Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

Just in case anyone thought being angry was obligatory if you're vegan

Redruth vegan woman's 'shock' at frog in her Aldi lettuce
A woman looking forward to tucking into a freshly bought lettuce got a shock when she found a frog lurking among the leaves. Shevaughan Tolputt, 37, from Carn Brea in Cornwall, bought the lettuce at Aldi in nearby Redruth. Aldi has apologised and said it is investigating how the frog got into the lettuce and offered her a refund on the 36p salad. "I was shocked, but I can also see the funny side of it," she said.

Eat what you like, says I. I've never been convinced by the vegan argument.

I'm sure that pearl of wisdom will go far... :)

E2A - in answer to the question, they don't make me want to eat meat, but they certainlyy don't convince me

PETA announces 2018 UK Hottest Vegan finalists | Daily Mail Online

He's always felt a deep connection with animals and has attended protests against Canada Goose and participated in Cube of Truth vegan outreach to speak to people on the street about vegan living.

The airline pilot uses his job to talk to people about following a vegan lifestyle.

Full-time activist Matthew Parkin, 26, from Southampton even uses dating apps to extol the benefits of vegan living.

Katie, 26, from Edinburgh made the decision to go from vegetarian to vegan. Now uses her own experience to persuade others to make the switch.

Cath, 29, lives in the West Midlands, where she spends her time working as a support worker, getting involved in animal rights activism, blogging about cruelty-free living

her mission in life is to turn her father vegan.

Scottish nurse Kirsten from Edinburgh loves spreading the vegan message at every chance she gets and encouraging the people she meets to ditch meat.

0EA90562-C172-45D9-8A34-4881B5CD80D6.jpeg

A pub near me is hosting a "vegan stand-up comedy night".

Might go along - apparently selling out fast and must admit I'm curious about what it will entail.

I've said it before but many moons ago when I did a Christmas student stint at Pork Farms in Nottingham, they made the cheese and onion rolls on the same machine as the sausage rolls. That was a long time ago but it still kinda shocks me.
Veggies working on a pig farm ? :hmm:

EDIT :-

Oh I see ...

Do you feel better after posting that?
Entertained! :thumbs:

My wife is sometimes all, like, “that’s a totally unjustified stereotype / meme with no foundation in reality whatsoever!!!!” Which, as I think I said somewhere about p.1, is a very long way from my experience which was, in turn, borne out by this small and entirely non representative sample :thumbs:

Edit: probably not p1, but I never claimed to be numerate!
IME, one of the more prominent issues [edit: wrt being put off, and as opposed to “angry vegans”] is the tedium of single-issue vegans who don't really talk about anything but their veganism, vegan principles, veganity, and associated vegan-oriented topics of conversation.

Someone more droller than I might also reflect that, in fairness, well* over 11% of your 9 posts are not about veganism.

*let well = 0.11111111111%

OK, I'll get it out in the open. I'm vegan, pleased to meet you.

I'm vegan because I believe we should treat animals much better in this world, and the environment, and our own health.

There's an argument between vegans that seems to be gathering pace. Some vegans claim that you can be vegan and eat honey, drink beer with fish bladder in it... Other vegans think that you have to be 100% vegan or get to f***. Those in the latter group tend to be quite militant/vegans.

My question to the good people of Urban75 is this. Do angry vegans make you want to shout bacon in their face? Do angry vegans make you think say oh f*** off would you? Are you more receptive to a non judgemental, the right side of sanity vegan? Or do you still want to shout bacon in their face?

I'd be grateful of responses.
I have been trying to cut down my meat intake, don't know if Quorn is a bad name round here, but it seemed pretty good in a stew.
Q is made from fungi apparently!
Was thinking on the nature of animals - so looked up that beef, pork and lamb come from other mammals.
Is it OK to eat fish coz they don't have any feelings? (Nirvana, Something in the way)
Or chicken, coz they're birds?
Vegetarian is sufficient I would think.
Or at least only white meat as it is healthier for you.
Vegans tend to have a deathly palour about them!

You know how loyal Georgia off love island is?

Exactly.

:cool:
no idea who that is and never watched that programme
odd that that meme entertains you still, won't expect a proper response, fill your boots and keep scraping the barrel

Self-evidently so. In fact, the attempt to deny this is the case are almost more ludicrous than the stuff being cited.

And if I met someone through a dating site whom it emerged was using it as a way to proselytise, I'd be out of there faster than you could say "bunny boiler"

Although boiling bunnies is frowned upon.

Except for humane euthanasia reasons, obv.

Back
Top Bottom