Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

fucking ridiculous. People being sent home early from work in Leeds - which isnt even on their "Hit List". We should be publically showing our solidariuty with those they are targetting and sending out a mesage that we will not cower from these sad act brown shorts.
An interesting topic.
On the one hand what is happening was basically background risk 40 years ago, avoid area X when such and such a match was on etc. People did just live through it as best they could.
And I take your wider point.
On the other I quite like the idea that this is so unacceptable that life has to stop. Maybe lets not normalise it. Lets not jsut keep calm and carry on.

An interesting topic.
On the one hand what is happening was basically background risk 40 years ago, avoid area X when such and such a match was on etc. People did just live through it as best they could.
And I take your wider point.
On the other I quite like the idea that this is so unacceptable that life has to stop. Maybe lets not normalise it. Lets not jsut keep calm and carry on.
A thought provoking post.

Just cycled through Vauxhall back streets and lots of police riot vans parked in usual place that they park when there's threat of trouble in Westminster (outside Pimlico Plumbers).

Here's the original video posted a year ago. Never trust The Express (or The Met)!

It doesn't look like the same event though. It genuinely could be an annual event now, with spectacularly bad timing.

I mean, some events are violent but not connected to this - the mass machete fight in Southend, for example, definitely not connected. That doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

Telegram app.

Telegram app removing 'calls to violence' in the UKpublished at 17:50
17:50​

By Shayan Sardarizadeh

The Telegram messaging app has confirmed to BBC Verify that it is “removing channels and posts containing calls to violence” in the UK.

We contacted the company after noticing that a Telegram group with 15,000 members, that was influential in organising protests across the country, was removed on Monday night amid a series of violent threats and racist messages posted by its members.

"Moderators are actively monitoring the situation and are removing channels and posts containing calls to violence. Calls to violence are explicitly forbidden by Telegram's terms of service," the company confirmed in a statement to the BBC.

BBC Verify has since observed two further attempts by those who set up the group to launch replacement ones - which have also been removed.

Is this just going to be a damp squib tonight?

We can hope.

I expect it was all a opportunist list, published in the hope that people would just turn up, but most of those potential people have I hope been put off by the results of the court cases over the last few days, and with pressure from their partner, family, and friends, not to risk it.

But, I guess there's enough knobheads out there to still kick off in a few areas.

Last edited:
Is this just going to be a damp squib tonight?

Looking at local Facebook spotted… groups in my area there is plenty of speculation from the sort of dullards that post utter tripe in these groups day in day out on other topics. No reason to believe they’ll post anything accurate on this topic either.

Info from my work is no specific threats locally (that they’re sharing anyway though)

88110353-13704933-image-a-41_1722676925315.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester, 3 August 2024

After Elsie Dot Stancombe, Bebe King and nine-year-old Alice Dasilva Aguiar were killed (and other children and adults were seriously injured) in the Southport knife attack, those engaged in the ongoing white supremacist rioting in a number of English towns and cities immediately claimed that they were doing so to "protect children".
Protecting kids...by burning them to death. Fuck off with that shit.

My prediction would be the odd lone wolf, small group, doing something away from any big counter action., at most. Can't imagine a squad of fash heading down Walthamstow high street for example
Just seen a video of Paul Mason in Walthamstow High Street

Back
Top Bottom