Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hmm making a hostile enviorment for visiting teams and fans

Will it be remembered when you travel abroad

maybe

That should have been a red card for the shocking foul on Saka mind.
The one where he was pulled back by Chiellini by his collar? Probably the size difference that made it look bad and not a red in the rules of the game, but felt like a yellow+ with the force of it. The Grealish one perhaps should have been a VAR tells ref to look at it again type thing.

Make no mistake: In all my years of the (real) establishment subverting themselves in deference or negotiation with the S*n....

Southgate decided to take them on. It's not a war you can win, but it's a battle he effectively won.

No other manager, fuck it, human being in the public eye - could have caused the S*n's 180* front page on calling out the BLM booing.

storming into the ground isnt the issue really - im sure many of us would chance it if it were non violent - the fact that there was no cordon around the ground that would stop randoms from getting that close is utterly shoddy. you cant expect a few minimum wage security temps to have to deal with that. broken britin

We can't boo opposing penalty takers now? Haha haha

Can we question if the referee knows what he is doing?

Does Peter Reid in fact have a monkey's head?
This is why international tournaments are shit. You get all kinds of freaks and weirdos telling us what is and isn't on.

Can't wait for proper football to come back next month.

(Seriously tho...I'm 40...My deathbed is in probably 20-40 years time...I grew up hearing of about my nations's triumph in WW2 (you, too, may have heard of it? We did ok as it goes...) and 1966...

I want to shuffle off knowing I, too, saw something better than the Covid years and a shitty Euro champs.

Don't get me wrong, the Spurs champo league cup run in '18 was great, as was Atherton vs Donald way-back-when, but, and far be it from me to be selfish, BUT WHERE IS MY BLITZ????

Fuck the euros anyway. Shithouse competition.

It's the WC we need to win (in my lifetime).
In terms of quality participants it's a top class competition. If you look at the top 3 teams in each world cup since 1966 (winner, runner-up, 3rd place) - only two non-European nations have placed. European teams have placed 33 out of the 42 top place slots at World Cups since '66 (with only multiple appearances by Brazil and Argentina interrupting that).

At the latter stages of a tournament, penalties are a dominant way of a team going out. And everybody goes out apart from one team. So chances always are that it will be penalties that put you out if you’re a team that tends to make it past the group stage.
Ergo, you should get good at them, no?

That's football. Making life as miserable as possible for visiting fans/players, as long as you avoid actual violence or racism.

You should see what players in Italy have to put up with.

Exactly. Some of my favourite football days have been at the old Cardiff ground. Hostile but so good when we beat them.

Not even sure what I'm seeing in that clip. Presumably the people running in are those reported to have got in without tickets (they look to be coming through an outer door). But who are cunts laying into them, some kind of self appointed vigilantes??

Back
Top Bottom