Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Scotland 18.6.21

Pretty boring as an England fan from what I saw (not whole game tbf). Scotland played well but a top team should have been able to wear them down with confidence and determination.

Definitely needed more pace and ingenuity not the classic old England kickaround.

Stoopid thing about this format is that a point is actually a good result for England. Good as through. Not enough jeopardy.

Anyhow you're allowed the odd dodgy performance in a tournament. Look at Portugal 2016.

Stoopid thing about this format is that a point is actually a good result for England. Good as through. Not enough jeopardy.

Anyhow you're allowed the odd dodgy performance in a tournament. Look at Portugal 2016.
If only two went through then Czechia and England could play out a draw in the final match knocking both Scotland and Croatia out :cool:

Not sure I'd be celebrating quite as hard as the Scots are, if they can't beat us when we play like that they're stuffed.
Nah Scotland were magnificent. England were expected to play the game in the scottish half and eventually break them down and win 2 or 3 nil. Instead they were lucky not to lose. English midfield just too light. Too many dainty young number 10 types. Keane was right about Henderson. Why is he there if he's not fit.

The only problem now though is that we'll next get beaten by Croatia or draw & youse will beat Czechia or not but still qualify so no real big loss for you English.

Nah Scotland were magnificent. England were expected to play the game in the scottish half and eventually break them down and win 2 or 3 nil. Instead they were lucky not to lose. English midfield just too light. Too many dainty young number 10 types. Keane was right about Henderson. Why is he there if he's not fit.

Kind of proving my point there, we kept a clean sheet despite being abysmal.

Scotland were not magnificent. They were 100% better than England but couldn't even score and tested Pickford once (maybe twice) total.

Everyone's getting very carried away on both sides tbh.

Southgate has been woeful, Played friendlies with players who were not in the team, made awful team choices, surrounds himself with boring bland twats, lacks bottle...and was also wearing the most awful bizarre hybrid of a shirt/overcoat/mac I have ever seen. Deer in the headlights

Um, I think Scotland were on top of their game...but make of that what you want... England, however, have a bit more talent available but somehow failed to use any of it

The only problem now though is that we'll next get beaten by Croatia or draw & youse will beat Czechia or not but still qualify so no real big loss for you English.
Croatia are in decline. Played well vs Czechia and England. Bright, organised and creating chances. Just need to put one away...

I'll admit, as one of the second-chance qualifiers, Scotland have been better than I thought they would be.

Kind of proving my point there, we kept a clean sheet despite being abysmal.

Scotland were not magnificent. They were 100% better than England but couldn't even score and tested Pickford once (maybe twice) total.

Everyone's getting very carried away on both sides tbh.

one side is not ranked 4th in the world

plus grealish

Southgate has been woeful, Played friendlies with players who were not in the team, made awful team choices, surrounds himself with boring bland twats, lacks bottle...and was also wearing the most awful bizarre hybrid of a shirt/overcoat/mac I have ever seen. Deer in the headlights
Get Big Sam in?

I don't know how the scoring works but it's ALWAYS some complicated last minute other people's goal difference scenario...
Or it's a dodgy handball to deny Wales a place at the World Cup...

We always remember the injustices that go against us, not the ones that go our way. :D

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom