Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v South Africa Test Series

Wonder if straussy is regretting miming smoking that cigar when smith dropped onions a few balls before the end of the innings.. :facepalm:

one of my friends who is out in SA atm has just posted this as her facebook status "is putting Graeme Smith right up there with Michael Vandort in the worst centuries ever seen."

one of my friends who is out in SA atm has just posted this as her facebook status "is putting Graeme Smith right up there with Michael Vandort in the worst centuries ever seen."

Now that's just sour grapes.

I would rather England batsmen got gritty centuries than Bell got out again practicing his textbook strokes, or Pietersen got out despite the greatest batsman ever*

*in his own mind

maybe sour grapes. i didn't see it so have no idea whether it's a fair assessment or not

I'm struggling to think how 162* can be described as one of the worst centuries ever seen. Past a certain point, when marks for beautiful strokeplay are added (or deducted), or chances dropped, it's just total fucking domination, isn't it?

Fair play to Smith, he's drawn his team level with another big score against England.

Ok, true to form Kallis has slowed ths scoring rate, unfortunatly he's got himself out. So a lead of around 415 at lunch so I reckon they'll have a bit of a slog for an hour and hope to leave England chasing around 480. It still seems a pretty decent pitch so that will be in the back of Smith's mind, of course we know England won't chase anything close but he may have doubts?

england have been set 466 to win. we can still do it!!!!!

england have been set 466 to win. we can still do it!!!!!

Yup, Smith has certianly done us a favour by going on too long. Should have declared at lunch really.

So if normal procedure follows we'll start ok until KP throws his wicket away prompting a collapse and the tail holding on for grim death. :(

I actually think there's an outside chance they could do it. Conditions are perfect for batting. Pitch is dead.

Ya never know. I'd get KP in early though.

He can pull an innings out of the bag now and then. He's the only player in the side who could pull it in.

Realistically though. Yeh. Even a draw's optimistic.

Time to get real, there is no chance of winning this game. We couldnt chase this down against Bangladesh let alone SA. A nice solid, no thrills draw is the best we can hope.

awesome, i'm not betting more than 50p though... i'm not that confident

if everyone gets their average test score, then we'll be all out for 402. so we just need our players to give an extra 15% and we'll do this no problem

Well I might be getting a tad worried about my 50p, Harris seems to be on very early. Mind, after watching Hauritz bowl out Pakistan anything is possible I guess.

38/0 at Tea, just 4 sessions to survive now. Although thanks to the rubbish over rate this morning there is still 39 overs left today.

i wish the commentators on TMS wouldn't go saying things like "Cook's gone!... (2 seconds later) heaving at that one!"

proper shakes me up

Was enjoying this on TMS but the imbeciles in the "Barmy Army" have started up so I'm going to leave it until tomorrow now

Back
Top Bottom