Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

chase this one quoad
Square%20Image%20for%20street%20action%20page.jpg

Sorry, has yet no one noticed Shevaughan?

Christ, what fucking illiterate crisp packet named, and then recorded that - or was it done over the phone and the 'reporter' so imbecilic that he'd no idea how to spell Siobhan?
Proper vegans never use a word with the "bh" letter combination :hmm:

Actually, the only thing that gets on my tits about preachy vegans is the tediously sanctimonious 'ethical' and 'cruelty free' label they drape themselves in.

Personally I couldn't care less if they break wind and faint all over each other - and actually I have an interest in vegan arguments about the use of resources in livestock Vs arable food production - but fuck me sideways, being a sanctimonious, holier than thou smug cunt is not the way to win friends and influence people...

(And, dear vegans, I have a sneaky feeling that for lots of the brethren, it's not - it's about feeling all superior to the carnists and plastic vege's - that for a true vegan, animals must die at the hands of others...).

Actually, the only thing that gets on my tits about preachy vegans is the tediously sanctimonious 'ethical' and 'cruelty free' label they drape themselves in.

Personally I couldn't care less if they break wind and faint all over each other - and actually I have an interest in vegan arguments about the use of resources in livestock Vs arable food production - but fuck me sideways, being a sanctimonious, holier than thou smug cunt vegan is not the way to win friends and influence people...

(And, dear vegans, I have a sneaky feeling that for lots of the brethren, it's not - it's about feeling all superior to the carnists and plastic vege's - that for a true vegan, animals must die at the hands of others...).
Just kidding... but on my quest to garner more knowledge on the subject, I've been getting to know a few of more of our vegan friends. So far only 88% of them are sanctimonious cunts, so not all of them are in it for self-righteous reasons.

the vegan reminds everybody that he's a vegan.
This is what I've come to notice in my quest to learn a little more about our vegan friends.
It's like that Apple fanboi joke. How do you know someone owns an iPhone/iPad? Wait for 2 seconds and they'll tell you. The same seems to apply to the majority of vegans (in my research). They seem to be wearing veganism as a fashion* statement.

*see: moral superiority.

This is what I've come to notice in my quest to learn a little more about our vegan friends.
It's like that Apple fanboi joke. How do you know someone owns an iPhone/iPad? Wait for 2 seconds and they'll tell you. The same seems to apply to the majority of vegans (in my research). They seem to be wearing veganism as a fashion statement.

I've got an iPhone *and* an iPad.

*And* I had a vegan tea last night.
Mostly because I'd accidentally frozen my eggs, but it counts. :cool:

It's like that Apple fanboi joke. How do you know someone owns an iPhone/iPad? Wait for 2 seconds and they'll tell you. The same seems to apply to the majority of vegans (in my research). They seem to be wearing veganism as a fashion statement.
More than fashion - there is usually (but not invariably) a moralistic element

Back
Top Bottom