Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v South Africa Test Series

Never speak ill of the Reeve! He's a fucking legend at Warks...and as good a one day player as England ever had, shame they never made him captain for the one dayers and stuck with a test team.

Never touted as an all rounder though. He was a tough little batsmen who bowled a bit more like Collingwood if anything.

SA squad for the Wanderers Test: Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, Friedel de Wet, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Imran Tahir

I assume the inclusion of Imran Tahir will mean they won't be giving Pietersen and Trott any stick from now on

SA squad for the Wanderers Test: Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, Friedel de Wet, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Imran Tahir

I assume the inclusion of Imran Tahir will mean they won't be giving Pietersen and Trott any stick from now on

Parnell for de Wet I reckon will be the only change, de Wet is injured and Parnell is more than a bit handy with the bat.

Why have they called up another spinner? I thought the Wanderers was a green seamer?

How does Tahir qualify? Is there a different qualification in SA?

off-topic but dermot's in the shit downunder after another ball-tampering incident involving a england player...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/3216537/Reeve-fined-for-ball-tampering-comments

(altho that article has pulled what he actually said about bopara)

Article here with him accusing Bopara of ball-tampering.. he (Reeve) got fined for it. Also accusing other teams of colluding to get a result as well.

http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/440693.html

Well so far we have:

Pringle
Lewis
White
Ealham
Hollyoake
Cork
Flintoff

Even de Freitas was touted at first.

de Freitas was alright. He went for a few runs but he wasn't that bad. He occasionally swung the bat too I think.

Craig White... :facepalm: The Aussies used to talk him up with the sole intention of making the selectors pick him :D

This may be common knowledge but I've only just read that Onions used to open the batting for his club side before he concentrated on his bowling at county level. So definitely no bunny

This may be common knowledge but I've only just read that Onions used to open the batting for his club side before he concentrated on his bowling at county level. So definitely no bunny

Yeah but what club was it :D

I'm still waiting for Smith's thoughts on how the latest collapse will play on England's minds. It certainly worked last time :cool:

I'm still waiting for Smith's thoughts on how the latest collapse will play on England's minds. It certainly worked last time :cool:

If we win this series then surely Smith's reign as captaincy will be under threat?

I highly doubt it..... he's the best in the business at the mo. He used his limited bowlers beautifully imo.

I think the the groundsmen will be looked at however.

If we win this series then surely Smith's reign as captaincy will be under threat?

I don't think so, he's thought of extremely highly within the team and outside it.

I do think he has some faults as captain but since the retirement of Stephen Fleming I don't think there's an outstanding Test captain anywhere atm, he's probably the best there is

I think the the groundsmen will be looked at however.

It seems to be test and first class grounds across the world that need to have a word. They all seem to believe that the perfect wicket is one that starts off a slow flat batting track, and ends up after 5 days a slow, dull, flat batting track.

When the likes of Headingly and Hove are now considered batting wickets, you have to wonder.

It seems to be test and first class grounds across the world that need to have a word. They all seem to believe that the perfect wicket is one that starts off a slow flat batting track, and ends up after 5 days a slow, dull, flat batting track.

When the likes of Headingly and Hove are now considered batting wickets, you have to wonder.

at this point I'd like to say hi to the BCCI. First innings scores of 700/4 declared and the third innings of the match barely started by the end of the fifth day are clearly the way forward for Test cricket :facepalm:

Ponting had Warne and McGrath for most of those wins.

And the likes of Gillespie and Lee to back them up. And a bunch of batsmen all with averages over 45.

But most of all, he had Warne and McGrath.

I could be a successful captain with that team.

Ponting had Warne and McGrath for most of those wins.

And the likes of Gillespie and Lee to back them up. And a bunch of batsmen all with averages over 45.

But most of all, he had Warne and McGrath.

I could be a successful captain with that team.

suppose so:Dwe were pretty good weren't we:D
you might get to be 12th man:D

Back
Top Bottom