Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I decided on the penalty takers based on what they’ve done in training, and nobody is on their own.

That was the mistake. When I was in the cubs I got chosen to lead the cubs parade because I marched the best in practice. What they didn't know was that I couldn't march in time so I had to keep turning round and shuffling my feet to keep up with the rest of them. Whole parade was a farce :(

Sadly I can't agree on the draw bit. I totally agree about pens as a horrible way to decide it, but I can' think of a better way either. (And I've always hated them too.)

The very worst bit of pens is that it always creates villains, as we're already seeing on this thread. Be great if someone could come up with a way to do it that created a hero instead. But I can't think of one.
Boundary countback.

I know it's a small point, but I really wish it wasn't penalties again, it's just going to feed into our national mythology, which if nothing else I can't imagine will be good for the players.
At the latter stages of a tournament, penalties are a dominant way of a team going out. And everybody goes out apart from one team. So chances always are that it will be penalties that put you out if you’re a team that tends to make it past the group stage.

At the latter stages of a tournament, penalties are a dominant way of a team going out. And everybody goes out apart from one team. So chances always are that it will be penalties that put you out if you’re a team that tends to make it past the group stage.
Hm, would wanna see some stats on that :hmm: ;)

I think we needed to just be a bit better. Needed to get the ball back more often and keep it when we did.
Too many long balls. If you have someone like Didier Drogba in your squad fine, it just sticks but all we were doing is giving it straight back.
Need to put glue on their boots.

Back
Top Bottom