• Denmark win extra time

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

English fans booed during the national anthem, vilified and threatened Danish fans at Wembley​

Danish spectators reported on Thursday about "aggressive atmosphere" at Wembley, misogynistic shouts of women and xenophobia and generally bad behavior from English fans. A Dane's spouse was beaten in the stomach, while another saw English fans spit on a small, Danish boy.

The Danish men's national team stood with a straight back and the same focused gaze we have seen so many times before during this final round.

Shoulder to shoulder, they sang the Danish national anthem together with the almost 8,000 Danish fans, dressed in red and white, stood ready to cheer them all the way to the final.

Football was supposed to be a sport for gentlemen, but after hearing the English fan base, which numbered over 60,000 people, buhe of the Danish players, one can well get in doubt.

One is to boo during the match, but the English fans did not hold back during the national anthem either. "Bad style," said Niels Christian Frederiksen, who commented on the match for Viaplay.

But the bad behavior of the English fans did not stop there. On the contrary, several Danish fans report an "aggressive atmosphere" with everything from insults, threats and decided episodes of violence.

One of them is Eva Høier Greene, who watched the match with her nine-year-old son and American husband. All three looked forward to a memorable experience at the stadium. The evening will probably also be one they will remember, but it will not only be for something good.

“The atmosphere was quite special. It was decidedly hostile. I really had an experience that for the English fans it was not just about them winning, but that it was also very important that we lose. It was very bizarre, "she says.

They hurried out of the stadium as soon as the match was over because they wanted to avoid meeting the English fans. It almost succeeded, but on the way home they had to listen to songs about how some fans "would rape the Italians" on Sunday.

Got fist in the stomach​

Close to their own neighborhood, which according to Eva Høier Greene is reminiscent of Frederiksberg, several fans hammered their hands on the windows against the bus they were sitting in. A behavior that, according to Eva Høier Greene, was due to them still wearing their Danish football jerseys.

The bus driver stopped the bus and opened the door. In an attempt to de-escalate the situation, she and her husband stood up to congratulate the English fans on the victory while the nine-year-old boy remained seated. The fans acknowledged according to her with a fuck off! Her son became insecure and wanted to go up to the next floor of the double-decker, and she followed him so they would not be separated.

“When I got back to my husband, I could understand that he had been beaten right in the stomach by one of them while the man who was trying to help mine had been slapped. It was very shocking, "she says.

Eva Høier Greene says that while all this was going on, "the angry crowd" outside the bus filmed her family. They stopped first when she told them they had a little boy who just wanted to go home and if they would not let go enough. However, the angry fans continued to hammer on the bus windows, make fucking fingers and sing hostile songs.

“It should have been a joyous evening, but now I stand with a son who does not understand why they were after us and who worries about what will happen to the Italian children on Sunday. I do not understand it. We could figure out how to lose weight and behave properly, but they could not figure out how to win and do the same. I actually feel sorry for them, ”she says.

Fans spat on little boy​

She is far from the only Dane who had a bad experience during the semi-final, which was played at Wembley on Wednesday night. In fact, there are several examples of unpleasant episodes in various groups on Facebook for Danes living in England.

Several saw xenophobic shouts from English fans, while one woman also writes that she "got one on the head" when England captain Harry Kane scored on the penalty kick. Others describe how their English friends advised them to cover their Danish football jersey.
part of it

Browsers automatically translate nowadays.
Mine doesn't, and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that someone isn't going to bother reading an article with a title in a foreign language.

Agree with Humberto though, scummy behaviour, apart from the national anthem booing, which should be encouraged.

Last edited:
Ah right, maybe I over estimated the intelligence of urban. I know when I see something in forrin I try and understand the context to the discussion and make an effort to translate. But hey maybe that’s just me. European newspapers are interesting however. Particularly with respect to how (for instance) the English are perceived.
Should be some good headlines tomorrow when they get spanked this evening.

Ah right, maybe I over estimated the intelligence of urban. I know when I see something in forrin I try and understand the context to the discussion and make an effort to translate. But hey maybe that’s just me. European newspapers are interesting however. Particularly with respect to how (for instance) the English are perceived.
Should be some good headlines tomorrow when they get spanked this evening.
Oh fuck off you prick.

Hahaha. Did I insult your footballs and your flag?
As my Danish daughter wrote to me (in English - so you needn’t worry about translating.
“England don’t deserve to win”
Personally I don’t give a fuck about the bread and circuses of football. Nationalistic nonsense.
Furthermore, I would say in light of your current situation in UK, it might be interesting to see other perspectives from Europe you chose to leave.
Shouldn’t even be in the fucking euros should you?

As my Danish daughter wrote to me (in English - so you needn’t worry about translating.
Personally I don’t give a fuck about the bread and circuses of football. Nationalistic nonsense.
Furthermore, I would say in light of your current situation in UK, it might be interesting to see other perspectives from Europe you chose to leave.
Did a football fan flush your head down a loo while you were at school?

I hope your daughter doesn’t inherit your stupidity.

calling that sad little political bloc ‘Europe’ is like calling England ‘the uk’

The famous 2016 vote on whether or not to leave the continent of europe and its affiliated federation of football associations.

TLDR: try and read something else than the media presented to your on cognitive dissonance island, and then figure out why everyone else thinks you’re a bunch of cunts.
I hope your daughter doesn’t inherit your stupidity.

calling that sad little political bloc ‘Europe’ is like calling England ‘the uk’
Ok bellend

I don't know, but this morning I've learned all England fans are the same and as bad as one another, causing me to undertake a radical review of my worldview.
England fans aren't all the same and as bad as one another. I don't suppose anyone on this thread would have gone out after the England west Germany game in 1990 and smashed up a Merc because it was German. But from reports and personal observation there are a lot of wankers sporting three lions atm

Back
Top Bottom