Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

She says in that piece that she had to bring the company along, it couldn't be imposed. Funny, I'd call the business refusing to pay legitimate employee expenses for sustenance because they don't like the choice pretty imposing really. If they can do this, what's to stop employers imposing their view of what they deem healthy - oh you had chips, fuck off then, pay for your own tea out of your own pocket when you were 100 miles from home at 8pm during a twelve hour working day.

Mind you, not the first. The hippy capitalist dick who owns forest green rovers did the same. He's a right bellend too.

She says in that piece that she had to bring the company along, it couldn't be imposed. Funny, I'd call the business refusing to pay legitimate employee expenses for sustenance because they don't like the choice pretty imposing really. If they can do this, what's to stop employers imposing their view of what they deem healthy - oh you had chips, fuck off then, pay for your own tea out of your own pocket when you were 100 miles from home at 8pm during a twelve hour working day.

Mind you, not the first. The hippy capitalist dick who owns forest green rovers did the same. He's a right bellend too.
players got healthier didn't they?

players got healthier didn't they?

Dunno tbh, wouldn't surprise me if they did though. It's not the eating plant based food that bothers me. It's the employer enforcing something which infringes on the employees lives and autonomy for no good reason, or no good reason in the context of the employer > employee relationship. Bosses shouldn't be telling the people they employ what they can or can't eat. Its a cunts trick.

Dunno tbh, wouldn't surprise me if they did though. It's not the eating plant based food that bothers me. It's the employer enforcing something which infringes on the employees lives and autonomy for no good reason, or no good reason in the context of the employer > employee relationship. Bosses shouldn't be telling the people they employ what they can or can't eat. Its a cunts trick.

At FGR isn't it only meals that they provided? Players could it anything while away from the club and not on duty.

I agree with what you are saying though.

If it was really about the environment they should have banned

The story is somewhat unclear but it did seem to suggest it was majorly approved but there were ‘a few dissidents’. So not everyone was on board, initially at the very least, and it’s not difficult to imagine a situation whereby an employee doesn’t agree with a measure but eventually goes along with it because the boss is lobbying hard for it and at the end of the day you don’t want to risk antagonising your employer.

There’s something fundamentally wrong about this. Apart from the fact that the environmental angle is highly subjective (poultry is not nearly as environmentally significant as red meat but is banned- yet cow milk cheese or eggs are allowed), unless the rule had been stipulated in the employment contract I cannot see how one can suddenly legally stop certain food expenses based on dietary choices when none had previously existed.

I'm (of course) completely supportive of veggie and vegan foods becoming commonplace and all restaurants and workplaces offering a good range of such options, but to me this feels like a cunt's trick...

Cunt's trick. It can only possibly create negativity and a backlash.

Vegan sends email request asking neighbours to cook meat with windows shut
"Please close your windows when cooking meat!!" the email begins.

"As a vegan runner, it's always hard for me this time of year when the weather starts warming up and folks start opening their windows."

Fuck off, you daft cunt! :D:D:D

"As a vegan runner, it's always hard for me this time of year when the weather starts warming up and folks start opening their windows."

The quote may be genuine, but @bestofnextdoor clearly isn't the account the original alleged tweet was posted from, and I note that it was tagged to SXSW, which is a US-based comedy festival, so I'm not 100% convinced...

ETA: Interestingly, a Google of choice phrases in the alleged tweet reveal nothing except retweets, eg from the bestofnextdoor account. I am increasingly suspicious...

Will nobody think of the #plantbased neighbours suffering?!

:D

Surely it’s a windup?

The quote may be genuine, but @bestofnextdoor clearly isn't the account the original alleged tweet was posted from, and I note that it was tagged to SXSW, which is a US-based comedy festival, so I'm not 100% convinced...
It's bollocks of course. That's why no one has actually managed to cite an actual source for this, and can only refer to an 'email apparently sent by a vegan jogger.'
Still, it looks like there's more than enough people ready to hoover up this nonsense.

I've no idea. It came up in my news feed, so I did a search and it's all over the netz. But it is funny :D

It's bollocks of course. That's why no one has actually managed to cite an actual source for this, and can only refer to an 'email apparently sent by a vegan jogger.'
Still, it looks like there's more than enough people ready to hoover up this nonsense.
Like hoovering up post-brexit airport queue nonsense?

I've no idea. It came up in my news feed, so I did a search and it's all over the netz. But it is funny :D
It is - sort of - funny, but increasingly implausible.

I'm not averse to poking fun at Precious Veganism, but I prefer to use remotely credible sources, if only to avoid looking like I'm only interested in tweaking vegan noses.

I'm not averse to poking fun at Precious Veganism, but I prefer to use remotely credible sources, if only to avoid looking like I'm only interested in tweaking vegan noses.
I'm fairness, I've no idea of the source, or its validity... I'm merely reporting the news. ;)

Readers digest?

Vegans abuse farmer delivering dairy during coronavirus crisis
A farmer and his pregnant wife are devastated after being abused online by vegans for delivering dairy products to the elderly and vulnerable self-isolating during the coronavirus pandemic.

Disgusting.

awww farmers weekly, such an unbiased source! and not just a WIFE but a PREGNANT WIFE! :eek:

But fine for them and other dairy farmers to keep the cows almost constantly pregnant after they've been raped and their babies torn away screaming

And obviously not as DISGUSTING as a bit of online abuse :facepalm:
desperate industry in desperate times

I like the way he made vague reference to the comments but never said what they actually were. And they were definitely made by vegans, but he seems unwilling to say who they were or how he knew they were vegans. Still, I'm sure the criminal investigation will get to the bottom of it. What's that? There isn't one? Oh. Bit of a non story, then.

Back
Top Bottom