Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I can go into the Silent Disco just to watch for a few minutes. I wonder if some people who are really off their heads go in there and dance silently to music only they can hear without realising that you're supposed to put headphones on?

My whiz-away arrived today, and I have to say, it is better than the she-pee, though I'm not sure I'll be able to use it without undressing a bit.

firky said:
My mate used to DJ at the Ministry of Sound, he was my flatmates' brother, and she'd get him to put us on the guest list.

I prefer the Miniscule of Sound myself, more exclusive and better door policy.

beesonthewhatnow said:
Yeah, coz they are really hard to find on site :D

I think you'll find them a lot harder to find this year as it's the first Glasto since the ban on fresh mushies and kits kicked in. At the Glade last year EVERYONE was aking me if I had any mushies.

pagan said:
I think you'll find them a lot harder to find this year as it's the first Glasto since the ban on fresh mushies and kits kicked in. At the Glade last year EVERYONE was aking me if I had any mushies.
I'll wager that it won't be that difficult ;)

pagan said:
I prefer the Miniscule of Sound myself, more exclusive and better door policy.

really, i always found the company really depressing. pretentious, obnoxious, and smelling of old cabbage :(

pagan said:
and did you? :D:p

A small number of returned tickets will be put on sale online on Sunday
June 3rd starting at 9am.

The sale will be open to anyone with a valid registration number. Your
registration number is

Both standard weekend tickets for the Festival and cancelled coach and
ticket packages will be on sale.

The coach ticket packages involve travel on Wednesday, so check out
that you can travel then. If you buy the combined package, Festival
tickets will only be issued during the coach journey.

The link for the sale will be http://www.seetickets.com/g2007 and will
not be available until Sunday 3rd at 9.00am.

Cheffy has confirmed this as legit!

beesonthewhatnow said:
Has anyone got a link to the map for this year yet?

flood_aerial.jpg

Tort said:
A small number of returned tickets will be put on sale online on Sunday
June 3rd starting at 9am.

The sale will be open to anyone with a valid registration number. Your
registration number is

Both standard weekend tickets for the Festival and cancelled coach and
ticket packages will be on sale.

The coach ticket packages involve travel on Wednesday, so check out
that you can travel then. If you buy the combined package, Festival
tickets will only be issued during the coach journey.

The link for the sale will be http://www.seetickets.com/g2007 and will
not be available until Sunday 3rd at 9.00am.

Anybody else having another early morning on the crapper on Sunday?

Yesterday's update to the BBC 4 week forecast

Neither disastrous, nor a dead cert heatwave either ...

BBC said:
Monday 4th to Sunday 10th June 2007

“Warming up, especially in the west”

The Azores high begins to weakly build, bringing more settled and much warmer conditions to the southwest in particular.

A weak northwesterly flow over much of Britain will continue to feed in showers to northwestern areas, although eastern parts could see more persistent rain at times.

On the whole perhaps a fair amount of rain for some, but also becoming rather warm, especially in the southwest where it's likely to remain driest and sunniest.

Monday 11th to Sunday 24th June 2007

“Temperatures back to the seasonal norm”

The Azores High will strengthen but showers will still feed in from the north Atlantic for many areas. Once again, temperatures will be rather warm in the southwest, but closer to the norm elsewhere.

The best of any sunshine will be for sheltered eastern counties, whereas most of the showers are likely to affect northwest England and the Midlands.

Good weather promised for the earlier stages of site buildup :cool:

Azores High strengthening = good for the SW, but a lot depends on where those showers 'in many areas' fall ..... however temps 'rather warm' in the SW is good ... 21C, 22C?

Telling lack of detail though! The Glasto period 'forecast' covers a fortnight and is very vague.

Doesn't look disastrous at this stage. Updates later ;) :p

Superape?

Skim said:
The silent disco sounds awful, quite a lonely experience. Having everyone dance to different music takes away the point of a shared dancing experience for me. It must be like watching those people who gather together at a particular time in a public space, dance wildly to the music on their personal stereos, then leave. (They do have a proper name, I can't remember what the whole movement was called.)

I might pop in just to have a look – it may be very funny to watch :D

flash mobbing and you're right it does sound almost as wanky as that.

I am a man of simple tastes. shared experiences, especially those that involve masses of heavy bass, are all I require :)

William of Walworth said:

Yesterday's update to the BBC 4 week forecast

Neither disastrous, nor a dead cert heatwave either ...

Good weather promised for the earlier stages of site buildup :cool:

Azores High strengthening = good for the SW, but a lot depends on where those showers 'in many areas' fall ..... however temps 'rather warm' in the SW is good ... 21C, 22C?

Telling lack of detail though! The Glasto period 'forecast' covers a fortnight and is very vague.

Doesn't look disastrous at this stage. Updates later ;) :p

Superape?

Just sent an updated forecast to GFF :D

I'd agree things are looking more promising. Up until this morning the charts were wobbling about but were still showing generally unsettled conditions, lots of lows, lots of rain moving across the site (not massive rain, but not ideal June conditions). The chart has changed a lot today & showing much more stable conditions. Still rain predicted, but I think things are shifting in our favour & it will get better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom