• Change Uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckethead

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
& tactical voting is more or less pointless, the only way this election is going to be interpreted is based on the percentages each party receives nationally, seats won’t matter in how this is reported and the consequences thereof.

Your point being?

Your point being?

The consequence of these elections is more about the narrative created from the result, and how that is used as leverage against the leaders or policies of the two ‘main’ parties. The result won’t be measured in number of seats won but in terms of percentage vote per party. So if you were one of those people wanting to send a signal in support of remain (and didn’t find Labour remainy enough) then it barely matters if you vote for LibDems/Green/Chuckles wherever you are as that percentage is all going to be lumped together as remain anyway when the results are discussed.

The consequence of these elections is more about the narrative created from the result, and how that is used as leverage against the leaders or policies of the two ‘main’ parties. The result won’t be measured in number of seats won but in terms of percentage vote per party. So if you were one of those people wanting to send a signal in support of remain (and didn’t find Labour remainy enough) then it barely matters if you vote for LibDems/Green/Chuckles wherever you are as that percentage is all going to be lumped together as remain anyway when the results are discussed.
The only percentage that anyone will be paying attention to is the margin of victory for the Brexit party. Remain supporters will try to add together the various remain parties' support to construct some pro-remain narrative, but the better they do, the higher the margin of victory for the Brexit, so they'll be drowned out whatever.

Why is there so much emphasis of leaflets here? Sign of U75 poster age? If they were ever relevant they no longer are (other than a secondary indication).
Older voters vote, and they expect leaflets and interpret their delivery as an indication that the sending party ‘cares’ about them & their area etc.

Still relevant for them.

15 to 20 leaflets a day in the communal hall way (three flats).
A mix of different types. None read so I couldn't tell you who they were from.
All straight in the bin.

I've passed the polling station three times this morning and I was the only person I saw voting so far. And I only voted because they''re in the church itself instead of the church hall this time and I wanted to have a gawp because I'd never seen inside before.

Quite a few people voting at ours this morning - hardly a massive rush but not totally dead either. Although that would be peak 'pop in on the way to work' time.

Enjoyed the pleasingly lengthy list of pointless Independents. Anyone know anything about any of them?

london-uk-4th-march-2017-a-police-officer-speaks-to-activist-roger-HRX2CF.jpg

it's an insane spread - something for everyone.
Yeah, but bin the YG 'outlier' and the spreads don't look *so* wild:
UKIP 2% - 4%
Lab 17% - 24%
Con 12% - 14%
Green 4% - 8%
LD 12% - 17%
Change 3% - 5%
Brexit 27% - 38%

Obviously struggling with Farage though.

Back
Top Bottom