Yeah, but bin the YG 'outlier' and the spreads don't look *so* wild:
UKIP 2% - 4%
Lab 17% - 24%
Con 12% - 14%
Green 4% - 8%
LD 12% - 17%
Change 3% - 5%
Brexit 27% - 38%

Obviously struggling with Farage though.

Think turnout is a big issue as well. I've seen suggestions that it will be much higher than normal Euro elections.

YG is an outlier, but it was an outlier in 2017 as well and the crucial point is they got the turnout right. Not saying that means anything this time but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Think turnout is a big issue as well. I've seen suggestions that it will be much higher than normal Euro elections.

YG is an outlier, but it was an outlier in 2017 as well and the crucial point is they got the turnout right. Not saying that means anything this time but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Agreed, but locally I'm hearing that PV turnout looks consistent with an overall 40% turnout...so up, but not massively. I think there'll be many old tories sitting on their hands tbh.

yougov's final (conventional) poll of 2017 predicted a Tory majority. Their MRP model was more or less right, but this is a conventional poll.

Yep it's the hardest thing for pollsters to get right. They can only go on precedent, and this rather strange election doesn't have much of that.

Agreed, but locally I'm hearing that PV turnout looks consistent with an overall 40% turnout...so up, but not massively. I think there'll be many old tories sitting on their hands tbh.
Old people vote, though, and all the polls I've seen show Farage getting a very big chunk of the old vote. This election is likely to make Britain look a lot more brexity than it actually is, I think.

Old people vote, though, and all the polls I've seen show Farage getting a very big chunk of the old vote. This election is likely to make Britain look a lot more brexity than it actually is, I think.
yeh right on a 54% turnout or thereabouts which i've seen mooted the top brexit party vote anticipated to be 40% -> c.21.6% of your actual electorate

really brexity that

A lot of the soft Labour vote in my orbit that I thought would maybe lean Green or Lib Dem today seem to be sticking with Labour. It's a very small sample size, but if that's replicated nationwide ( :D ) then Labour might not do too badly.

Agreed that the old tend to vote but, anecdotally, I'm hearing stories of regular tory oldsters just not voting this time. Maybe be inconsequential, but you know...

...bonus reason. It'll piss off the Leavers and Remainers I know in equal numbers :D
I had a semi-positive reason as well. If the tories are wiped out, I don't think it helps any if labour are also wiped out. Tories only ones wiped out would be so much worse for them.

Back
Top Bottom