Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
112005459_Mississippi_racism2_foreign-large_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

Captain Ray Boggs
Freaky eyes on those kids behind him. :eek:

(BTW if the point was that the Sheriff advising the parents not to do anything is Black himself, that doesn't make it okay. Shit thing is he's probably right that the victim will be victimised more for complaining, but that's the thing that isn't right.) :(

Freaky eyes on those kids behind him. :eek:

(BTW if the point was that the Sheriff advising the parents not to do anything is Black himself, that doesn't make it okay. Shit thing is he's probably right that the victim will be victimised more for complaining, but that's the thing that isn't right.) :(

The thing that isn't right is that he is told he has to accept that.

Reactions: CRI
Can you sum up the argument for people who don't want to watch an 8-minute video?
No. If you don't want to spend 8 minutes watching a very entertaining and informative video that is already very summarised in form, you'll just have to stay ignorant. Bloody modern spoon fed world.

No. If you don't want to spend 8 minutes watching a very entertaining and informative video that is already very summarised in form, you'll just have to stay ignorant. Bloody modern spoon fed world.

You're complaining about the modern world but you posted a YouTube video instead of explaining your assertion. You didn't even say anything about the video, apart from that it was time for it.

People read these boards on their phones, at work, commuting, wherever - not that many of them are going to watch an 8-minute video. If you want to communicate something, it's probably best to stick to words instead of YouTube videos.

Never mind, with republican companies supplying the voting software they'll have thought of all that.

Electronic voting is just a bad idea full stop, because it will always at least have the fear of being corrupted.

Time for this again.

You're complaining about the modern world but you posted a YouTube video instead of explaining your assertion. You didn't even say anything about the video, apart from that it was time for it.
You want me to spend 8 minutes tapping out a summary so you can save 8 minutes watching something that would be better. Fuck that.

I can sum it up for you: he says that electronic voting is just a bad idea full stop, because it will always at least have the fear of being corrupted.

You want me to spend 8 minutes tapping out a summary so you can save 8 minutes watching something that would be better. Fuck that.

"Hi everybody, I can't spare 8 minutes to type out my argument, please watch this video instead, it says what I think."

"Hi everybody, I can't spare 8 minutes to type out my argument, please watch this video instead, it says what I think."

Fuck me, if you'd just watched the video instead of whining about it, you'd now have some idea what the problems are.

But if you really can't bring yourself to watch it, there are already various articles discussing the issue linked to on this very thread which might enlighten you on the subject.

Fuck me, if you'd just watched the video instead of whining about it, you'd now have some idea what the problems are.

But if you really can't bring yourself to watch it, there are already various articles discussing the issue linked to on this very thread which might enlighten you on the subject.

Of course I watched it. But this is a bulletin board, where we are supposed to communicate with words, not with videos of some earnest person talking a mile a minute accompanied by animations. I don't know why it's even controversial to be saying this.

People read these boards on their phones, at work, commuting, wherever - not that many of them are going to watch an 8-minute video. If you want to communicate something, it's probably best to stick to words instead of YouTube videos.

And a lot of people at work have YouTube blocked...AND Twitter, give a summary or cut n paste a tweet, don't expect people to be able to view YouTube and social media at work locations.

I'm not just being a contrarian here - almost nobody watches videos that are posted on the Internet. On Facebook, people post up videos of their kids or whatever and they don't even watch them themselves. I don't know what proportion of videos on YouTube ever get watched by more than a few people but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was more than 1 or 2 percent.

Posting YouTube videos instead of explaining things is often the mark of the conspiraloon, of people who will say "Watch Loose Change" instead of saying why they think 9/11 was a conspiracy.

I could probably post up a video of Bernie Sanders talking for 30 seconds and Hitler ranting for 30 minutes and a lot of people would like it. How many people would have watched kabbes' video all the way through? He's one of the smartest posters on these boards, he has a long history of talking sense, I want to hear what he has to say, not what someone on YouTube has to say.

Last edited:
A little light relief...

Amazon.com: Trump Make America Great Again Red Cap Collectible Ornament: Toys & Games

votes
Question:
what size is this? Dimensions
Answer:
Unfortunately, not large enough to fit over one's pointy, white sheet head covering.
By Kindle Customer on November 24, 2016
See more answers (248)
    votes
Question:
Is it really made in China
Answer:
Of course, like most things bearing the Trump name, in order to spend less money and increase profit, this was mass produced in China
By Sasquatch on November 23, 2016
See more answers (79)
    votes
Question:
Will this ornament keep all of it's pre-holiday promises?
Answer:
Only the promise to imprison all blue ornaments. The tree will be protected at all times by a gingerbread wall. The Lollipop Guild will pay for that wall. The wall will be decorated with white icing ONLY.
By TallOrangeAngry on November 24, 2016
See more answers (146)
    votes
Question:
Where is this manufactured?
Answer:
Dum Gai, China.
By D. S. on November 23, 2016

Yep, me suggesting somebody describe the contents of a video is merely the start of a fundamentalist campaign that will ban links and images from all posts. Smileys can probably do one as well.

So, now that you've watched it, and hopefully read at least some of the articles linked to on this (and other?) threads which address the issue of problems with electronic voting systems, do you have any thoughts you'd like to share with us?

So, now that you've watched it, and hopefully read at least some of the articles linked to on this (and other?) threads which address the issue of problems with electronic voting systems, do you have any thoughts you'd like to share with us?

What kind of response do you generally get when you talk to people like that?

I can sum it up for you: he says that electronic voting is just a bad idea full stop, because it will always at least have the fear of being corrupted.
That's not a summary. Without watching the vid, it reads like a statement of the conclusion. But it gives no idea as to how that conclusion was arrived at, so it's pretty useless as a summary - you need to watch the vid to see why they think that.

I watched it. This is a silly argument. What next, no links, pictures?

In the old days, people [me included] would sometimes respond in a discussion by posting a link to some lengthy article, without any comment on what the article contained, and would say, in essence, 'read that'.

The discussion would continue, and the article poster might end up saying something like, 'but the article responded to that - at paragraph 352.'

As I recall it, the moderators would sometimes respond by saying that it was appropriate to at least provide a synopsis, if one was going to link to something lengthy. There might even have been a rule about it.

Not sure that the form of media linked to should matter: if it's going to take more than a minute or two to read or watch/listen to, and the poster thinks the thing is germane or important, it facilitates the flow of discussion to provide a synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom