Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Five-year-old April Jones kidnapped in Machynlleth, Mid-Wales

Well quite. I've really not be following the details of the story though. Are the ribbons being sold to build a fund to help the family, or... I dunno, something else?

No idea but if people want to wear one fair enough. It's not really something I get (but I also think that wearing a red nose is too close to being a massive bell end).

I also think that wearing a red nose is too close to being a massive bell end).
Exhibit A

2yopk.jpg

Disgrace that that lad got banged up for his message. I've seen the message and it's in bad taste, but wtf!?

I'd like to post it up here so you can see, but I'm not even sure that's legal. What the fuck, Britain!?

Could you PM it? Would be extremely interested.

Could you PM it? Would be extremely interested.

I'll just post it. If the mods think I should remove it then I will.

So April Jones has Cerebral Palsy. I really feel for the poor bastard - If you're going to abduct a kid you at least want a working one.

So, definitely in poor taste. Criminal and deserving of prison? No chance!

Was it *just* posted in a public space, or was it purposefully directed at someone close to the girl?

That would be the distinguishing factor for me, that would turn it from 'being a dick' to harassment/abuse/somethinglikethat.

Was it *just* posted in a public space, or was it purposefully directed at someone close to the girl?

That would be the distinguishing factor for me, that would turn it from 'being a dick' to harassment/abuse/somethinglikethat.

I think it was posted on his Facebook wall. So not directed at anyone close to the family unless he specifically befriended them (unlikely, I'd think).

That someone can get locked up for that is absolutely fucking disgusting. It really doesn't matter if it's an offensive joke or not.

I suppose this feeling of anger and injustice, this sense that what is being done is not in my name, this is what you Spartists must suffer all the time. How tiring it must be.

That someone can get locked up for that is absolutely fucking disgusting. It really doesn't matter if it's an offensive joke or not.
Where's the McCann reference though?

Apparently he said a lot more than just what Fez posted - there are some of them in this Guardian article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-teenager-jailed-facebook and it says that he made further sexually explicit comments too. he seems like a total dick...

Apparently he said a lot more than just what Fez posted - there are some of them in this Guardian article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/08/april-jones-teenager-jailed-facebook and it says that he made further sexually explicit comments too. he seems like a total dick...

Well, I'm seeing different reports everywhere. Slashdot has this as one of the comments, which is far worse than what I quoted.

What's the difference between Mark Bridger and Santa Claus? Mark Bridger comes in April.

Still shouldn't be criminal, though.

This is interesting from the Slashdot comments above:

"That's apparently not what happened. This guy posted the joke on his own wall; someone else took a screen grab of it and posted it on the April Jones page."
He didn't write that joke on the page for the victims. someone else did but with a screenshot of his personal page.
Probably reposted to the page by an offense junkie who gets off on showing off things they think people should be offended by.

If that's true, then this is even worse.

I don't agree with him being done but I can't really say I feel sorry for him.

Hardly. Widespread mocking, perhaps. Career-limiting publicity. But criminal proceedings? No.
By sending it directly to those involved, I think it steps over the line to become abusive (or something along those lines). It's not unreasonable to assume that the April Jones facebook page will be read by those directly involved. So the person who (re)posted it there is guilty of that IMO.

Equally, it's not unreasonable to assume that those directly involved wouldn't be reading his own facebook wall. So if that's the only place he posted it, I'd see that as fuckwitted but not illegal. Mob justice, not court.

I'm no lawyer though, so it's very much just me whittling on about what I 'reckon'. :D

fwiw, the guy didn't send it to those involved. That was someone else that took a screendump from his facebook wall and posted it to one of the groups in order to inflame a situation.

Back
Top Bottom