Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2022

talking and awake

still odd to be in the car so long
Unfortunately my Spanish isn't good enough to fully understand but it seems they've got the helicopter on standby. They seem to be saying it's not "grave" though. Not a good scenario all round though.

Unfortunately my Spanish isn't good enough to fully understand but it seems they've got the helicopter on standby. They seem to be saying it's not "grave" though. Not a good scenario all round though.
Yep, that was a big crash at speed, he'll be lucky to race tomorrow, he'd be lucky if he hasn't got a concussion, that would rule him out for the race

They appear to have learnt their lesson from the Grosjean incident.

I remember Danny Ric in particular being very pissed off at the constant replays after the fireball.

Seen it now, that's going to hurt. I guess they want to make sure driver is ok before showing replays which seems sensible.

How does having to rebuild a whole car effect the new budget cap thingy?

I can't work out how Mercedes can be so far behind, when you look at the other mercedes powered cars you'd think it is an engine problem, but looking at the last 4 races from 2021 they had by far the best engine. All Mercedes powered cars have aero problems???????

Its strange

Reactions: Ax^
think the new fuel is not working well with the Merc power unit and they have not admited it
yet

think lewis just did not have faith in how the car was reporting so might explain his problems
Russels been dragging preformaces out of the uncompetative Williams for 3 years

think the new fuel is not working well with the Merc power unit and they have not admited it
yet

think lewis just did not have faith in how the car was reporting so might explain his problems
Russels been dragging preformaces out of the uncompetative Williams for 3 years
I'd be surprised if it was fuel, but it could be the answer. We have had flex fuel here for years and there is a difference, but they are only using 10% ethanol. I notice when I'm driving a car that is running ethanol, you don't get the pick-up and for sure you get a bigger bang from petrol.

Brazil has made all cars run on both fuels for over 20 years now.

Edit, I should point out that we use road ethanol, high performance ethanol (E98 etc) has a higher octane and is better for racing than petrol, ethanol works better in higher compression engines

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom