Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Food Shortages

So we have a number of factors coming together meaning likely food shortages over an expected harsh winter, with an added energy crisis. (Energy thread here).

I thought there should be a dedicated food shortage/distribution thread instead of it spread across different ones.

Post your updates and rants here.

View attachment 289524

All I can think of when I see that picture is that I'm looking forward to my first mince pie of the season. Surely capitalism can't ruin that as well?

Not due to the food shortage, just general poverty two highly used and needed local food banks closed in the last month due to a massive drop in donations.
I fear it’s going to get really grim very quickly this winter.
Well, if nothing else, quite a few of those who are contributing to food banks may find themselves in the position of having to be users of food banks. Somewhere in there, there's a tipping point.

Despite some people/posters mocking the empty shelf photos etc. #Projectfear 🙄 there are really noticeable shortages.

Know a fair few people who work in the food industry, both retail and hospitality. They all agree this is not 100% down to Brexit but it is the main factor. Shipping from EU to GB is such an expensive hassle a lot of companies have stopped importing.

Couple that with the (totally unexpected but planned for by the #ToryScum) lorry driver shortage. Also the terrible treatment of said drivers, it is not a surprise.

Look...

There is food available. The country (#ToryScum foodbanks aside) is not starving but the quality and range of foods available are becoming more prevelant.

Disgraced Prime Minister de Pfeffel Johnson said we have the best 'insert thing' in the world. Fuck the #ToryScum and the selfish, idiot cunts who vote for them.

I go to Cash and Carrys for work and there are signs up limiting customers to certain amounts of items. Bottled water and beer are the 2 most obvious things. Makro/Booker was completely out of water 2 weeks ago (last time I was there). Also you can see a lot of the shelves are front loaded with no depth in stock, especially in Bestway. This never used to happen, it started with COVID but looks like other factors are coming in to effect.

I go to Cash and Carrys for work and there are signs up limiting customers to certain amounts of items. Bottled water and beer are the 2 most obvious things. Makro/Booker was completely out of water 2 weeks ago (last time I was there). Also you can see a lot of the shelves are front loaded with no depth in stock, especially in Bestway. This never used to happen, it started with COVID but looks like other factors are coming in to effect.
Yes, I still get deliveries from Tesco as I’m still trying to be careful Covid wise. But there’s often regular items not available to even put on my order. Mrs LR likes sardines and they weren’t available for weeks, nor could I find them in shops. They’re back on now, but not own brand, only the expensive brands.

Been crap in the supermarkets here for months (in that if they do have everything I had on my list that’s like winning a prize) but this that ska invita posted yesterday made me feel actually a bit frightened, and that’s a Waitrose ffs.
I wanted to go to the coop but they haven't been getting much deliveries lately so went to they bigger Waitrose instead... The fruit and veg section :

View attachment 289462

View attachment 289463
View attachment 289464

View attachment 289465

That's the worst I've seen yet

I heard one chap ( cuntery) say that this is capitalism working properly as it marking people limit what they eat based on what is available. See also energy issues. It’s actually greener because of capital working it’s magic in the markets

Back
Top Bottom