Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
aqua said:
being sensible near long drops firky love isn't a sign of being a southener thank you very much :mad: :p it merely means I looked one wet year at the floor and saw all the maggots :eek: never ever will I wear flip flops

crustychick wears flipflops, she's Scottish see? Hard as nails, like me. A few maggots didn't let us stop caving in the romans heads :)

I have never seen maggots in a toilet, but I have seen a maggot pointed at a toilet - a daily occurence :(

Don't know if this is of much use to people but here is what is in my rucksack:

Sleeping bag
Flipflops
Docs
2X Hoodie
3X Tshirts
2X Trousers
1X Shorts
5X Socks
1X Goretex jacket
1X Goretex leggings
1X LED Torch
2X Lighters
1X Pack of Garden Candles
1X Pack of femine wipes (If it can cut through fanny batter it can cut through nob cheese)
1X Little bottle of anti-bacterial hand gel
3X Rizla silvers
2X 50g of packs Drum
1X 1oz of skunk (between two of us)
1X Plastic cuttlery set
1X Smaller rucksack
1X After sun lotion
1X Tub of vaseline
1X Roll of duck tape
1X Tent / wendy house
1X Airbed
1X Honey dusty grinder
1X Wooly hat
1X Baseball cap

All stuffed into a blackbin liner bag inside my ruck sack (double the waterproof!) weighing 4 and a half stone and I am only 10 stone :D

Still have to get some munch (just light snacks, like) and boxes of wine and vodka but I am going shopping with tp and her mum on Tuesday to get all that :)

Today i bought myself a big spotted poncho and a camelbak thingy. I got the tent out, waterproofed it and washed the disgusting inner bits (dunno what my son and his mates have been doing in there but it was pretty nasty). Bought a new set of tent pegs and some fluorescent guy ropes.

I'M SERIOUSLY EXCITED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

i'm trying to enthuse myself to pack the heap into the bag so that i dont have to rush in the morning.

i'm failing

Having serious problems working out the issues with parking.

We've got a sticker, but not a 'pass' :confused:

From what I can tell this has happened to a lot of people but there's confusion as to whether that means we'll be able to park as normal or we'll have to buy another parking pass at the gates (which Infoman is insisting will be available).

Never driven before so curious as to how this will all pan out. Looks like the blue route off the A361 is the one to head for.

Where are other people camping at Camp Urban parking?

you dont get any option in where you park, you follow either red or blue route and get filed in the first available space.

I'll be waiting by the door tomorrow morning for the tickets, but I've just about given up hope on them if they were supposedly mailed on the 6th.

So I figure I'll spend the rest of tomorrow on the phone.

wiskey said:
you dont get any option in where you park, you follow either red or blue route and get filed in the first available space.
Sorry, I get that, just meant which route are people heading to.

Like I said, it looks like the blue route is best, but some talk seems to suggest it's only for campervans, though on the map it does appear to have one blue route for campervans and a separate one for cars.

Will we be able to get to pedestrian gate C from a blue route car park, or will we be funnelled to B? Just looks like C is closer to the Dragon field.

editor said:
I'll be waiting by the door tomorrow morning for the tickets, but I've just about given up hope on them if they were supposedly mailed on the 6th.

oh :( good luck - i wanna see you there!

Simply cannot understand the obsession with wellies. They're bloody awful for walking any distance in. Buy some proper fucking boots ffs :rolleyes:

Don't give a toss about the weather. I'm going to have fun taking drugs with my mates in a field listening to music and I shan't be stuck in the office. The weather is incidental to all of this.

editor said:

You'll probably have to pick them up from Shipton Mallet (?) on the day the Wednesday. Moose said there's a free shuttle bus, so I would expect a long delay... but they may still arrive.

What time do the gates open again, 10? We're getting there for about 8am :eek:

JTG said:
Don't give a toss about the weather. I'm going to have fun taking drugs with my mates in a field listening to music and I shan't be stuck in the office. The weather is incidental to all of this.

Anything being placed up one's bum?

Lord Camomile said:
Gates open at 8am, which is when we're aiming for (leaving at 3.30am :( :D).

Crikey! We're leaving at 5am from London. Never driven there before, always got the train, bus, hitched, jumped fence :)

So we're leaving at 8am tomorrow. Things I still need to achieve:

Pack
Buy booze
Climb the ladder of doom to dig wellies out of the high cupboard in the bedroom
Do the washing
Check that our neighbour is going to feed the cat

Fuck :( :mad:

Another glass of wine it is then :D :D

Im going back to bed cos I think I have given myself alcohol poisioning. I looked in the mirror and I am fuckin yellow :D

shaking like a leaf adn feel like shite too, so...

we're leaving some point mid afternoon tomorrow but it's only an hours drive.

things i still need to do:

eat toast
pack
last minute check
leave

somehow that seems very easy on paper.

I have to make sure I can get everything in my bag still but I've got everything ready for work for the next 2 days which rocks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom