• Denmark win extra time

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want to watch history being made, this afternoon Mark Cavendish will try to equal Eddie Merckx' record of 34 Tour de France stage wins. In football terms, it's like winning the World Cup, but when all your teammates have been sent off, and you had to get to the stadium in Brazil by swimming.

What actually happened...

...Cavendish settled into the bunch and finished 16 minutes behind the winner of the stage, the peloton choosing to have the day off taking in the vistas of southern France. In football terms a mid-table back end of season away trip to Bournemouth.

What actually happened...

...Cavendish settled into the bunch and finished 16 minutes behind the winner of the stage, the peloton choosing to have the day off taking in the vistas of southern France. In football terms a mid-table back end of season away trip to Bournemouth.
It was a dramatic and well-deserved win by a German! Perhaps not something you can grapple with...

Fair fucks to England for getting to the final but shit like this has to be nipped in the bud. Winding up gammons is one thing, winding up subscribers to Mojo magazine is beyond the pale.

View attachment 277519
That’s only a game changer if they change their attitudes outside of football. Unfortunately most Neanderthals would cheer an England team composed entirely of black players, but still give them abuse when their team played a team with a black player!
ETA;: they fly a flag to a saint who was almost certainly arab! That worked out well in terms of acceptance!

That’s only a game changer if they change their attitudes outside of football. Unfortunately most Neanderthals would cheer an England team composed entirely of black players, but still give them abuse when their team played a team with a black player!
ETA;: they fly a flag to a saint who was almost certainly arab! That worked out well in terms of acceptance!
According to Wikipedia his parents were of Greek origin and he was famously from Cappadocia so not sure where you're getting this Arab bit from. Anyway, no saints without Jesus and Jesus def not some white hippy dude as he's often portrayed

Ouch.

1625819545728.png

"Let the English party. They have nothing else. And rejoice instead that you have woken up in Denmark.
Comment: I do not know whether the British deserved the victory. But I know they have nothing else, Berlingske's correspondent writes in this comment from a strangely aggressive football party in inner London.”

Ouch.

View attachment 277654

"Let the English party. They have nothing else. And rejoice instead that you have woken up in Denmark.
Comment: I do not know whether the British deserved the victory. But I know they have nothing else, Berlingske's correspondent writes in this comment from a strangely aggressive football party in inner London.”
Oh no.

Maybe the party was "strangely aggressive" cos he'd been going about telling everybody that they have nothing else in their lives to be happy about?

Ouch.

View attachment 277654

He's not bothered at all, no really :D

Back
Top Bottom