Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump's 2nd term

Trump is ignorant
He does not understand that the USA has a massive effect on the rest of the world regardless of anyoneā€™s wishes .
America doesnā€™t really understand itā€™s an imperial power.
You canā€™ t just decide to leave the world stage because itā€™s inconvenient

I don't know, have you been to the border lately? Things are pretty chaotic down there. The Mexican border towns are filling up with refugees from all over the world, and none of them have any idea of their status vis-a-vis the USA. There was a whole encampment of Ukrainians in TJ a few weeks ago, it suddenly disappeared, no idea where they went. There are loads of Haitians milling around with no money and no resources, in fact some of them are finding jobs and trying to settle down in Mexico. It's obvious that no-one in charge knows what the hell is going on, on either side of la linea. I don't blame "Biden" because the man is obviously senile, but whoever's running the government is doing a seriously terrible job of administering immigration.

oh fuck off ya big lamp

seriously getting into dodgy territory you are now coming across as a racist bullshite peddler

hopefully someone wakes up and deals with the guy repeating dogma from fox news

mass Ukrainians and Haitians on the border the fuck with the maga assclown

Mexico got around 2000 people from Ukraine
he is now in propoganda plain and simple

What we can now say without a doubt is that trump is not an honest man, nor is he a man with any mercy, and when he had Presidential power, he never found a bottom too low he would not use and abuse to keep it. He literally used every ounce of his power to help and serve himself, every single time.

Additionally, based on the slavish and sycophantic behaviors of the trump cult, ā€œconservativeā€ media and the GOP towards him, what we now see is that something was missing from Lincolnā€™s famous power test. The missing piece is a psychological understanding of what happens to those who have been groomed, propagandized and gaslit away from truth and reality, and into believing narcissistic abuse is the best use of power, because they grade this test on a completely different curve.

The MAGA cult are one of the most dangerous mass-cult phenomena in history. Even if Trump isnā€™t elected and even if he is elected but too incompetent to execute his evil plans, the MAGA cultists have unleashed a form of barbarism hitherto confined to subcultures like the moonies and Scientologists - a mass mentality completely impervious to logic, reason, evidence, facts, basic moral norms and democratic values. Trump has tapped into the dark primordial forces of hatred, fear and slavish worship of the ā€˜leaderā€™ and turbo-charged them into a deranged, nihilistic political movement. Heā€™s laid the template for any future demagogue.

In his dreams. Al Capone lived by a code at least, however warped it was, Trump believes in nothing but power and humiliation.

His pretending not to be a fucking racist shit, all the time making the dog whistles, is repulsive.

Yeah, Biden is (as expected) a disappointment but holy fuck, this guy is dangerous.

the MAGA cultists have unleashed a form of barbarism hitherto confined to subcultures like the moonies and Scientologists
They are more akin to the mainstream Christian fundamentalists that ignore even the internal logic of their own bible. . . In fact that appears to be what a lot of them are. If they can already ignore basic rights and wrongs in their faith, and see 'facts' as anything they choose to be correct, then they are already the perfect magas.

I don't think the Supreme Court is any more likely to approve this than Trump is to select Colin Kaepernick as his running mate, but at least the legal fight will stretch his lawyers/campaign finances even further

I don't think the Supreme Court is any more likely to approve this than Trump is to select Colin Kaepernick as his running mate, but at least the legal fight will stretch his lawyers/campaign finances even further

Hard to know with the Supreme Court. The rightwing bloc are despicable, but for their own self-interest they donā€™t want a presidential dictatorship, they want to be the dictators - which for all intents and purposes they currently are.

This will surely be the most important Supreme Court decision since Dred Scott (on the legality of slavery). The Supreme Court made a disastrous decision then, plunging the US into civil war. It would be similarly disastrous if they allowed a rapist pedophile who tried to overthrow democracy on the ballot, a Trump win could well ensure civil war, as no civilised person would ever tolerate living under the second Trump term.

Can the Federal Supreme Court override the State Supreme Court?

I ask google and it told me that

State supreme court's interpretation of any state law is generally final and binding to both state and federal courts. Federal courts may overrule a state supreme court decision only when there is a federal question which springs up a federal jurisdiction.

????

šŸ˜

the trump campaign released a predictably unhinged press release in response to the decision. You can bet it was less unhinged and hyperbolic than what the margarine menace originally spewed forth....

the trump campaign released a predictably unhinged press release in response to the decision. You can bet it was less unhinged and hyperbolic than what the margarine menace originally spewed forth....

On behalf of us lazy people, could you link us to tht?

Can the Federal Supreme Court override the State Supreme Court?

I ask google and it told me that

State supreme court's interpretation of any state law is generally final and binding to both state and federal courts. Federal courts may overrule a state supreme court decision only when there is a federal question which springs up a federal jurisdiction.

????

This is about the US constitution, so SCOTUS is the final judicial arbitrator.

The Colorado Supreme Court decision was a close call 4-3 and all 7 judges were liberal appointees. Itā€™s been tossed out in other states. So itā€™s already a controversial legal argument amongst liberals. At the same time, it has currency amongst some conservative judges and influential legal scholars too. Iā€™d predict SCOTUS overruling Colorado but it could go the other way too. Three liberal justices and two ā€˜moderateā€™ conservatives (say Roberts and Kavanaugh) could affirm.

Hard to know with the Supreme Court. The rightwing bloc are despicable, but for their own self-interest they donā€™t want a presidential dictatorship, they want to be the dictators - which for all intents and purposes they currently are.

This will surely be the most important Supreme Court decision since Dred Scott (on the legality of slavery). The Supreme Court made a disastrous decision then, plunging the US into civil war. It would be similarly disastrous if they allowed a rapist pedophile who tried to overthrow democracy on the ballot, a Trump win could well ensure civil war, as no civilised person would ever tolerate living under the second Trump term.

I think the Supreme Court might make a narrow ruling with an argument along the same lines as one of the dissenting justices in Colorado - Trump has not been convicted of engaging in insurrection, and was acquitted in a trial in the Senate, and shouldn't be disqualified without a conviction.

ā€œEven if we are convinced that a candidate committed horrible acts in the past ā€” dare I say, engaged in insurrection ā€” there must be procedural due process before we can declare that individual disqualified from holding public office,ā€ Justice Carlos Samour Jr. wrote in his dissent.

What the legal fight will do is allow him to continue presenting himself as ā€˜The candidate THEY donā€™t want you to have the freedom to vote forā€™. Democrat party law fare just feeds right into this, and Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re self-aware enough to realise it.

What the legal fight will do is allow him to continue presenting himself as ā€˜The candidate THEY donā€™t want you to have the freedom to vote forā€™. Democrat party law fare just feeds right into this, and Iā€™m not sure theyā€™re self-aware enough to realise it.
Yes, I'm highly skeptical as to this hurting Trump. Whatever legal setback it is (and I'm not sure it is much of that), politically it does nothing to harm Trump, and probably helps him a bit.

Important to remember that this lawsuit was brought by Republican voters who were inspired by a legal theory developed by ultra-conservative legal scholars (the founders of the ultra-conservative Federalist Society). The democrats have nothing to do with it.

As for the election interference, official document theft and hush money cases, to call them ā€˜lawfareā€™ is to repeat the propaganda of the republicans. There is very credible evidence that Trump committed a series of of very serious crimes. If anything, the fact itā€™s taken the authorities this long to take action shows that Trump has been treated with kid gloves. Literally anybody else who did what he did would already be behind bars for the rest of his life.

I predicted they'd pull a move like this weeks ago, when Kagan and Frum started inciting an anti-Trump coup:

Wow, weeks ago you predicted a lawsuit thatā€™s been in the headlines for months? Impressive work Nostradamus. Hereā€™s my prediction: you will continue posting brainless wank on here until your long overdue banning.

re illegal migration in the US it does seems to be a peak at the moment

View attachment 405062View attachment 405063

Yes it does. And of course the real number of illegal immigrants is far higher than this. It's policy for la Migra to look the other way atm, probably will be until after the election.

Last edited:
Yes it does. And of course the real number of illegal immigrants is far higher than this. It's policy for la Migra to look the other way atm, probably will be until after the election.
and the numbers of Ukrainian people cross ya big plank

Trump is ignorant
He does not understand that the USA has a massive effect on the rest of the world regardless of anyoneā€™s wishes .
America doesnā€™t really understand itā€™s an imperial power.
You canā€™ t just decide to leave the world stage because itā€™s inconvenient

All empires come to an end, and the American Empire is now showing all the classical symptoms of imminent demise. The question is whether it will go peacefully or violently. As you say, Trump seems disposed to simply "leave the world stage." But if the neo-cons who control the (ahem) "Biden" administration remain in power, we can expect it to reach a violent, contested, forced end. They've already shown us what they're capable of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom