card for the camera. i bought a spare battery for my phone yesterday as although chill and charge is good I don't want to be in there every day and my phone does drain the battery. It's an mp3 player too so will be handy for my lonely coach trip down.

I want to pack now but if I do I will be twiddling my thumbs til wednesday morning so I am trying to pace myself. Problem is the more I sit around thinking the more stuff is being added to my mental list of what to take.:rolleyes:

3 sleeps.:D

I have clothes, I have beer money, I have nice boots

and a waterproof coat

and a poncho (somewhere!)

wiskey said:
i have pink wafer biscuits!
Good stuff :)

got a couple of those folding stools today. I get the feeling my bum won't be able to touch the ground all festival.

with an offer like that as soon as you get here :p :D

errr dunno tbh, late probably :rolleyes: I have 2 horrid days at work, not to mention the 2 cakes I have to make and decorate

:rolleyes: :mad:

I will be baking biscotti, custard cream hearts, chocolate orange cake and granola muffins on tuesday:) (as long as I don't start on my glasto supplies (then I will probably just stare at the web cam all day in a drunken, stoned haze.)

I'm taking waterproof trousers – there's nothing worse than having to wear jeans that stick to your legs and take ages to dry.

And then it had better get sunny so I can wear a dress :mad:

tastebud said:
i am thinking that skirts & shorts are probably the way to go. i still need to get so much stuff:
a rucksack
more booze
god knows what else.... *brain hurts*
*starting to get stressed*...

i have a waterproof coat & wellies, does anyone know just how bad the rain is actually going to be? fuck it, i'll just assume it'll be just as bad as the mud at every other glasto that i've been to! :)

edit: bollocks, the weather sounds pretty fucking bad :D

Don't worry about it too much, cant change it, only really looking there to see if it was going to be nice. Its can change in an instant. It been wrong constantly for a while now.

Just spent the weekend at the leamington spa peace festival. Like a small, shit version of glastonbury with substandard hippys and awful music. Has left me in the mood for glasto by contrast :cool:

sparklefish said:
Says you who told MsShirl to wear flip flops!

Yup, they're better than wellies. If water or mud goes over the top of you're wellies they are never going to dry out, where as if with flipflops all you need to do is a keep a warm pair of wooly socks in your sleeping bag for when you get back to your tent. Although it does hurt like hel pulling the mud off your legs :)

firky said:
Yup, they're better than wellies. If water or mud goes over the top of you're wellies they are never going to dry out, where as if with flipflops all you need to do is a keep a warm pair of wooly socks in your sleeping bag for when you get back to your tent. Although it does hurt like hel pulling the mud off your legs :)

But your feet would be freezing. Mine were cold with wellies and 2 pairs of socks on.

flip flops suck! i was in excrutiating pain in 2005, my feet were bleeding like hell and got horribly infected.

i splashed out on sandals last week, but good sandals, sandals that one could hike in.

but i anticipate it'll be wellies all weekend.

I've never had wellies. Is there any major advantage over boots? At least you can just about jump around in boots whereas I imagine that's somewhat uncomfortable in wellies.

aqua said:
flip flops and using the long drops :eek: I don't think so

Ewwww, I hadn't even thought that far. It is a total arse though if you need a wee in the middle of the night and you're faffing around trying to get your fecking boots on.:rolleyes:

sparklefish said:
Ewwww, I hadn't even thought that far. It is a total arse though if you need a wee in the middle of the night and you're faffing around trying to get your fecking boots on.:rolleyes:

Two words: Conditioner Bottle. ;)

para boots are fab for this, if you don't lace them up they're like slippers :) perfect for nighttime loo runs

being sensible near long drops firky love isn't a sign of being a southener thank you very much :mad: :p it merely means I looked one wet year at the floor and saw all the maggots :eek: never ever will I wear flip flops :eek:

Three words : Rear tent porch.

I now have a new sleeping bag, having some how lost my old one. God these new fangled sleeping bags are fucking amazing.

Sleeping bag tip for the claustrophobic, sleep with your arms crossed hands holding opposite shoulders, like a mummy.

mummy sleeping bags are for weirdoes only I'm afraid :p have to be able to move :D

I think I have everything, not so sure I can fit it all in my bag :eek:

where the hell are people putting cocktail glasses and sodding biscuits? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom