Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v South Africa Test Series

:D

A case in point is that in a team with Strauss, Cook, Pieterson and Bell, who all have way more natural talent (I'm not sure sure about Trott), Collingwood is currently has the best average in the team for this series. Something that currently looks likely to continue.

Except for Onions, of course, who averages infinity.

(Bell has the most runs, though, which was something like a 200/1 shot with one bookmaker before the start of the tournament)

From Cricinfo:

McLaren to Prior, no run, good delivery, more nip off the deck and Prior is smacked in the box. A nod of the helmet (not that one) and he's back in his stance.

Just seen the last session down the pub...

What the fuck. Dropping onions. AND batting first on a green pitch in moist conditions. Jesus... :facepalm:

Seems stupid to me. Sidebottom's not exactly distinguished himself in recent appearances. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I fear SA will appreciate his medium-fast swing. I guess they've been tempted by Sidebottom because he's similar to Hoggard, who had a blinder here a few years ago. But if you were going to drop any bowler for him, it has to be Broad.

But Broad's undroppable, isn't he.

Snape reckons SA would have batted first as well.

180 ain't exactly going to help win a series though.

Boycott: "You have to play for the team and adapt your game to the situation"

Yeah right Geoff - like you always did.

Seems stupid to me. Sidebottom's not exactly distinguished himself in recent appearances. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I fear SA will appreciate his medium-fast swing. I guess they've been tempted by Sidebottom because he's similar to Hoggard, who had a blinder here a few years ago. But if you were going to drop any bowler for him, it has to be Broad.

But Broad's undroppable, isn't he.

Broad's taken more wickets than Onions, at a better average and a better economy.

Back
Top Bottom