Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Er, they burned the Danish embassy: did anyone notice?

Now the Belgians are getting into it:

1.jpg

"Saddam Shark"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4688402.stm

Johnny Canuck2 said:
You can't dismiss the guy based on one thing.
I wasn't dismissing it JC. I quite like it myself.
It would look tops in my bathroom that would. :cool:

"Tralfamadorian, Polychrome" is nice too. ;)

Never heard of him before.

Johnny Canuck2 said:
Say what??

You've never heard of Slaughterhouse Five?

Read 'Sirens of Titan'.
Life is so short when there are so many books to read. Especially when your reading between feeds and changes :(
So is it any good?

It's your thread so i'm sure a derail's fine :D

friedaweed said:
Life is so short when there are so many books to read. Especially when your reading between feeds and changes :(
So is it any good?

It's your thread so i'm sure a derail's fine :D

It's hard to say: it might be dated now, although I doubt it.

For me, it was one of those formative books.

Ooh a game of soggy's breaking out

rogue yam said:
Times have changed, Johnny Boy. Kids today just don't read much.
Are you forming a circle there yammy. Don't worry peebs will be by with the biscuit for you all soon.
Don't cum last tatty heed ;)
Night bouys have fun now :p

Johnny Canuck2 said:
It's hard to say: it might be dated now, although I doubt it.

For me, it was one of those formative books.
I might have a look at that. I need something to read to a bunch of teenagers maybe they'll get onto something like that. ;)

Gute Nacht

Johnny Canuck2 said:
Interesting piece. I like Tony Blankley's work. The initial reaction to the cartoon issue here in the U.S. has been only fair, or even poor, but we are starting to coalesce into a more robust position. As usual, the correct response is percolating up through the grassroots. The politicians and "leaders" will start to say and do the correct things once their staffs and pollsters tell them what it is that the American mainstream thinks is best. It just takes a while.

I have a new solution to this topic that is to write my blazing posts and basically not post them, that way no ones harmony is disturbed, Everyone seem to have thousands more posts than I have, and this forum basically is your space. I respect that I am totally cool about thing.

I know you are bravely defending the hard done by Muslim community from a horrible ignorant bigot, fair enough, but what is left if no talking is allowed. To stop people smoking maybe we should ban cravings,. There is a old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

rogue yam said:
(1) I'm no expert on what is or isn't on U.S. TV, but my understanding is yes, and that this is normal. Are you claiming otherwise? What is your point?

(2) TV is the medium least detailed in its reportage. Local Muslims' views were presented widely in American text media, as you surely must know. So what? What is your point?

(3) You have changed the terms of the debate. You said that nobody paid any attention to the bombing of Pakistanis by non-Muslims. Now it is a question of one medium in one country. Why the shift?

(4) You have implicitly admitted that what you said was patently false. Are you man enough to explicitly admit that you were talking crap? Why not?

1. You claimed to live in the States. Is this a lie?
2. Is that really the case? Isn't reportage in the printed media also selective?
3. That auld trick. :rolleyes:
4. Another one :rolleyes:

friedaweed said:
So is it any good?

Yep, it's very good.
He mixes in his own experience as a POW during the bombing of Dresden with travel in time and space and optometry :eek: , all the while making a damn good case against war.

"What's not to like?" is what I say! :D

Greebozz said:
I have a new solution to this topic that is to write my blazing posts and basically not post them, that way no ones harmony is disturbed, Everyone seem to have thousands more posts than I have, and this forum basically is your space. I respect that I am totally cool about thing.

I know you are bravely defending the hard done by Muslim community from a horrible ignorant bigot, fair enough, but what is left if no talking is allowed. To stop people smoking maybe we should ban cravings,. There is a old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

I think your posts have two problems.

1) They're written badly. I'd speculate that English isn't your first language or that you have some form of dyslexia because you either miss words entirely from your sentences or put the word in the wrong part of the sentence. This means that even once someone has managed to decipher your prose, then they can't be sure they've arrived at the correct meaning.
Obviously this is a structural problem that you can probably avoid with a bit of hard work and luck.

2) You come across as being contentious purely for the sake of being contentious, and also present your opinion (which is all your point of view is unless you support it with evidence to show that it is based on fact) in the same arrogant way as many right-wingers, permitting no deviation from your "party line". Your entire "...write my blazing posts and basically not post them" spiel reflects this attitude.

That's all very well, but when you attempt to bolster your views with frankly juvenile references to "the road to hell", then in effect you're saying "you're do-gooders, you're wrong and I'm right" when you've presented little in the way of data to support your assertion.

It boils down to "if you act like an idiot you'll be treated like an idiot".

Back
Top Bottom