Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

You want to see what the public enquiry says?…

1. There was intelligence that should have been picked up but a lot was missed.

2. Comms were shit

3. More cops need to be persuaded to volunteer for public order.

4.. We need to spend a lot more on community based education.

5. More investment in poorer northern communities.

6. Maybe some kind of goverment cohesion Czar, probably Louise Casey.

There you go, that’s saved £15M and three years…

Things seem to be kicking off in Middlesbrough, Sky has a reporter reporting live, on the fash mob attacking the police.
Aye, saw that. I was involved in anti edl/infidels stuff in boro circa 2015. Not sure what anti fash organisation remains there. Not much I guess , which takes us back to krink s post about Sunderland. :(

1. There was intelligence that should have been picked up but a lot was missed.

2. Comms were shit

3. More cops need to be persuaded to volunteer for public order.

4.. We need to spend a lot more on community based education.

5. More investment in poorer northern communities.

There you go, that’s saved £15M and three years…
You missed out finding a way to claim the counter protests made things worse.

Reactions: Sue
Over and over again the BBC people are going out of their way to say how we mustn't discredit the whole idea of 'protesting against immigration' just because of these few isolated incidents.

Footage of all the dignified, respectful anti-immigration protests is still mysteriously absent.

Its a weird one that tho, dunno how I feel about it. If I were a regular Tory voter who has moderate immigration concerns I wouldnt much like to be associated with these cretins. Could go either way with public sentiment that.

If that's a response to me, I meant the women looked "pretty young" as in "fairly young", To be clear. Wasn't commenting on anyone's apparent looks.

Haha, ok. I was skim reading and thought, they're ugly inside so who cares. Sorry, I should read properly. Also, I misread it more like they didnt look like your typical thugs, rather than a sexist statement. Sorry for misunderstanding.

On Middlesbrough from telegraph live feed

Houses and cars attacked in Middlesbrough​

By Crime Editor Martin Evans
Houses and cars were attacked at random in Middlesbrough as the demonstrators descended on the Gresham area, home to much of the town’s immigrant population.
Masked youths used metal and wooden bars to smash the windows of terraced houses and the windscreens of cars.
There were chants of “smash the p***s” as the cheering mob left destruction in its wake.
One victim, a white man in his 40s, had his living room window smashed.
He said: “I’m born and bred in Middlesbrough and these morons target my house just for the hell of it. I could hear them yelling about immigrants but they were smashing car and house windows indiscriminately. They’re the scum of the earth.”
The protestors returned to the cenotaph where riot police came under fire from bricks and bottles as they tried to force them back down Linthorpe Rd.
On Rotherham, Humza Yusuf a bit further down the feed calls it a Pogrom and for the army to be brought in

If I were a regular Tory voter who has moderate immigration concerns I wouldnt much like to be associated with these cretins.

Having moderate concerns and turning up to a 'protest' explicitly targetting and harassing muslims and other migrants are not the same thing. This shit has been going on for days, there are zero reasonable people turning expecting to join in with a calm, reasonable airing of legitimate grievances.

Again, if there were reasonable anti-immigration protests* happening anywhere we'd have seen some evidence of that, in fact the press would have jumped at the chance to foreground those protests at the expense of the 'violent minority ruining it for everyone else'.

*pretending for a second that such a thing could actually exist

Having moderate concerns and turning up to a 'protest' explicitly targetting and harassing muslims and other migrants are not the same thing. This shit has been going on for days, there are zero reasonable people turning expecting to join in with a calm, reasonable airing of legitimate grievances.

Again, if there were reasonable anti-immigration protests* happening anywhere we'd have seen some evidence of that, in fact the press would have jumped at the chance to foreground those protests at the expense of the 'violent minority ruining it for everyone else'.

*pretending for a second that such a thing could actually exist

I get that, I meant more like general public sentiment. Maybe wishful thinking but I dont know if the BBC are helping or harming them.

On Rotherham, Humza Yusuf a bit further down the feed calls it a Pogrom and for the army to be brought in
I mentioned this already but its fascinating how Starmer is in hiding over this.
On the one hand he loves being Mr Cop and acting authoritarian
On the other hand he has positioned himself as anti-migrant and triangulated with the far right vote
On another hand he is a racist,
Rayner has said nothing either. Yusuf is right to call it a pogrom IMO. The silence from Labour is deafening.

PM speaking on BBC, good to see him being visible after yesterday and todays carnage.

He actually did well to bat aside a question about whether he thought everyone involved was far right. Quite rightly said yeah, if you're targetting people because of their skin colour or their faith then you're far right and there's no possible excuse for any of this.

Not exactly a tough issue to call so I won't give him too many brownie points, but compared to the craven whataboutery I've just been listening to on the BBC news he sounded pretty good. He did however manage to find time to give himself a pat on the back for his kangaroo courts in the wake of the 2011 riots.

I mentioned this already but its fascinating how Starmer is in hiding over this.
On the one hand he loves being Mr Cop and acting authoritarian
On the other hand he has positioned himself as anti-migrant and triangulated with the far right vote
On another hand he is a racist,
Rayner has said nothing either. Yusuf is right to call it a pogrom IMO. The silence from Labour is deafening.

Apparently the government is "steering a difficult middle ground" between offering political support / cover to police whilst not inflaming the situation further with rash statements.

Apparently.

Worried about the people in that hotel in Rotherham.

Does anyone know what's going on there?

Looking like the fash have been kettled away from the building. Was a 'soft' kettle up until some urchin knocked a female copper on her arse and then they rapidly tightened it up.

Feels weird to be watching kettle tactics from the outside.

Back
Top Bottom