Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v South Africa Test Series

just been watching a bit of this at the pub. i gather its a public holiday in SA. that looks like the best place to be in the world right now, what a venue.

i liked this off the BBC text... "Bell had better hope that Cook doesn't get a century here, or these will be considered 'pressure off' runs by the pundits again."

Small grounds I guess. What's the capacity in SA grounds??? Surely more than the English 20,000.
They're not much bigger, but there's a smaller population interested in going.

England's a rip-off for any popular sports. The greedy cunts added about 40% to the price of tickets after the 2005 Ashes win, and sold out to Sky for good measure. :mad:

The crazy thing is that the 'product' looks a hell of a lot more attractive in cape town than in vauxhall... they still have actual grassy banks there. and you can bring your own barbeque. and as much booze as you want. and theres half naked girls everywhere. well worth a fiver.

from this position, we've got to be happy with a deficit of less than 60 or so. with broad, swann and prior, don't be surprised to see us get a lead of 100 though :D

Well it's certianly going to be a result match thats for sure. England let this slip today, they had the series there for the taking and then they all threw their wickets away. I'd rather be in SA's position now as chasing anything over 150 batting last will not be easy.

If we can crawl to 320 and then get a couple of early wickets we might see the famous SA choke.

i think a lot could depend on how many runs we can eke out for the last three wickets. i don't think either team are going to score many runs in their second innings, so 40-50 runs either way could make a whole load of difference.

vital runs in 3 of his last 4 Tests, Ian Bell doing the job people say he doesn't do

can confirm that South Africans don't bother turning up to home Tests, probably got short attention spans or something

vital runs in 3 of his last 4 Tests, Ian Bell doing the job people say he doesn't do

can confirm that South Africans don't bother turning up to home Tests, probably got short attention spans or something

Batting number 6.. soft runs, soft dismissals and all stats inflated by 227* vs Bangladesh at the start of his career. Averages at best in the high 30s which is not the mark of a good test batsman.

vital runs to ensure the Ashes were won, built the platform for victory in Durban and ground out some tough runs in the face of top order failure today

well batted

he's never scored a Test double century btw so I have no idea where you got that from

edit: oh I see, you're combining his innings v Bangladesh

Averages 69 v Pakistan, 48 v South Africa, 43 v Sri Lanka and 41 v West Indies. More soft runs I guess.

His two dodgy opponents are Australia and India, both around 25.

Back
Top Bottom