Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
beesonthewhatnow said:
I guess for some poor sods this will be the only option :(

There are property lockups near the bus station, so you could leave your stuff there on the sunday evening.

My main annoyance with the coach situation was missing out on a lot of the last night

Fucking ridiculous.

The year when Bowie played, I "Lost my mates and danced alone" and ended up striking camp, pitching my tent again at the back of the pyramid arena, layed in it to watch bowie, then stuck it again and fucked off. Worked outquite well actually.

But not this year, oh no.

The TOS has loads of threads slating the coach tickets. What I find really annoying is a) they give you the ticket on the coach and b) they tell you when to get the coach. Im scheduled to get the coach home at 2am on Sunday. Fuck that! In fact I am going to get coach to glastonbury,set up tent, leave festival get car. Which is ridiculous... But I can't be arsed with paying twice for a bus, or getting a train. Luckily I'm travelling from Bristol not Glasgow. What's even more annoying is that if I were to miss the coach to the festival my ticket would no longer be valid :eek:

William of Walworth said:
Don't forget gates open at 8 am this year! :eek:

they do? :eek:

That had passed me by completely...

I'm not quite making an effort here am I?

(although I have printed out and laminated Crispy's excellent lineup cheat thing :D )

To be fair to them it was never going to be easy getting a minimum of 25000 people travelling by coach outside of peak arrival times, making sure that they actually went on the coach so that GFL didn't breach the licence AND keeping everyone happy, especially as it's the first time they've tried it.

A lot of the people on TOS have just been whining & expecting the festival to fit itself around them, but GFL's "you're arriving before the bands start & leaving after they finish, what's the problem?" line isn't helping the mood much.

If anything the early am leaving times might be preferable to the 4-7am ones - at least if you're off site by 1am & presumably home before most people have even realised they've got a hangover, and you haven't gone to bed, had not enough sleep and then had to be up at obscene o'clock to get your shit together & go.

Superape said:
If anything the early am leaving times might be preferable to the 4-7am ones - at least if you're off site by 1am & presumably home before most people have even realised they've got a hangover, and you haven't gone to bed, had not enough sleep and then had to be up at obscene o'clock to get your shit together & go.

but most of the best times i've ever had at glastonbury have been in the early hours of Monday morning when it gets REALLY mental

Dubversion said:
but most of the best times i've ever had at glastonbury have been in the early hours of Monday morning when it gets REALLY mental

innit!

Did people know of the return times when they booked their tickets? I would be well pissed off if I had to leave then... although, tbh, I'm not one of these people who cant wait to get home and have a bath, far from it :D We usually leave on Tuesday, when I'm in a fit state to drive, and there are no queues. As long as I get back before the pubs close I'm happy :cool:

Yeh, we're planning on hanging around till lateish on the Monday night and then driving back. Means Pie Face can have fun Sunday night / Monday morning without worrying about having to be driving-ready first thing, we miss all the traffic and Monday's are usually really nice and chilled... and they keep the Guiness in the Dance backstage bar running :)

Don't forget gates open at 8 am this year! :eek:

oh ffs. that means if I get the first shift I don't have a couple of hours' worth of standing around enjoying the sunshine before people start turning up and bothering me :mad:

This is particularly bad as I shall be recovering from the Tuesday night stewards party

bingiman said:
The Tweenie Van has some room.....

It wouldn't feel right driving the beast down just for a good night's sleep :)

Especially as I got the golden ticket via a phone number from this thread ;)

So there are places up for grab for anyone wanting a lift down

I am not charging...but if she breaks down, you are on your own.

Leaving Tooting 10am on Friday.

I can't take you on site. But I can get you close.

PM me if you are interested

Oh well didn't get any takers....but if anyone is interested thre are still places in the van.

I am right about this 8 am Wednesday gate opening thing, surely?

A lot of very clued up people are reacting as if it's a shock.

Moose, Tort, others .. please (re)confirm .... :eek:

(I'm pretty damned sure I am right here though, I do remember reacting with shock and surprise, shared by quite a few others, when the 8 am thing was first posted about 17 pages back :confused: )

:)

no, you're totally wrong. It's actually 5pm, so just spend the day chilling out nearby, climb the Tor or summat

I am right about this 8 am Wednesday gate opening thing, surely?

A lot of very clued up people are reacting as if it's a shock.

Moose, Tort, others .. please (re)confirm .... :eek:

(I'm pretty damned sure I am right here though, I do remember reacting with shock and surprise, shared by quite a few others, when the 8 am thing was first posted about 17 pages back :confused: )

:)

I think you're wrong. Not that it matters to me but my friends always get there as it opens, and they don't know about the 8am thing!

Tickets arrived at the family home today - me mam called to let me know :)

Now just have to work out how to get them down here safely :eek: :confused:

On the opening time, I'm pretty sure I remember noticing it was to be earlier this year, but was thinking 9am.

Will investigate...

From TOS FRONT PAGE:
Gates open at 8.00am on Wednesday 20th, with camping fields, markets and performance fields accessible at that time. Smaller venues open on Thursday 21st, and the main stages kick off on Friday morning, finally closing midnight on Sunday 24th. Once gates open on Wednesday, they remain open 24 hours a day until the site closes to the public at 5.00pm on Monday 25th.
C'mon people... :rolleyes: :p ;)

bollox, less time to slack off if I'm on first shift then :(

we're being encouraged to wear fancy dress on our first shift with a theme of climate change. What should I be?

JTG said:
bollox, less time to slack off if I'm on first shift then :(

we're being encouraged to wear fancy dress on our first shift with a theme of climate change. What should I be?

I don't even understand how you would do that.
Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom