Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2023

MotoGP champion ran over in horrific incident as race red-flagged​

MotoGP champion Francesco Bagnaia was caught up in a horror crash on the opening lap of the Catalan Grand Prix on Sunday. The Italian rider fell off his Ducati bike before his lower leg was run over by another rider. The 26-year-old Italian has been defending his 2022 MotoGP championship after he saw off the threat of Fabio Quartararo to claim his maiden title in the series.

Bagnaia was starting from pole position for the Catalan GP after topping the timing sheets in qualifying ahead of the Asprilla trio of Aleix Espargaro, Miguel Oliveira and Maverick Vinales, but his time in the lead didn't last long. After a chaotic run into the opening corner of the lap, Bagnaia lost control of his Ducati bike and was sent tumbling into the path of the oncoming Brad Binder, who was unable to avoid Pecco, running over his lower leg as the field raced by.

Thankfully, Bagnaia was conscious following his horror crash, but the Italian rider was in obvious discomfort as he lay waiting for medical attention. MotoGP have since confirmed that the 26-year-old remains in a stable condition, but we will have to wait for more updates on his situation. Heading into the Catalan GP, Bagnaia held a commanding lead at the top of the standings. The Italian boasted a 66-point advantage over his nearest championship rival, Jorge Martin, after recording a staggering five victories and two P2 finishes so far this campaign.

Speaking about Bagnaia's domination in 2023, former world champion Quartararo explained: "I think he's a little bit ‘Verstappen’ now. I think also like the previous years, he has the best bike, yes - but you can have the best bike and not do the results. It's a combination. And it looks like now the combination [Bagnaia] has with the bike, the confidence he has with the bike - when you are winning, winning, winning, you feel that you are unstoppable. And this is the feeling he has now. He looks easy on the bike, he knows how to use the bike. So right now, I don't see anyone who can really be faster than him.”

Huge title sponsor deal ‘nearing completion’​

AlphaTauri are reportedly on the verge of finalising a huge title sponsorship deal with Hugo Boss, to take effect from next season. A report from German publication F1-Insider claims the long-rumoured deal between Red Bull’s junior squad and the global fashion marque is close to completion, with further talks between Red Bull and Hugo Boss executives reportedly having taken place at Monza. Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko confirmed earlier this year that AlphaTauri, who have been struggling in the Constructors’ Championship this season, would be undergoing a rebranding and would be brought into closer alignment with Red Bull from an engineering perspective from next season.

Hugo Boss title sponsorship deal with AlphaTauri reportedly close to completion
F1-Insider’s report claims the future name of the team would incorporate both Hugo Boss and Red Bull, with Marko having sought a deal to bring in more financing to the Faenza-based team in the hope of improving its results. With Hugo Boss having left its sponsorship commitments in Formula E, the brand’s chief executive recently confirmed it will be putting its efforts solely into Formula 1 from a sporting point of view. “Hugo Boss is realigning its existing commitments in sport and we will focus only on Formula 1 in the future,” CEO Daniel Grieder told Motorsport-Magazin in Germany.

Having joined up with Aston Martin previously, currently sponsoring the Silverstone-based team as their official fashion partner, Grieder said separately to Reuters: “Formula 1 is back, and it’s better than ever. They have also committed to a more sustainable world and races. The sport is even more relevant than ever and the whole world is watching.”

AlphaTauri have struggled overall on track so far this season, currently sitting bottom of the Constructors’ Championship on three points, with Yuki Tsunoda having failed to start the Italian Grand Prix following an engine failure on the formation lap. They will be undergoing significant off-track changes at the end of the season too, with long-serving team principal Franz Tost set to retire, to be replaced by former Ferrari sporting director Laurent Mekies – and a new chief executive already in place in the form of former FIA secretary general Peter Bayer.

[Its an interesting move if its true. Alphatauri fashion is owned by Red Bull so why would they decide to go with another clothing brand like Hugo Boss? I think it will piss off Lawrence Stroll he has them onboard at Aston Martin. Maybe Red Bull are going to offload Alphatauri fashion]

French driver to replace Zhou Guanyu​

With the season nearing its end, the spotlight has shifted to the Sauber team as speculation surrounding their second race seat for the 2024 season intensifies. The contenders in question are Zhou Guanyu and Theo Pourchaire, both vying for the coveted position alongside Valtteri Bottas. As the season unfolds, it appears that this decision will not solely depend on performance but may also be influenced by financial considerations. Zhou Guanyu, hailing from China, has faced a challenging season, garnering just four points in an underperforming Alfa Romeo C43. Rumors have been swirling, suggesting that his Formula 1 career may be at risk. Additionally, Canal+ reports that Zhou’s seat could be in jeopardy due to a perceived “lack of budget.”

However, Zhou addressed these rumours with confidence during a media interaction, stating, “Of course, I have personal sponsors, and I don’t feel like I lack any foundations on that. Rumours are made up, but all the details we need to talk about with the team because it is not like it is the first contract, the second one is more [focused] on details because it is your second contract in F1. Nothing to be majorly worried about because I feel like what I show on track deserves to be in this paddock.”

Contrary to Zhou’s optimism, Formula 1 analyst Ted Kravitz suggests that the 24-year-old should indeed be concerned. Kravitz remarked, “Is Zhou Guanyu going to hang onto his drive next year? I don’t know. Theo Pourchaire is being highly rated if he wins or finishes high up in the F2 championship to take the second drive, given that he is an Alfa Romeo-Sauber junior. So it’s Zhou versus Pourchaire for this team in 2024. That’s what’s going on in the driver market at Alfa Romeo.”

Pourchaire, on the other hand, is keeping his cards close to his chest regarding his future with Sauber. He currently competes in Formula 2 and has a significant lead in the championship. However, if he clinches the title, regulations dictate that he must move on from Formula 2, leaving his 2024 plans uncertain. In an interview with GPBlog, Pourchaire stated, “It’s true, it’s an honest answer, I don’t know. I just want to say a big thanks to the Sauber Academy for helping me for four years from F3. This season, I’m racing thanks to them. So it’s great to be the reserve driver as well. It’s a huge responsibility. And for the future, I am talking with them often, but we will see.”

With Formula 2 now entering a nearly three-month break before the decisive finale in Abu Dhabi, Theo Pourchaire is expected to assume a more prominent role behind the scenes the Alfa Romeo team. He is set to cover two FP1 sessions for Alfa Romeo and dedicate additional time to the team’s simulator.

Singapore GP has promised to halve energy emissions in five years.

I can hear the copywriter's mushy brain crafting the slogan:

"Ah, Singapore. The race illuminated by the light of a trillion firefly arses."

Meanwhile, this year's energy-rich sparkle-fest will grace UK tellies at these times:

Fri 15 Sept
FP1 - 10:30
FP2 - 14:00

Sat 16 Sept
FP3 - 10:30
Qual - 14:00

Sun 17 Sept
Race - 13:00

Fire up that rain-proof barbecue!

:)

Guenther Steiner addresses rumours of $900m legal action against Gene Haas​

Guenther Steiner has scoffed at rumours he is suing Gene Haas for $900 million, saying the team owner said “good luck with that” when he told him about the rumours. Earlier this month a rumour did the rounds claiming turmoil at Haas relating to a 2016 agreement between the team boss and the team owner over a stake in the Formula 1 outfit. According to BusinessF1 Magazine, Steiner believed he was promised a 50 percent stake in the Formula 1 team but that Haas reneged on that.

Does Guenther Steiner want a piece of the Haas ownership pie?
As such he was reportedly considering suing the team owner for half of the Formula 1 team’s market value, that said to be $900m in total. Steiner has laughed off the rumours. “I told Gene that I was supposed to be suing him for $900 million,” he told F1 journalist Joe Saward. “And he said: ‘Good luck with that!’. Where do these stories come from? Who makes them up?”

Steiner in fact recently spoke about his good relationship with his team owner, calling Haas a “very good boss” but a “tough” one, which he appreciates. “I think it [Haas] has to be my passion project,” Steiner said. “I started this team, I went out and found an investor. If I leave… I never wanted another job, I would have had other jobs before, but I didn’t want them. This was one thing I wanted to do. And it’s pretty cool to set up an F1 team in your lifetime. There are not many people doing that and, therefore, I feel committed to the people. We have got quite a few people here, who are still here from day one. I don’t get attracted by the neighbour’s greener grass. With Gene Haas, I know I have a very good boss, I’ve got a good relationship with him. He’s tough with me, but I’m tough with other people. So, if I do a bad job, I’m not afraid that he tells me. Not that he needs to tell me but, if he has a different opinion on it, I’m OK with it. I’m not getting upset about it.”

Ferrari, Alpine, Flavio Briatore, and former Renault sponsor given preservation orders in Felipe Massa case

In an escalation of Felipe Massa’s proceedings against the FIA and Formula 1, his legal team have sent through preservation orders to several parties associated with the case. 2008 F1 World Championship Drivers’ runner-up Felipe Massa has kicked off a legal battle in the UK High Courts, seeking redress for the outcome of the 2008 World Championship in light of Renault’s manipulation of the race result in Singapore. This weekend marks 15 years since the infamous events of ‘Crashgate’ at the Marina Bay venue, when then-Renault driver Nelson Piquet Jnr. crashed deliberately to bring out the Safety Car at the perfect moment to benefit Fernando Alonso’s victory chances – a win the Spaniard would go on to claim.

Why ‘Crashgate’ is relevant to Felipe Massa court battle
With the skulduggery of that particular race eventually coming to light when Piquet was fired by Renault boss Flavio Briatore less than a year later, an investigation by the FIA and the World Motor Sport Council would go on to reveal that most of the top brass at Renault were involved in the operation – with the exception of Alonso himself. At an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in September 2009, the ING Renault F1 team admitted to conspiring with Piquet Jnr. to cause a deliberate crash.

“Renault F1 stated at the meeting that it had conducted a detailed internal investigation, which found that: (i) Flavio Briatore, Pat Symonds and Nelson Piquet Jr had conspired to cause the crash; and (ii) no other team member was involved in the conspiracy,” read the FIA’s statement at the time. “The World Motor Sport Council considers Renault F1’s breaches relating to the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix to be of unparalleled severity.”

Earlier this year, former F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone admitted that he and then-FIA boss Max Mosley had been aware of Renault’s manipulation of the race before the end of 2008 – resetting the timeline to a much earlier point than what had been the accepted version of events. “Max Mosley and I were informed during the 2008 season what had happened in the race in Singapore,” he recalled to F1 Insider in an interview dated 1st March.

“Piquet Junior had told his father Nelson that he had been asked by the team to drive into the wall at a certain point in order to trigger a Safety Car phase and such to help his team-mate Alonso. Piquet Junior was worried about his contract extension, so he was under a lot of pressure and agreed. We decided not to do anything for now. We wanted to protect the sport and save it from a huge scandal. That’s why I used angelic tongues to persuade my former driver Nelson Piquet to keep calm for the time being.”

While Ecclestone has since retracted those comments, claiming he doesn’t remember the interview, the interview sparked Felipe Massa’s interest. The Brazilian narrowly lost out in the Drivers’ Championship to Lewis Hamilton, in no small part due to missing out on a large points haul in Singapore as a result of a pitstop error made under Piquet’s triggered Safety Car. Massa has since gone into detail about why he is engaging in legal action with both F1 and the FIA in a bid to have the result of the championship overturned in his favour, and instructed his legal team to file proceedings in the UK High Court on the 8th of September.

Ferrari, Flavio Briatore, and ING all given legal instruction
Massa’s legal team have now sent preservation notices on documentation to several associated parties in the case. Ferrari, the team Massa raced with in 2008, have received such a notice, as have Alpine (the current iteration of the Renault F1 team). Renault’s 2008 title sponsor ING, and former team boss Flavio Briatore are also named, as are F1’s chief technical officer Pat Symonds (Renault’s then-executive director of engineering) and FIA sporting director Steve Nielsen (then-sporting director at Renault).

The notices, which have been seen, instruct all the parties that they have a duty to the court to ensure the preservation of any relevant documentation under their control that may be relevant to the proceedings. A preservation notice is an instruction to ensure documentation is not deleted, destroyed, altered or annotated in any fashion. Any and all documentation and information pertinent to the case, which could include sponsorship agreements, clauses, renewals, communications with FOM and the FIA about the events of 2008 and ’09, and any documentation regarding the investigation into Renault and the World Motor Sport Council’s reportage are also to be retained.

With Massa making it clear in recent interviews that he is seeking justice for his title loss, his legal team’s position is that nothing less than the Brazilian being declared 2008 World Champion is the outcome being sought. In their view, F1’s awareness that the integrity of the 2008 championship had been sullied resulted in no action to either investigate the crash promptly before the end of ’08, nor made any effort to remediate the effects of the Singapore race.

Bernie Ecclestone lashes out at Massa case: ‘Hamilton could have sued after Abu Dhabi’​

Former F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone has said Felipe Massa is only pursuing legal action for the money and claims Lewis Hamilton could have done similar. Brazilian Massa stepped up his legal efforts yesterday when his team sent preservation notices to a number of teams and staff members informing them that they must not alter or destroy any relative document to his case. But the man who started this whole thing off has claimed Massa is not interested in the sporting merit, instead suggesting he only wants to line his own pockets.

Bernie Ecclestone says Felipe Massa clan ‘only it in for the money’
Ecclestone was the metaphorical tin opener for this can of worms when he made the revelation earlier this year that a long accepted version of events following 2008’s ‘Crashgate’ was actually incorrect. Following Nelson Piquet Jnr’s crash into the wall which led to Fernando Alonso’s victory in Singapore and hurt Massa’s fortunes in the championship, it was understood that F1 and the FIA were unaware the crash had been deliberate until after Piquet Jnr left the team the following year.

The FIA have long stated that the season is declared done following the prize giving ceremony at the end of the year and were therefore unwilling to retract or alter any result, leaving Hamilton to be the World Champion. But earlier this year, Ecclestone admitted that he and then-FIA boss Max Mosley had been aware of Renault’s manipulation of the Singapore race before the end of 2008, going against what had previously been the accepted version of events. Shortly after, Massa declared his intention of bringing about a legal case and although Ecclestone has since denied making the comments, saying he cannot remember doing so, the former Ferrari driver is pushing on with his efforts.

Massa’s lawyer Bernardo Viana was quoted as saying they “want to bring home the trophy” but Ecclestone has suggested there is an ulterior motive. “The Massa clan is only in it for the money. But the chances of that are zero,” Ecclestone told a Swiss newspaper. Ecclestone went on to suggest that Hamilton and Mercedes could have brought legal action after the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and although the team did initially consider this, they dropped that intention and conceded the title to Max Vertsappen. “Lawsuits against the FIA could have been filed by Hamilton with Mercedes after the not very clean 2021 finale in Abu Dhabi.”

Aston Martin under pressure to fire Lance Stroll as Lionel Messi comparison is made​

Lawrence Stroll, the owner of the Aston Martin Formula 1 team, is facing growing pressure to take a difficult decision – removing his own son, Lance Stroll, from the racing lineup. The call for Lance Stroll’s potential dismissal comes from none other than Joan Villadelprat, a seasoned former F1 mechanic, engineer, and manager. Villadelprat has raised concerns about the 24-year-old Canadian driver’s impact on the team’s performance in the highly competitive constructors’ championship.

While the 2023 Formula 1 season has witnessed the resurgence of Aston Martin, with two-time champion Fernando Alonso securing a series of impressive podium finishes, Lance Stroll’s lacklustre performance has cast a shadow over the team’s aspirations. Alonso’s stellar showing has positioned him third overall in the drivers’ standings, contributing significantly to Aston Martin’s success this year. In stark contrast, Lance Stroll’s struggles on the track have resulted in a dismal ninth-place standing, accumulating a staggering 123 fewer points than his illustrious teammate.

This glaring discrepancy in their performance has led to Aston Martin slipping in the constructors’ standings, with the team now trailing behind the likes of Red Bull, Mercedes, and Ferrari. Joan Villadelprat, a respected figure in the world of Formula 1 with years of experience, did not mince his words when assessing the situation. Speaking to El Confidencial newspaper, the 65-year-old Spaniard drew a striking analogy between Fernando Alonso and the renowned footballer Lionel Messi. “Aston Martin is playing only with Messi,” Villadelprat remarked, drawing a parallel between the team’s dependence on Alonso and the iconic footballer’s role in a football squad. “Even Messi needs someone else behind him, but Stroll is neither seen nor heard. This is massive for the constructors’ championship.”

He further elaborated on Lance Stroll’s performance, highlighting the urgency of the situation: “Although Stroll is not a phenomenon, he is among the top 10 while Fernando is among the top five. But lately, Stroll has been doing a miserable job. All of the team’s eggs are in the Fernando basket.” Villadelprat’s candid assessment has ignited discussions within the Formula 1 community, with fans and experts alike speculating about the potential ramifications of Lawrence Stroll’s decision regarding his son’s future within the team. As the constructors’ championship continues to heat up, the pressure on Aston Martin to address their internal issues and ensure a more balanced performance from their drivers is greater than ever. The coming races will undoubtedly serve as a crucial test for Lance Stroll, as he seeks to prove his worth and alleviate the concerns surrounding his role in the team.

Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 1​

PosDriverTeamTimeGapLaps
1Charles LeclercFerrari1:33.350s25
2Carlos SainzFerrari1:33.428s+ 0.078s24
3Max VerstappenRed Bull1:33.476s+ 0.126s22
4Lando NorrisMcLaren1:33.522s+ 0.172s24
5Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:33.540s+ 0.190s21
6George RussellMercedes1:33.695s+ 0.345s25
7Sergio PérezRed Bull1:33.725s+ 0.375s22
8Fernando AlonsoAston Martin1:33.974s+ 0.624s28
9Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri1:34.042s+ 0.692s25
10Esteban OconAlpine1:34.066s+ 0.716s24
11Lance StrollAston Martin1:34.568s+ 1.218s25
12Pierre GaslyAlpine1:34.639s+ 1.289s23
13Alexander AlbonWilliams1:34.657s+ 1.307s19
14Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo1:34.802s+ 1.452s25
15Kevin MagnussenHaas1:34.887s+ 1.537s23
16Liam LawsonAlphaTauri1:34.894s+ 1.544s27
17Nico HülkenbergHaas1:34.985s+ 1.635s22
18Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo1:35.456s+ 2.106s25
19Oscar PiastriMcLaren1:35.474s+ 2.124s22
20Logan SargeantWilliams1:35.778s+ 2.428s24

Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 2​

PosDriverTeamTimeGapLaps
1Carlos SainzFerrari1:32.120s25
2Charles LeclercFerrari1:32.138s+ 0.018s26
3George RussellMercedes1:32.355s+ 0.235s24
4Fernando AlonsoAston Martin1:32.478s+ 0.358s24
5Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:32.585s+ 0.465s22
6Lando NorrisMcLaren1:32.711s+ 0.591s22
7Sergio PérezRed Bull1:32.812s+ 0.692s22
8Max VerstappenRed Bull1:32.852s+ 0.732s22
9Kevin MagnussenHaas1:33.017s+ 0.897s24
10Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo1:33.105s+ 0.985s23
11Nico HülkenbergHaas1:33.139s+ 1.019s21
12Liam LawsonAlphaTauri1:33.285s+ 1.165s26
13Esteban OconAlpine1:33.361s+ 1.241s24
14Lance StrollAston Martin1:33.390s+ 1.270s24
15Oscar PiastriMcLaren1:33.461s+ 1.341s22
16Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri1:33.477s+ 1.357s26
17Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo1:33.575s+ 1.455s24
18Pierre GaslyAlpine1:33.824s+ 1.704s23
19Logan SargeantWilliams1:34.327s+ 2.207s27
20Alexander AlbonWilliams1:35.558s+ 3.438s5

Alfa Romeo wanted Nico Hulkenberg to replace Zhou Guanyu but Haas F1 boss Guenther Steiner blocked move

Alfa Romeo reportedly wanted to sign Nico Hulkenberg for the 2024 F1 season but saw their approach rebuffed by Haas boss Guenther Steiner. The Sauber-run team were keen to bring Hulkenberg back to Hinwil but Haas chief Steiner blocked the move, according to a report by Swiss publication Blick. Respected F1 journalist Roger Benoit reported that Alfa Romeo also considered a swoop for Aston Martin reserve and Formula 2 champion Felipe Drugovich before ultimately deciding to retain Zhou Guanyu alongside Valtteri Bottas for next season. Benoit noted there had been “fierce discussion and controversy” behind the scenes at Alfa Romeo “for weeks” as they weighed up their driver options for 2024.

36-year-old Hulkenberg, who has already agreed a new deal to continue at Haas next year, recently admitted his interest in driving for Audi’s future F1 programme. The Sauber team which Hulkenberg drove for a decade ago will become Audi’s works operation when it enters F1 in 2026. “It’s definitely one of the very attractive projects right now,” Hulkenberg told F1’s official Beyond The Grid podcast. “A new brand coming into Formula 1, very exciting, a German manufacturer as well, people that I’ve worked with and done really well before. Yeah, it all sounds really nice and good on paper. Obviously I need to put in the good work, keep driving convincing drives, to maybe have a shot there. But only time will tell.” The German has enjoyed an impressive full-time return to F1 this year, having outperformed teammate Kevin Magnussen across the 14 races to have taken place so far.

Eagle-eyed Ted Kravitz weighs in on Daniel Ricciardo’s recovery​

Back at the track but not in the car at Singapore, Ted Kravitz was keeping an eagle eye on Daniel Ricciardo’s hand movements as he tried to suss out the progress of the Aussie’s recovery. Three weeks after breaking a metacarpal in his left hand when he crashed nose-first into the Turn 3 barrier at the Zandvoort circuit, Ricciardo was in attendance at the Singapore Grand Prix with his AlphaTauri team. He, however, was not in the car, that was Liam Lawson.

Daniel Ricciardo’s injured hand ‘doesn’t look too bad’
Instead, Ricciardo, who needed surgery on his injured hand, is with the team in an engineering role and assisting the team from the pit wall. “Daniel is with us in Singapore only for engineering purposes,” read a brief statement from the Red Bull junior team. The team gave no mention of Ricciardo’s plans for the Japanese GP a week later, that most likely depending on the rate of his recovery. A rate that Kravitz broke down to Sky Sports.

“Every time he comes out and takes his place on the AlphaTauri pit wall, he gets a crowd cheer,” GPFans quotes the pit lane reporter as having said. “He’s still so popular and such good will towards him. I’ve just been looking at the injury on his left hand and he’s still able to do stuff. He’s taking a drink from that left hand, so I don’t know if that’s actually one of his exercises, clench and lift your AlphaTauri sustainable water bottle, but it doesn’t look too bad. He can do plenty of stuff with that left hand, obviously not drive at the moment. He doesn’t look like he’s in pain with it is what I’m saying.”

Ricciardo’s replacement Liam Lawson was 12th quickest in Friday’s practice for the Singapore Grand Prix, 1.1s off the pace set by Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz, while Yuki Tsunoda was P16, a further two-tenths back. According to reports, Tsunoda is fighting to retain his AlphaTauri seat for next season with speculation it could be Ricciardo and Lawson in the car.

Singapore GP FP3 Results​

1. Carlos Sainz
  2. George Russell
  3. Lando Norris
  4. Max Verstappen
  5. Charles Leclerc
  6. Lewis Hamilton
  7. Oscar Piastri
  8. Sergio Perez
  9. Nico Hulkenberg
  10. Yuki Tsunoda
  11. Kevin Magnussen
  12. Esteban Ocon
  13. Fernando Alonso
  14. Lance Stroll
  15. Pierre Gasly
  16. Liam Lawson
  17. Alex Albon
  18. Valtteri Bottas
  19. Zhou Guanyu
  20. Logan Sargeant

Is the red bulls really struggling or is just mind games atm?
It could be because of a new technical directive (TD018). Issued by the FIA, the technical directive aims to limit the flexibility and deformation of the elements of the wings, and reduce space between flaps and the wing itself. It reduces the possibility of profiles deforming and the gaps between them depending on the load that is applied. It is certainly not a real game changer, but certainly a challenge for the aerodynamicists. The ride height of the RB19 is striking and much higher than those normally adopted by the team.

It is unlikely that the engineers will be able to overturn the set-up before qualifying to make the car comfortable for Verstappen and Perez and allow them to extract performance that Ferrari has shown. It is useful to point out that although the FIA never revealed which of the teams have most exploited the controlled flexibility of the wings before TD018, in the paddock at the Italian Grand Prix, three teams were mentioned as being most likely to be affected (Alpine, Red Bull and Mercedes).

Back
Top Bottom