Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
pennimania said:
Wish mine had - starting to worry a tiny bit:(
No sign of ours yet, but the worry about your tickets arriving is as much a part of the ritual as the Shift-F5 marathons to buy the bloody things, isn't it? :D

Magic Sam, Madamv and Mr Madamv's tickets have arrived just got to wait for my coach ticket now.

Their photo's could be anyone!

pennimania said:
Wish mine had - starting to worry a tiny bit:(

You'll be fine... I bet it will arrive soon :)

Has anyone ever arrived on site in the dead of night before, ie like 2 in the morning? Originally I was planning on leaving Devon at the crack of dawn on Thursday, but I'm so goddam impatient that now I'm thinking about leaving 11pm on Wednesday night, arriving on site two to three hours later.

I'll be travelling alone... I'm guessing I'll be reasonably safe getting from the car park to the gates, right? I can look after myself, I just wondered how safe it is. I remember reading about people getting mugged for their tickets a few years ago, but perhaps the security has improved since then.

Skim said:
Has anyone ever arrived on site in the dead of night before, ie like 2 in the morning?
Well it will only be you and 22 000 coach ticket holders...

But I have back in 2000 and it was such a different festival that my experiance would not be much use to you.

Things have certainly changed since 2000. I remember that year being incredibly crowded and chaotic, more so than other times I've been...

Skim said:
I'm guessing I'll be reasonably safe getting from the car park to the gates, right?.

The glasto website says that the car parks are stewarded at night to make sure no-one sleeps there so it should be. Take a ball of string though, so you can find your car again on the way home.

citydreams said:
Take a ball of string though, so you can find your car again on the way home.

I'd need a very big ball of string though.

pbowmanb.jpg

beesonthewhatnow said:
No sign of ours yet, but the worry about your tickets arriving is as much a part of the ritual as the Shift-F5 marathons to buy the bloody things, isn't it? :D

Tis true, tis true :D

but i keep imaging a nightmare scenario that they don't get here until after tuesday 19th, which is the latest we have to leave to get there for Wednesday pm.

Do not want to arrive later than that, reckon it will be rammed even then :D

You'll get them in the next day or two penni. They must surely dispatch them all over a few consecutive days.

.............. and breathe ........................

I think Lost Vagueness has had its day but the Flaming Love Palace sounds interesting

Apocalyptic biker bar featuring white-hot music acts and punk-rock performance. Open 8 'till late! Hosted by apocalyptic pin-up Ruby Blues and her ass-kicking troupe of bounty-hunting belles CanBootyCan! Eyes to the bar when the klaxon sounds for the in-house Pole-Dancing Ballerinas en pointe!

& how about The Black Poppy
A stunning Pagoda-style opium bordello with weird and wonderful performance, music and poetry, hosted by the inimitable Dusty Limits from the lofty heights of his gilded Cock Throne

:eek:

Self-satisfied tossers in old suits, and shrieking birds in their pants, then, as per usual? :D :p

The cheatsheet's excellent :cool:

But my head hurts now. Must see... no, this is Glastonbury, have every intention of seeing:

Bjork
Gus Gus
MIA
Surgeon
A Guy Called Gerald
!!!
The Nextmen
Sancho Panza
Patrick Wolf
Lethal Bizzle
Vexd
Noisa
Shitmat
Scotch Egg Band
Bong Ra
Iration Steppas
Mad Professor
Die & Clipz
Bonde de Role
Yoda
Iggy and the Stooges

:cool:

david dissadent said:
Where to camp?

davoglasto.jpg

Leaning towards A at the minute just for the stumble back from the stone circle at 7 in the morning

Almost exactly where A is we camped last time. Great spot, shame about the fire wood supply.

david dissadent said:
Where to camp?

davoglasto.jpg

Leaning towards A at the minute just for the stumble back from the stone circle at 7 in the morning

A and B look good, wouldn't want to be in C though. Too close to the dance tents, it's never looked an appealling place to camp.

Skim said:
A and B look good, wouldn't want to be in C though. Too close to the dance tents, it's never looked an appealling place to camp.

Pennards Hill. Low hippie quoitent, nice stroll to the main stages, far away from the noise of the dance stage.

:)

Skim said:
hell no. that place is a wasteland by sunday. wrecked tents, litter everywhere. yuck.

A on that map is roughly where "The Park" is going to be - it'll be interesting to see how that works out - how it'll change the atmosphere in Pennard's.

I've never camped north of the railway line :)
Whereabouts has a 'high' hippy quotient then?

Skim said:

Yea it's dreary place to camp with all and sundry trapsing by.

It all gets taken so quickly these days. I'm half considering strapping a bundle of logs to my backpack

High hippy quotient... anywhere north of the railway line I guess. You can smell the patchouli in the air.

Skim said:
High hippy quotient... anywhere north of the railway line I guess. You can smell the patchouli in the air.

The area between the stone circle and Lost Vagueness.. 'its where you get the hardcore hippie pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom