Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never been so elated to lose.

Never been so proud of our national side fronting up to a S*n-dominated following and demonstrably win some inroads to the shitty attitudes of 'some of their' readership.

Semi jokingly taking some solace in that I never wanted my (once in a lifetime opportunity/monent) national team final to be a Euro champs, and not a WC.

But fuck em. I fucking LOVE our national team, its manager, and seemingly everything it stands for. I couldn't be happier at losing. I study leadership through a lot of professional linkedin-esque hipstery work networks, and am pinning the achievements of Southgate should be up there with anything sub-Mandela or Lombardi. (or, at least Brailsford and Woodward).

Listening to 5 live, not sure if all the phone in 'experts' are in on the joke. Honestly, guys, give it up. Call him woke, call him what you want...All our eyes have been opened to a giant of a human being. He eclipses football.

Onwards... (yes, am off my chops, apologies : :oops: )

(Also, here, and Russia, fuck mine we had an easy post-group-stage-draw. I know were not allowed to admit it, but we did, I'm a numbers guy, our achievements are rightfully lauded, but we didn't conquer Italy, France, Belgium etc consistently. Its the easiest draw I've ever seen, twice)

Never been so proud of our national side fronting up to a S*n-dominated following and demonstrably win some inroads to the shitty attitudes of 'some of their' readership.

Semi jokingly taking some solace in that I never wanted my (once in a lifetime opportunity/monent) national team final to be a Euro champs, and not a WC.

But fuck em. I fucking LOVE our national team, its manager, and seemingly everything it stands for. I couldn't be happier at losing. I study leadership through a lot of professional linkedin-esque hipstery work networks, and am pinning the achievements of Southgate should be up there with anything sub-Mandela or Lombardi. (or, at least Brailsford and Woodward).

Listening to 5 live, not sure if all the phone in 'experts' are in on the joke. Honestly, guys, give it up. Call him woke, call him what you want...All our eyes have been opened to a giant of a human being. He eclipses football.

(Also, here, and Russia, fuck mine we had an easy post-group-stage-draw. I know were not allowed to admit it, but we did, I'm a numbers guy, our achievements are rightfully lauded, but we didn't conquer Italy, France, Belgium etc consistently. Its the easiest draw I've ever seen, twice)
I was loving your post til the final bit. Germany in the last 16 after winning the group convincingly wasn't a lucky draw. Ukraine in the quarters was payback for German in the 16s.

I do agree on the leadership stuff though. Don't know if it's calculated or if it just comes naturally to him, but he gets it spot on all the time. When things are going well, you step back and let others take the plaudits. When things go wrong you step forward and take responsibility.

Just think we so nearly got stuck with that cunt Sam Allardyce. Southgate didn't even want the job, that's how perfect he is for it.

Robbery

Spain has been very close to getting into the final, and therefore to winning the Euro (there was no competent rival) with 18 and 20 year old players that nobody trusted. Along with one of the worst strikers in the history of Spain, such as Morata.

I don't want to imagine how proud you would be of these children if you were Spanish.

Robbery

Spain has been very close to getting into the final, and therefore to winning the Euro (there was no competent rival) with 18 and 20 year old players that nobody trusted. Along with one of the worst strikers in the history of Spain, such as Morata.

I don't want to imagine how proud you would be of these children if you were Spanish.
they did lose though :)

Just think we so nearly got stuck with that cunt Sam Allardyce. Southgate didn't even want the job, that's how perfect he is for it.

Sure, and Pint Of Wine is the single greatest thing to happen to football - if not life - apart from Lucas Moura threading it past the Ajax keeper, but there was lots of talk of The System 'behind the scenes' dealing with our talent pipeline yet only ever coming up with Laurie McNenemay producing Gerrard/Lampard dickheads despite being the whatever-one-of-the richest countries in the world..

And then Southgate turned up. And maybe they were on to something...

I was to young to be aware last time round and hopefully, I'll be too senile to be aware next time round.
However, I was about 20 years old between 2008 and 2012 where Spain was one of the most successful historical National Teams in all of History, comparable to Pele's Brazil or Muller's Germany 😂

Back
Top Bottom