Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

No date. And there is a higher NY court to which Trump can appeal after that. So it’s not going to be finished before the election.
All this leading to him winning the election and letting rip across every court in the land makes me relatively happy about the large ocean between us and them.

All this leading to him winning the election and letting rip across every court in the land makes me relatively happy about the large ocean between us and them.

I don’t think he will, personally. Not convinced by US polling. Maga candidates have been doing worse than expected, possibly because even Republican women don’t really want Gilead. By November, he’ll sound even more paranoid and ugly about his legal issues - and more and more like a loser. His core vote won’t be enough.

sadly it doesn't look quite so impressive if you look at its performance over the past month
View attachment 419129

Pointless looking at the last month, Truth Media wasn't floated until around 26th Mar., in some sort of weird take-over by an existing business, hence history is shown before that date.

The share price soared for a couple of days, before the long journey south.

1712599242810.png

Pointless looking at the last month, Truth Media wasn't floated until around 26th Mar., in some sort of weird take-over by an existing business, hence history is shown before that date.
The shell company was already floated and created solely to take over another company (i.e. truth social). Apparently it is a way of getting round some of the regulations when floating a company.

The shell company was already floated and created solely to take over another company (i.e. truth social). Apparently it is a way of getting round some of the regulations when floating a company.

Indeed, but Truth Media was only folded into the shell company around the 26th March.

What on earth is Cameron hoping to achieve here? Not a good look at all imo:

It's electioneering. A reminder to the British electorate that America might have a fascist wannabe dictator in charge, so the best way for us to ride their coat-tails is to vote for the fascist wannabe dictators over here. Vote Conservative.

Oooh oooh oooh Letitia James making a late run in the outside lane :thumbs:

The New York Attorney General may start collecting Trump assets if he fails to post a bond by next Monday, a leading real estate lawyer has said.
Edit
Paul Golden, author of Litigating Constructive Trusts and a partner at New York law firm Coffey Modica, told Newsweek that either Trump or a bond company must file a motion by Monday stating they have a $175 million bond in place.

"Presumably, if the motion fails, the Attorney General will take the position that the bond is without effect and that the Attorney General may start to take collection efforts," Golden said.
The bond was then rejected by the court's filing system shortly after it was posted due to missing paperwork, including a "current financial statement." James, whose office led the fraud case against Trump, later raised questions about the "sufficiency" of the bond and noted that the surety backing it, Knight Specialty Insurance Company (KSIC), is not admitted in New York, meaning it's ineligible to obtain a certificate of qualification from the Department of Financial Services. KSIC has refiled its paperwork as a result in an effort to get the process moving again.

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear ...

The integrity of the fraud trial may be at stake, she argued in a letter Tuesday night.

The AG is looking at three internal Trump Organization email chains from 2016 that were never turned over to her office during her five years of pursuing Trump for tricking banks into thinking he's worth more than he is.

James knows the emails exist.

Manhattan prosecutors used them as evidence in sending former Trump CFO Allen Weisselberg to jail for perjury on Monday.

But the emails — in which Weisselberg and his Trump Org underlings responded to Forbes magazine questions about the value of Trump's Manhattan triplex penthouse — were not among the 900,000 documents Trump Org turned over to James' fraud probe.

It never rains ... :(

Donald Trump’s financial house of cards is beginning to collapse.

The Republican presidential nominee, who’s made his personal wealth central to his candidacy since 2016, has fallen off the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The list is a daily ranking of the 500 richest people in the world, and as of Tuesday, Trump no longer qualifies.

The blow comes just days after the price of Trump Media stock plummeted and two main investors behind the merger between Trump Media and Technology, the parent company of Truth Social, and Digital World Acquisition Corporation, a shell company, were charged with insider trading.

Trump has already been struggling to prove his wealth following the revelation that the surety firm backing the $175 million bond in his civil fraud trial is insolvent, unlicensed in New York, and may not have actually agreed to pay the penalty if Trump cannot come up with the money.

Originally valued at $8 billion, Trump Media has lost half its value since it debuted in March. The drop in value does little to dispel allegations that the stock is a potential pump-and-dump scheme concocted by Trump to funnel credulous supporters’ money toward his mounting legal debts. He cannot sell or borrow against his shares in Trump Media for six months, so while this latest embarrassment is mostly a cosmetic hit to his net worth, it’s still possible that he’ll have suckered enough of his voters into paying off a chunk of the judgments against him when all is said and done.

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear ...

Is there a potential to escalate this from a civil case with fines (big ones) at stake into criminal perjury?

Please let it be so, these would be state charges so even if Trump were elected Pres, he couldn't pardon himself.

Are Americans finally realising that rape, pedophilia and dictatorship are bad?

i would dispute "catching up". this is from a week ago. full disclosure, the guy's a party pro, but isn't working for the biden campaign.

Reality slowly dawning...

Did Trump sell large amounts of his stock when the prices were high but can't yet cash in until the regulation six? months has passed?

I saw one poor sod went all in to buy and bankrupted himself when the prices shot up and he got loads of expensive worthless stock.

Some still don't seem to realise that they were hustled by Trump though

"Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!" one user wrote in a Truth Social post, as quoted by WaPo, accusing Wall Street of unfairly shorting the stock. "They’re stealing peoples [sic] money and you’re allowing it!!"

"Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!" one user wrote in a Truth Social post, as quoted by WaPo, accusing Wall Street of unfairly shorting the stock. "They’re stealing peoples [sic] money and you’re allowing it!!"

Yeah, blame Wall Street, because the truth hurts.

The latest plunge comes after TMTG announced it was planning to issue millions of additional shares.

Most of these seem to be what Trump holds.

As of this morning, shares have fallen well below $30, significantly less than what they were worth at the time of TMTG's merger and well under half what it was worth just two weeks ago.

Analysts have been shouting from the rooftops that Trump's cash grab was nothing more than a "scam" and that investors should stay far away. Yet plenty of the former president's most diehard fans have yet to be dissuaded.

Let's ignore that and keep the faith. :D

"I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans," 71-year-old Oklahoma City native Jerry McClain, who invested in the stock, told WaPo. "I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime."

Did Trump sell large amounts of his stock when the prices were high but can't yet cash in until the regulation six? months has passed?

I saw one poor sod went all in to buy and bankrupted himself when the prices shot up and he got loads of expensive worthless stock.

He's not supposed to have been allowed to, no, nor to securitise against them (use them as collateral for a loan "liening" against them) ; however there are always ways around this (if you can find a buyer) - off-book options contracts for instance (ie an agreement to sell them to a specific person in future, which can have a floating price based on the actual price after the expiry of the moratorium), which he can (potentially) sell for a premium now to raise cash. This might be technically prohibited as if it were a lien (depends on the terms of the lock-in), but he could still do it if the buyer is willing to take the risk and there'd be little chance of being found out. Or it might not be.

Ie I pay Trump $100m now for the right to buy $500m worth of stock when he's allowed to sell it for $250m (the $500m being based on the value at the time, not now). There are risks for the buyer of course (eg if it goes to zero then there's no way to buy $500m worth), and tax implications for the buyer (acquiring stock at undervalue - albeit there will be offshore structures to mitigate that). But with the right values for the $100m and $500m and $250m it could be worth it.

Basically there are always structures to do anything one wants, with the right amount of indirection and/or obfuscsation. So it's not impossible he's raised cash on the back of his holdings already.

Back
Top Bottom