Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
William of Walworth said:
Most of the point!! :eek:

You can shelter from the hot sun, but you can't sit in the mud :mad: ;)
Well eight stellas and I sure as fuck can/ have.

Actually I was thinking of Knockegorrough, visions of the far bit of the other stage spring to mind.......
You can shelter from the hot sun, but you can't float on the mud

oh gods, that reminds me of watching toots and the maytals one year in the pissing rain, with me waterproofs on, and suddenly realising i was too pissed to stand up, so i sat down in the mud. i was absolutely covered in it :(

You can't shelter from the sun though, the site has fuck all cover. As for sitting in mud - just use a plastic bag, sorted :D

beesonthewhatnow said:
You can't shelter from the sun though, the site has fuck all cover. As for sitting in mud - just use a plastic bag, sorted :D

I took a shower curtain last time. It was thicker than a plastic bag but folded up really small.

but once it was muddy wasn't it an arse? thats the problem I had the year I used a cheap poncho to sit on, I ended up binning it the same day

aqua said:
but once it was muddy wasn't it an arse? thats the problem I had the year I used a cheap poncho to sit on, I ended up binning it the same day

Horrible.
Because our bums were cold too me and madamv ended up with inflatable chairs which were great but a pain to carry around.

You just don't know the site well enough ;) :p :D

yes william we do, I cannot deal with hot sunshine, I don't know if you've noticed but I burn very quickly, even through sunblock re-applied every 30mins

and then get beaten up when stood watching a band :D

(although I am thinking of a brolly this year tbh)

beesonthewhatnow said:
My personal preference would be cool and overcast all weekend - no sunburn, no mud, everyones a winner. :cool:

cool and overcast in the west country with short sunny intervals, with regular showers in London and Birmingham, particularly on the tomatoes. :cool:

Didn't we have a bust up over weather preferences at Glasto last year? :D

Anyhoo can someone tell me what "The Park" is on Pennards Hill?

...and what is the difference between the Tipi Field and the Tipi Village?

The Park is apparently a late night entertainment area, with lots of stalls, bars and tiny stages. abit like the stalls area of lost vagueness. apparently there will be several pianos dotted around.

Tipi field is being repurposed for 'games' or something. all a bit vague.

Tipi Village is outside the fence and is where you stay if you're staying in a tipi for whatever the stupid price is.

Crispy said:
The Park is apparently a late night entertainment area, with lots of stalls, bars and tiny stages. abit like the stalls area of lost vagueness. apparently there will be several pianos dotted around.

Tipi field is being repurposed for 'games' or something. all a bit vague.

Tipi Village is outside the fence and is where you stay if you're staying in a tipi for whatever the stupid price is.

Ta :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom