Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Czech Republic vs England 22/06 - 8pm

Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii think, the ref wasn't 100% sure it was simulation, so he didn't book Saka, but he did "have a word" because he was suspicious.

However, I also think he was wrong to be suspicious, because Saka did very clearly get hit, but because he added a bit too much drama as he went down (because he'd been hit) it made it look more sus than it was.

I have spoken, it is decided, I hope you all enjoy the rest of this game now the matter has been Officially closed.

Although ..,.

Per law 12 a booking is mandatory for simulation.

'There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
  • attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)'

Per Law 12 he must book the player the next time play stops.

"If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play."
Thank you for confirming the facts!

It’s a lot more disciplined football than on Friday but it doesn’t half lack flair. I think Saka has been the only player worth watching.

That one where Sterling and Grealish (is it) stroll back from Kane's shot, presume because they'd be offside, but on replay it's deflected off a defender, should have gone for it or have I missed something? No commentary here.

That one where Sterling and Grealish (is it) stroll back from Kane's shot, presume because they'd be offside, but on relay it's deflected off a defender, should have gone for it or have I missed something? No commentary here.
Flag was up.

That one where Sterling and Grealish (is it) stroll back from Kane's shot, presume because they'd be offside, but on replay it's deflected off a defender, should have gone for it or have I missed something? No commentary here.
I can never quite work out what happens when it hits a defender - I think often it's still offside because he was offside when the ball was kicked.

Was just looking at Kane's scoring record, no idea why, and was reminded that he's won the Premier League golden boot three times, including last season. While playing for Spurs, including last season's Spurs.
Oh yes, just remembered, he also got the most assists last season too.

Again, while playing in last season's Spurs.

E2A: None of this is to say he's performed particularly well at this tournament, mind :hmm:

I can never quite work out what happens when it hits a defender - I think often it's still offside because he was offside when the ball was kicked.
I think at the moment as long as you weren't interfering with play when the ball was played, then you won't be offside if it subsequently deflects off a defender and you become active.

Perhaps our resident wanker in the black Athos can confirm.

It’s a lot more disciplined football than on Friday but it doesn’t half lack flair. I think Saka has been the only player worth watching.
I think England look a lot better going forward tonight (albeit not defending great); we've already three times as many shots on target as during the entire game against Scotland, the two centre midfielders and the full backs are venturing forward more, there's players - principally Saka and Grealish - taking people on, plus they're looking to give and go more quickly when in possession, and press harder when not.

Back
Top Bottom