Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
William of Walworth said:
Oh, that's a shame ... some sorts of proper ales/beers (and actual proper lagers) can be so much nicer ... seriously :(

as i already said, i drink other lagers when they're available. As for some ales being nicer - nope. They're rank

Dubversion said:
I drank real ale for years, and knew my stuff. Then i went right off it.

I don't drink Stella if there's a superior lager available, but I'd always drink Stella ahead of real ale, and it has fuck all to do with oblivion, thanks

How odd, took me ages to like ale and that came from working in an ale pub. Lager is ok, but bland at the best of times. When I drink it I am always of the opinion that its a vehicle for getting pissed rather than enjoying it taste. That includes just about every lager I've ever tried.

Prefer cider anyway.

i moved from drinking Newcastle Brown and Guiness to real ales, for about 8-10 years. Even went to beer festivals. Eventually got pigsick of them, can't abide them now. I like drinks to be refreshing, ales just aren't...

madamv said:
I shall definately take my martini mix - noilly, gin and vodka. Sparklefish has tequila too. I shall also take some fruit juice and archers and all together that makes for a great many cocktail combos :D

I like to cut up enough fruit to fill about 1/4 of a 2 litre bottle. Next comes the vodka, then the OJ and a liberal splash of rum.

How many stalls will catch on to Liquid Cocaine I wonder :D

I'll drink whatever's going :oops:

I'm planning to take gin, vodka, triple sec and white rum plus fruitjuices and my cocktail shaker and plastic cocktail glasses.
I do hope that standards aren't going to fall :cool: :D

Definately not MsShirl. I have martini glasses to go with my margherita glasses now so they shall be making their debut.

Need an updated picture for my myspace :D

madamv said:
Definately not MsShirl. I have martini glasses to go with my margherita glasses now so they shall be making their debut.

I'm getting very excited now :D :D

I've got the drinks sorted, now it's just everything else including a tent that I need to sort :oops: :D

I stick to the cheap lagers like fosters and carling. Find the gas in them helps slow down my drinking and stops me over doing it.

Bit weird really, but I eat and drink way too fast and with stella or vodka it can all go a wee bit Pete Tong.

beer weighs too much! few 2 litre coke bottles of vodka and a couple of lime cordial will see me right... then a bottle of port of course for saturday night... mmmm.... dark.

fucks sake, some of you are taking cocktail glasses? :eek:

you're weird

bottle of vodka in a coke bottle, thats the most effort I'm prepared to go to :oops:

and moose - ifi could drink rum I'd agree with you but it makes me feel sick :(

aqua said:
fucks sake, some of you are taking cocktail glasses?

you're weird

bottle of vodka in a coke bottle, thats the most effort I'm prepared to go to :oops:

and moose - ifi could drink rum I'd agree with you but it makes me feel sick :(

I bet you won't be slagging cocktail glasses when I'm fixing you a pina colada :p

As for rum, it only took moose two minutes to make me realise that rum no longer makes me feel sick :D I'm now a rum convert :cool:

There seems to be a lot more actually listed on a Thursday this year. Hybrid is playing which is a big act. I wonder how much this signals a shift to a 4 day festival?

Dubversion said:
Seasick Steve is great. An old grizzled american itinerarent ex-con blues artist who ended up running a studio producing lots of Sub Pop bands before moving to Sweden. Now makes really basic, brilliant blues on a two-string guitar. real character, well worth seeing

Nice pick. He is great.

On in the day, its nice to have some focus during the day, generally all a bit blurry.

madamv said:

How exciting!:cool:

I have vodka and tequila for cocktails and sambuca for shots.
I have shot glasses too.
Now I'm not working I can actually look at the line-up and get properly excited because before I couldn't plan anything as I didn't know my shifts.

16 sleeps.:D :D

Sunray said:
There seems to be a lot more actually listed on a Thursday this year. Hybrid is playing which is a big act. I wonder how much this signals a shift to a 4 day festival?

Those Thursday night performances in some of the smaller tents are properly licensed now I think. In previous years, on previous licenses, anything you saw on Thursday wasn't strictly legal ...

So, aside from -

Cocktail glasses
Martini glasses > including 'spare' for aqua ;)
Booze
Wet wipes
Make up
Clean clothes/undies
PJs
Toiletries
Camera/phone
Bin liner for showers/sitting on
Pacamac

What personal stuff do I need? There's always something I regret not bringing :rolleyes:

Crispy said:
pre-roll your spliffs, I cannot recommend this enough.

God yes. I do it in the morning and carry them in a glasses case. So easy, and peasy to puff all day long :oops:

beesonthewhatnow said:
My must have kit list is:

Tent
Sleeping bag
Wet wipes
Para boots
Booze
Drugs
Lighter
Credit Card

:)

errrrr clothes? shower in a can?

let me put it another way, I'm not sharing a tent with you if your not taking clean clothes :p

madamv said:
God yes. I do it in the morning and carry them in a glasses case. So easy, and peasy to puff all day long :oops:
We're gonna do it next weekend. Productio nline style, maybe even roach-colour-coded for strength :)

madamv said:
Bin liner for showers/sitting on
Pacamac

What personal stuff do I need? There's always something I regret not bringing :rolleyes:

I'm a boy. How do you have a shower with a binliner? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom