Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't. You said 'you never quite seem to manage it though, do you', about not being violent or racist, to which I replied that I do.

You called me a silent onlooker, which is a really fucking shitty thing to say because you're basically saying I tolerate violence and racism. I don't, and I've challenged it, online and in person at football.

Yep. And you think that an entire stadium of people booing another team is absolutely fine and free of horrible people.

Yep. And you think that an entire stadium of people booing another team is absolutely fine and free of horrible people.
I mean the world is full of horrible people. It's not unique to football. I've been on lefty demos full of fucking dickheads I'm sure.

I do agree the insinuation that Strung out is somehow complicit for other people's racism is a bit out of order.

I mean the world is full of horrible people. It's not unique to football. I've been on lefty demos full of fucking dickheads I'm sure.

I do agree the insinuation that Strung out is somehow complicit for other people's racism is a bit out of order.

I don’t for a second thing he’s actually racist… I just think people allow a lot of shit they ordinarily might not.

If it had been at a neutral venue, with equal number of fans for each side, would you be cool with that? Any fan wants to give their team an advantage, so you can’t expect them not to boo. It seems unsporting when one team is lucky enough to be st home, especially in a year like this (these) when the opposition can have fewer than ever fans, but what can you do? Have an agreement that only odd numbered seats can boo/cheer?

If it had been at a neutral venue, with equal number of fans for each side, would you be cool with that? Any fan wants to give their team an advantage, so you can’t expect them not to boo. It seems unsporting when one team is lucky enough to be st home, especially in a year like this (these) when the opposition can have fewer than ever fans, but what can you do? Have an agreement that only odd numbered seats can boo/cheer?

I mean yeah I find that football encourages rivalry beyond friendly competition. I grew up near Arsenal’s turf, I’ve always hated this shit.

anyway, it was what it was.

a very enjoyable tournament, with some stunning and some bizarre moments throughout. It was exciting and unpredictable with the best two teams in the final.

shitty penalties is a lousy way to lose, but you can’t say Italy were undeserving.

Long live Christian Eriksen.

Robbery

Spain has been very close to getting into the final, and therefore to winning the Euro (there was no competent rival) with 18 and 20 year old players that nobody trusted. Along with one of the worst strikers in the history of Spain, such as Morata.

I don't want to imagine how proud you would be of these children if you were Spanish.

What's Spain got to do with the final?

I was waiting for the lactic acid build up.
What is it with modern teams? There was nobody having a calf massage pre penalties...
Is it their uber fitness? Or do they take something to eliminate the cramps?

I watched the match in a Spanish bar with a drunk, extremely passionate, friend. It was a tense night. Sadly, at the end, England, although good, wasn't quite good enough.

But it's the best result there's been in 55 years. We should take some comfort from that.

And it took penalties to decide the outcome.

I was waiting for the lactic acid build up.
What is it with modern teams? There was nobody having a calf massage pre penalties...
Is it their uber fitness? Or do they take something to eliminate the cramps?
Uber fitness. With modern training you can pretty much train the body to avoid cramps.

Back
Top Bottom