Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England fans: the racism and the violence

Should have a league table for most/least racist fans.

feacies.

Anglo Boy, people should not make the Britain with the ranking race table like a bourgeois feminist competition psychological therapist, but the cheeky eyes of the puppy dogs, Sterling, father, please give me a penalty, I knew that chiellini is good cheat, he would get a yellow card. And then pull them back to a ridge 5 as if there is 89 minutes instead of sudden death. Shame on Wembley in England, but at the same time Mao Zedongists would be better discipline his team, Watford Boy learn make love to hometown in 2020 like third splat brains Jürgen Klop, he's on fire, shall we turn him off? Send my own condolences in my request for the soul and romance of respective always you do the best thing you can do and so long you have learned everything. Stewards ran to shake poets.

feacies.

Anglo Boy, people should not make the Britain with the ranking race table like a bourgeois feminist competition psychological therapist, but the cheeky eyes of the puppy dogs, Sterling, father, please give me a penalty, I knew that chiellini is good cheat, he would get a yellow card. And then pull them back to a ridge 5 as if there is 89 minutes instead of sudden death. Shame on Wembley in England, but at the same time Mao Zedongists would be better discipline his team, Watford Boy learn make love to hometown in 2020 like third splat brains Jürgen Klop, he's on fire, shall we turn him off? Send my own condolences in my request for the soul and romance of respective always you do the best thing you can do and so long you have learned everything. Stewards ran to shake poets.

I'm Irish, you robo-dong.

feacies.

I've been saying this for years.

feacies.

Why are your posts just lyrics stitched together with bits out of Stewart Home?

feacies.

I see the AI's handlers have recallobrated its algorithm. A tiny improvement but not much.

It does pose the interesting thought experiment of Mao Zedong managing the English football team though. Pass and move tika taka starting from a flat back four would no doubt be in his little red book of tactics.

I see the AI's handlers have recallobrated its algorithm. A tiny improvement but not much.

It does pose the interesting thought experiment of Mao Zedong managing the English football team though. Pass and move tika taka starting from a flat back four would no doubt be in his little red book of tactics.
He'd be playing his cards close to his chest as he's been dead for 45 years. Anyway it'd all be drawn from his writings on guerrilla war, the auld attack where least expected etc

Last edited:
The Statesman article seems to suggest foreign agencies may have been involved in the racist abuse of players. This, however, this was countered by Times piece, today, which said the Euro 2020 games were "not targeted disinformation" which is normally the modus operandi of countries like Russia.

However, I came across this interesting snippet, here.
Previously banned VPN users?

I sense a touched a nerve there.

Belarus and Poland. For fuck’s sake.
Aye, you've uncovered my secret anti-Polish agenda there. :rolleyes: All I'm saying is that if you want to support ABE because you know and dislike English nationalists and you don't know any Italian nationalists so you don't care if they're having a good day then like, sure fine whatever, but if you support ABE because you genuinely believe that English nationalism is worse than any other form of nationalism, then you're crossing over into the kind of weird inverted patriotism that leads to "bomber Harris do it again" and all that.
The Statesman article seems to suggest foreign agencies may have been involved in the racist abuse of players. This, however, this was countered by Times piece, today, which said the Euro 2020 games were "not targeted disinformation" which is normally the modus operandi of countries like Russia.

However, I came across this interesting snippet, here.
I mean, there's several possible explanations for online abuse coming from outside the UK that aren't Russian/Chinese state involvement. As well as the VPN issue mentioned above, I reckon a) English expats living abroad, and b) 4chan-style opportunistic racists based in other countries might well turn out to make up a solid chunk of it.
feacies.

So true bestie.

Aye, you've uncovered my secret anti-Polish agenda there. :rolleyes: All I'm saying is that if you want to support ABE because you know and dislike English nationalists and you don't know any Italian nationalists so you don't care if they're having a good day then like, sure fine whatever, but if you support ABE because you genuinely believe that English nationalism is worse than any other form of nationalism, then you're crossing over into the kind of weird inverted patriotism that leads to "bomber Harris do it again" and all that.

I mean, there's several possible explanations for online abuse coming from outside the UK that aren't Russian/Chinese state involvement. As well as the VPN issue mentioned above, I reckon a) English expats living abroad, and b) 4chan-style opportunistic racists based in other countries might well turn out to make up a solid chunk of it.

So true bestie.
Why would expats be a prime suspect ?

Why would expats be a prime suspect ?
Not saying that expats are any more racist than other England fans, it's just that some of the discussion seemed to be a bit like "either it's coming from England, in which case it's England fans, or it's coming from outside the UK, in which case it's Russian bots or whatever", so I was just saying that England fans who live abroad are a thing that exist and worth bearing in mind.

Not saying that expats are any more racist than other England fans, it's just that some of the discussion seemed to be a bit like "either it's coming from England, in which case it's England fans, or it's coming from outside the UK, in which case it's Russian bots or whatever", so I was just saying that England fans who live abroad are a thing that exist and worth bearing in mind.
Ah but so few of them would post other than in english

The Premiere League has a massive overseas following. There was already a recent prosecution of someone in Singapore racially abusing a player. I don’t think it’s too far a stretch to suggest there is a racist cohort of fans on the continent or in Asia, that are happy to air their racist views on Twitter week in and out.

The Premiere League has a massive overseas following. There was already a recent prosecution of someone in Singapore racially abusing a player. I don’t think it’s too far a stretch to suggest there is a racist cohort of fans on the continent or in Asia, that are happy to air their racist views on Twitter week in and out.
I think that the thing that stinks here is the indecent haste with which certain agendaed commentators moved to insist that this racism wasn't English racism.

All I'm saying is that if you want to support ABE because you know and dislike English nationalists and you don't know any Italian nationalists so you don't care if they're having a good day then like, sure fine whatever, but if you support ABE because you genuinely believe that English nationalism is worse than any other form of nationalism,

Spot. On.

It's a good example of a strange type of Anglocentric worldview that crops up on the left sometimes. I note the poster also believes that England is the worst country on the planet, which again reveals a strange inverted patriotism masquerading as 'radical politics' and which discards objective fact.

I think that the thing that stinks here is the indecent haste with which certain agendaed commentators moved to insist that this racism wasn't English racism.
Who? I don't think anyone's been claiming that the racist estate agent from Manchester (for example) wasn't English.

Gareth Southgate has claimed that plenty of the racism comes from outside the UK though, while acknowledging the problem with homegrown racists.

Have you met any? :D

Sorry :( but when I was in the Netherlands there was a certain type of ex-pat that had left england to get away from foreigners ( :) ) and kept together in little cliques and refused to learn Dutch. Not a huge number but I could believe it of some of them.
I’ve met quite a few here and strangely enough they are pretty like most English in England . Yes they do hang around in cliques and most don’t learn Portuguese , like most of the Dutch , French and the Germans do but there’s a big jump from that into assuming that they are more likely to be racist .

Have you met any? :D

Sorry :( but when I was in the Netherlands there was a certain type of ex-pat that had left england to get away from foreigners ( :) ) and kept together in little cliques and refused to learn Dutch. Not a huge number but I could believe it of some of them.

A few here as well. But majority are sound.

Yes I've still got a couple of good mates who left for the Netherlands permanently. I'd have considered it myself but I like hills and never got to see Maastricht.

Putting aside the argument over whether ‘taking the knee’ is effective or just an empty gesture - according to an Ipsos MORI poll done in June, it appears to have more support amongst football fans in England than the British population as a whole (48% of football fans in England support it, compared to only 40% of Britons)

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 12.19.04.png

Putting aside the argument over whether ‘taking the knee’ is effective or just an empty gesture - according to an Ipsos MORI poll done in June, it appears to have more support amongst football fans in England than the British population as a whole (48% of football fans in England support it, compared to only 40% of Britons)

View attachment 278590
It would be interesting to see how that's changed, post-tournament.

Nearly a third of football fans supporting the booing their own team taking the knee is both shocking and depressing, mind.

View attachment 278590
Ah, those bottom 2 green bars; that 20-30% of the electorate that ensure we have majority Tory governments.

View attachment 278590
That's a really interesting statistic. The differed is quite significant; perhaps moreso given the fact football fans are more likely to be white than the general population.

Back
Top Bottom