Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Mr Looby insists on going to football. Less than 1m away from fash target and counter protests.

I really don’t want him to but I’m probably being silly.

Go for it, but don’t put yourself in danger!

I'm smoking my last spliff in the churchyard so I'm chilled going in. It is right opposite the kind of pub that has England flags in the window, and in which black people don't drink. So I'm going to use my whiteness as a shield, check my privilege, and tear those flags down in a respectful kinda way.

Maybe I should film it, as protection.

I'm smoking my last spliff in the churchyard so I'm chilled going in. It is right opposite the kind of pub that has England flags in the window, and in which black people don't drink. So I'm going to use my whiteness as a shield, check my privilege, and tear those flags down in a respectful kinda way.

Maybe I should film it, as protection.
The bunting has been up since 21st July

Edit see picture 8 and onwards

We're preparing to go to North Finchley (just down road from us) tonight. Locals have been organising a protest, the site is actually a red herring that no longer is an immigration related building but I don't think that will stop some people. I expect the 'good guys' to outnumber fash and some kids turning up in the hope of a bit of looting. :rolleyes:

Gsv has been nearby today and says a few riot cops already, they are oking peaceful protest , very supportive atmosphere on the street, eg he was walking with an acquaintance who wears a kippah and a passer-by asked if he knew what was planned that evening and wished him safe, which was very kind.

He also reports that luckily the mosque nearby is in the midst of building works and this covered with hoardings, so both hard to identify or to access, and that mosque being targeted was the main possibility that worried me.

I have made my placard

20240807_145920.jpg

I felt somewhat remiss at not being in Bristol on Saturday ..

I suspect we're fairly safe in Bristol - the miscreants must know they're pissing in the wind.
The two "Bristolians" bailed so far - one from Kingswood, one from Knowle... those places may have BS postcodes but that stretches things.
I was amazed recently to see that BS5 stretches right up to what would have been Mogg's redefined constituency where my Tory family live...
They almost got in the hotel to attack asylum seekers ffs!

“She’s a good person and she’s not racist,” Except when shes being a racist terror encourager
She needs to do a slideshow to ram that point home, subliminally...
VE6dnr.gif

'The list' claims that be fash will on Frederick Street in the Jewellery Quarter. There is a counter demonstration at 7.00 (assemble at the clock).

Nothing on the list in the Black Country.

There's a (credible) rumour that they will be rearing their ugly head in one of Sandwell's six towns later. I'm doing a pub crawl to see if there's any outsiders about but it's all very peaceful here at the mo.

He also reports that luckily the mosque nearby is in the midst of building works and this covered with hoardings, so both hard to identify or to access, and that mosque being targeted was the main possibility that worried me.

Building works are a gift to riots. Metal bars, rubble...

But you'll be fine I reckon. Well done for being active.

The secret to Westfield is to go there early, it's quite pleasent then. We walk there quite often for UniQlo and trainer shopping and a nice bagel downstairs. :)

Also the Vue cinema is great for an empty lunchtime screening. :cool:

I don’t mind it there early doors.

Not gonna lie, a larger than small part of me did want someone to come out of the pub and get arsey, so I could flatten them and get rid of the adrenalin that this took.

So there is a lesson, even a pacifist can be stirred to near violence with the right hormonal influence.
The bunting has been up since 21st July

Edit see picture 8 and onwards

Just seen this! Absolutely glad I wasn't falling into a trap of some sort, if they were appropriate on July 21st that is great for them, but they are absolutely not appropriate now, so I'm glad they're down. They mean something very different right now, don't they? Something I am not having on my high street.

Not gonna lie, a larger than small part of me did want someone to come out of the pub and get arsey, so I could flatten them and get rid of the adrenalin that this took.

So there is a lesson, even a pacifist can be stirred to near violence with the right hormonal influence.

Just seen this! Absolutely glad I wasn't falling into a trap of some sort, if they were appropriate on July 21st that is great for them, but they are absolutely not appropriate now, so I'm glad they're down. They mean something very different right now, don't they? Something I am not having on my high street.

You could put up some bunting with pictures of the toponymous cakes which must be a huge source of legitimate local pride.

Whats the substance of the Croydon rumours anyone know?
GUX_cVkXsAAetkf.jpg

Make what you want of this but I'm not convinced there's anything credible planned. Same with Lewisham only police and council there are being so stupidly vague that people are all on edge anyway. Really disgraceful comms which will end up scaring a load of people (already has) and bringing others out to deal with a threat that, as far as I can tell, isn't there.

They almost got in the hotel to attack asylum seekers ffs!
Yep but hopefully they're ready this time...
I live 2 miles from the Immigration advice centre mentioned for tonight and I would rather not get in the way of the police - not that a 64 year old with a limited bladder capacity would be of much use...

Back
Top Bottom