Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

But you did complain, at a properly labelled vid that showed events, which you admitted you did not watch :rolleyes:.
If you can't tell the difference between a video of a congressional hearing that says it's a video of a congressional hearing and a video of some YouTube knob end blethering on for several minutes that claims to be a clip of Nancy Pelosi then I for one certainly wouldn't trust you to put books in alphabetical order.

If you can't tell the difference between a video of a congressional hearing that says it's a video of a congressional hearing and a video of some YouTube knob end blethering on for several minutes that claims to be a clip of Nancy Pelosi then I for one certainly wouldn't trust you to put books in alphabetical order.
No "claims" about it, Nancy was on there, which you would know if you watched it. As for my librarian talents, well, they are excellent, so there's no need for the snark.

Harris is opening up some more healthy leads in some of the swing states.

Harris has a 7-point lead over Trump in Nevada — 52 percent to 45 percent — and a 5-point lead in Pennsylvania, 51 percent to 46 percent. In Arizona and Michigan, the vice president has a 3-point edge over the GOP nominee, 50 percent to 47 percent.

Her lead is much smaller in North Carolina, 50 percent to 48 percent, and Wisconsin, 51 percent to 48 percent. The two White House contenders are tied in Georgia with 49 percent support apiece, the survey found.

The majority of Harris’s leads, with the exceptions of Nevada and Pennsylvania, are within the survey’s margin of error.

I don't think the polls are at all trustworthy but I'm cautiously optimistic about a Harris win - possibly a narrow one, maybe even a landslide if turnout among women is high enough.

This is the first presidential election since Roe v. Wade was overturned and since then, there has been a series of victories outperforming the polls, even in heavily Republican states, when abortion rights has been on the ballot - there's been a lot of horrific stories coming out of states like Texas and Idaho, and even many strongly Republican women don't support laws that would force them to give birth to a rapist's baby

I don't think the polls are at all trustworthy but I'm cautiously optimistic about a Harris win - possibly a narrow one, maybe even a landslide if turnout among women is high enough.

This is the first presidential election since Roe v. Wade was overturned and since then, there has been a series of victories outperforming the polls, even in heavily Republican states, when abortion rights has been on the ballot - there's been a lot of horrific stories coming out of states like Texas and Idaho, and even many strongly Republican women don't support laws that would force them to give birth to a rapist's baby
As far as I can tell it’s going to come down to republican turnout in just a couple of states. If enough who would never vote dem but feel they can’t vote for trump stay at home, Harris wins. If not, she’s fucked.

It's a weird one because my family in the US who are all pretty much White Irish American former blue collar turned upper middle class, living in suburban McMansions and working in good auto industry (union) jobs went Democrat because they liked Obama, but still moderate Democrat until Trump drove them further left and anti Republican. And I wonder how many others have been sent that way by Trumpism? I mean they never used to discuss politics on Facebook but now they're always sharing anti Trump stuff. I get the sense from the replies from friends and neighbours a lot of them have gone in the same direction.

I'm glad to hear that. Living in a deep red state can really mess with your head sometimes.

A new low from Trump.

Former president Donald Trump asserted Vice President Kamala Harris was “born mentally impaired” in the first few minutes at his Wisconsin rally on Saturday afternoon.

"Joe Biden became mentally impaired, Kamala was born that way,” Trump told a room of rallygoers in Prairie du Chien while criticizing the administration’s position on immigration.

The former president falsely asserted, once again, that Harris was appointed “border czar” and allowed migrants to cross the border and commit violent crimes.

“Only a mentally disabled person could have allowed this to happen to our country,” Trump said.

However, Harris trolls him by running an ad attacking Trump as he watches Georgia-Alabama game hours after calling her ‘mentally impaired’

Harris runs ad pressuring Trump to debate her a second time​

“Winners never back down from a challenge,” the 30-second ad, which aired during the Georgia-Alabama college football game, states. “Champions know it’s anytime, anyplace. But losers, they whine and waffle and take their ball home.”

Harris continued: “Well, Donald, I do hope you’ll reconsider to meet me on the debate stage,” she says. “If you’ve got something to say, say it to my face.”

:D

LINK

I mean it seems pretty ableist to me rather than racist? Then again the R word etc have always been much more acceptable in the US than here it seems

This is a slightly confusing video.

It’s less than 4 minutes long.
An anti-Haitian demo in Springfield Ohio attended by men wearing all black + covered faces. Then a woman shouting “No hate only love”

Then more men wearing all black with covered faces who seem to have gathered to counter a non-existent RW demo.

Then back to the anti-Haitian demo.

These two small groups don’t seem to be in the same location. They all seem to be absurdly I’ll informed.

The comments under the video are mostly saying “this is Antifa trying to incite, or it’s Feds trying to incite, and “Not real Americans, real Americans don’t cover their faces”. No discussion about the issue (racism).

I’m seeing the awful chasm opening up, the lines dividing.

Springfield is a small Midwestern town. The Simpsons live in Springfield because it represents the most normal place, the most average. There are about 70 Springfields in the USA.

It’s no accident that this town has had a target drawn around it. It’s almost as if someone chose a small safe average town in order to get people aligned in this horrible situation, and then found the fulcrum point in the obscure local rumour about people eating pets. (I know it’s been circulating in Springfield OH for a while but without the bullhorn broadcast it would have remained a local peculiarity.)

Imagine if you wanted to reverse engineer a crisis in a normal average town, one that normally doesn’t appear on the national radar, like, ever.

Springfield isn’t the only place with a sudden influx of immigrants. Or the point could have been a local gang, or a large group of LGBT kids. It’s one thing getting people riled up at rallies, in cities: they’re already fairly politically motivated. Getting people riled up in a small safe average town isn’t so immediate. Maybe you need to give them something to get riled up about.
You list all the cities and towns that might serve the purpose, then you look for the crisis point, then you feed it to Trump. Poison in his ear.

I hope I’m reading too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom