Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate seems a genuinely lovely man, and got most things right. But I don't think there can be any defence of that tactical decision. Taking Henderson off? With penalties beckoning? And then putting Saka up for the final one?
You know they've been practicing penalties for the last month to figure out who the best penalty takers were? It's not just some random idea he came up with five minutes beforehand.

Southgate seems a genuinely lovely man, and got most things right. But I don't think there can be any defence of that tactical decision. Taking Henderson off? With penalties beckoning? And then putting Saka up for the final one?
Henderson missed his last two for England. And he presumably thought Saka would score. At that point it's not a tactics, it's luck.

Don't have much appetite for chatting shit but I am disappointed that England had strength and depth but Southgate was too conservative,. Sterling should have been hooked and Kane was (again) woeful,

Buggering off to the gardening threads quicksmart

I don't think you can criticise the tactics on penalties. Though I do think Southgate failed to get the best out of that group of players (arguably the most expensive squad in the tournament), because of his conservatism. But it's fine margins.

Back
Top Bottom