Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Czech Republic vs England 22/06 - 8pm

Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Refs don't have to book for simulation. Ref might have thought he fell down without really trying to buy a foul.

Per law 12 a booking is mandatory for simulation.

'There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
  • attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)'

Not much can be done once he's let them play on though really.

Per Law 12 he must book the player the next time play stops.

"If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play."

Sure, but there are instances where a player is knocked over in a legitimate challenge, personally thinks he was fouled, the referee disagrees, everyone moves the fuck on.

But Saka was fouled, for the record.

'There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
  • attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)'

"If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play."
Ref obviously didn't think it was simulation. It doesn't have to be a foul or dive every time someone falls over.

Sorry Statto. You dull twat :D

Athos what does it say in your rule book about the ball hitting the ref? I was always led to believe the ref was counted as being part of the pitch

How do you know what he said? Maybe it was something like 'I thought you fell over, that's why I didn't give a free kick, so stop appealing'.

Refs don't tend to deliberately aproach players to explain why they didn't award a free kick; it's implicit that they didn;t consider it a foul. It seemed pretty clear to me that he was warning him for diving. He was lucky not to get booked if that's what the ref thouht. Though it looked to me like he was fouled.

Refs don't tend to deliberately aproach players to explain why they didn't award a free kick; it's implicit that they didn;t consider it a foul. It seemed pretty clear to me that he was warning him for diving. He was lucky not to get booked if that's what the ref thouht. Though it looked to me like he was fouled.
You're such a boring cunt. It was obvious he was explaining his reasoning to a player who was rightfully appealing for a foul.

Athos what does it say in your rule book about the ball hitting the ref? I was always led to believe the ref was counted as being part of the pitch

Per Law 9:

1. Ball out of play
The ball is out of play when:
• it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the a
• play has been stopped by the refereree
• it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and:
• a team starts a promising attack
• the ball goes directly into the goal or
• the team in possession of the ball changes In all these cases,
play is restarted with a dropped ball.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii think, the ref wasn't 100% sure it was simulation, so he didn't book Saka, but he did "have a word" because he was suspicious.

However, I also think he was wrong to be suspicious, because Saka did very clearly get hit, but because he added a bit too much drama as he went down (because he'd been hit) it made it look more sus than it was.

I have spoken, it is decided, I hope you all enjoy the rest of this game now the matter has been Officially closed.

Back
Top Bottom