Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cricket World Cup 2023

Well that was quite a thrashing. Out-batted and out-bowled.

Team just isn't working atm. I think Woakes and Curran both need to be dropped. The pair of them have now had three very poor matches with bat and ball. They're going to need to lengthen the tail, I think. Top order will have to deliver. When's Stokes back?

“It’s not arrogant to say we’re a very good team” :D
Who said that?

tbh I feared this might happen to England at this WC. They feel like a team on a downward trajectory. This isn't a disaster yet, but realistically they can only afford to lose one more game out of the next six. And those games include India, SA, Pakistan and Australia. Next game vs SA feels like a must-win.

Who said that?

tbh I feared this might happen to England at this WC. They feel like a team on a downward trajectory.

It's what I said from the start, or meant, as to why we had no chance. That plus Indian conditions (and being in India) plus we are always the team to fuck up against Ireland, Netherlands etc regardless = no chance.

Woakes is off it, Curran is Curran (shit) and we miss Stokes far, far more than we realise. And I'm not convinced about Buttler's captaincy. Curran should never have had those overs towards the end.

It's what I said from the start, or meant, as to why we had no chance. That plus Indian conditions (and being in India) plus we are always the team to fuck up against Ireland, Netherlands etc regardless = no chance.

Woakes is off it, Curran is Curran (shit) and we miss Stokes far, far more than we realise. And I'm not convinced about Buttler's captaincy. Curran should never have had those overs towards the end.
It doesn't fell very Bazbally at the moment. I know they have a different captain for the one day game, but are all the backroom staff different?

I honestly dont think think having the alpha male of males lurking around in the dressing room while not even playing is adding anything. Let Buttler do his job.

80%+ seems a bit generous, but SA are making a meal of this game!

1697556233509.png

A few minutes later....!

1697557694725.png

Blimey!

1697559075376.png

Last edited:
The commentator said just before the last ball "it's just delaying the inevitable, it's going to be a win for the Netherlands"

And I was saying "why's it inevit ... ok fair enough"

The captain sounds like he's just stepped off Bondi beach and the rest are South Africans themselves but fun nonetheless
Only three South Africans in the Dutch team (two Indians, one Aussie, two Kiwis, three Dutch)

Only three South Africans in the Dutch team

Which is less than England used to (and still would given the chance).

Great result for the game but c'mon, 15 matches gone and this was amongst the closest at 38 runs. In fact, in terms of runs, it's the closest. On wins by the team batting 2nd, 5 wickets is the closest.

This is a bit shit.

Yes its the shittest WC since 07 for sure. There is clearly no appetite for 50 over cricket in India unless they're playing their neighbours but presumably the BCCI is making a nice little wedge out of the tv rights.

Back
Top Bottom