Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Italy v Spain - Tuesday 06/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have to say, I would totally do Enrique in his grey jumper and jeans :oops: Sorry, fans of the beautiful game.
He’s a fitness nutter. When he quit his playing career he took up ultra running, which makes marathons look like a stroll in the park.

It seems like Alba misunderstood the coin toss, and Chiellini either a) just found it funny or b) took it as an opportunity to niggle him about it under the guise of jollies.

Still doesn't explain why he thought punching Alba in the face in front of all three officials and the camera was a good idea though :confused: :D

Anyways, I firmly believe Spain was the (slightly) better team tonight. It means fuck all in tournament football but at least we exit it with our heads held high.
They defied the expected game play , their defence stopped the ball over the top and was very mobile. Biggest weakmess was their finshing obviuosly.

All bets are often off in a tournament final anyway. See Greece and Portugal in their respective Euros victories. That’s not to say there’s nearly as much of a quality gap between and England and Italy as there was between those two and their opponents because it clearly isn’t, but in a final technical superiority really goes out of the window unless the gap is humongous.

I can’t remember the particulars of Greece’s campaign, but Portugal four years ago were nowhere near the best, even if not terrible either. Again, I’m not saying England have been anywhere near mediocre but coming into the final as the supposedly lesser team might well be an advantage.

Last edited:
You certain? Their attacking wasnt that amazing tonight overall.
They hit the woodwork twice but the spanish midfield stopped them playing until that period in 2nd half. Spinazzola a big loss. THat Emerson not good enough.

Italy were great and theyve got confidence and nerves of steel. So they may well go all the way. But I wouldnt put money on it personally.

How's the Spanish press going to handle this anyway Favelado ?? Maybe they needed a bit more Real Madrid in there ;)

Tough luck Spain, who were better than I thought they would be.

I can't think of a better alternative, but I really hate penalties. They only create villains, never heroes.

Italy were great and theyve got confidence and nerves of steel. So they may well go all the way. But I wouldnt put money on it personally.

How's the Spanish press going to handle this anyway Favelado ?? Maybe they needed a bit more Real Madrid in there ;)
They played well against a very good team and lost on pens. I'm not sure there's much to say. Played much better than they did vs Switzerland, but lost. That's how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom